gabe,

i think saturn is acting in redfords life with regard to these dynamics that played out with his children.. i know nothing about the kurios of the chart or how that is arrived at..

for me all the planets have some input into a persons life in some way.. do you think differently, or that a planet will be subject to another planet having a greater say to the point where say jupiter has all the say in redfords life and saturn has next to none? i suppose i am questioning just how far one takes this idea of rulership..

i don't understand the idea that 'saturn can't supply itself with objects in the persons life to act upon'.. how does this work or not work? does this mean that certain planets like jupiter can supply itself with objects to act upon due its location in the sign sag? maybe you can elaborate on this idea as i don't understand it the way you have said here.

thanks for any additional comments you'd like to provide..

Hi James
james_m wrote: for me all the planets have some input into a persons life in some way.. do you think differently, or that a planet will be subject to another planet having a greater say to the point where say jupiter has all the say in redfords life and saturn has next to none? i suppose i am questioning just how far one takes this idea of rulership..
The planets will have "input", but what input? And where? and How?,Why? and To Whom? This is the point of astrological analysis.
james_m wrote:
i don't understand the idea that 'saturn can't supply itself with objects in the persons life to act upon'.. how does this work or not work? does this mean that certain planets like jupiter can supply itself with objects to act upon due its location in the sign sag? maybe you can elaborate on this idea as i don't understand it the way you have said here.
I should have said "Saturn can't supply itself with its own objects in the persons life to act upon".

Let's go back to the living room example. If you're in your own home, the objects, anemities, etc. at your disposal and can use are, in fact, your properties, the things you've associated with yourself.

Now if you're in someone else's home, you can't just use things like they were your own, they're not. Well, maybe you can, if you're in good enough company and have rapport with your host. Maybe you have similar or complimentary tastes, or not. Then there is the issue of what sort of relationship you have with your host, friendly, indifferent, hostile, which ever it may be, that you didn't have to deal with when you were in your own home.
Gabe

hi gabe,

i understand this is the point of astro analysis, i just don't share in the many assumptions that i see built into so much of the astro analysis.. using your analogy of the home belonging to the ruler of the sign a planet is in, is only one way, albeit a popular one - to decide the pecking order of just what planet is calling the shots in a chart.. going back to redfords, jupiter owns the sag and pisces signs, and therefore anything saturn might say is under the domain of jupiter.. i just don't buy that for this reason.. i see the position of saturn as operating first as the planet saturn and 2nd as a planet in the sign pisces.. maybe it is bold to say this and i am thinking of up-ending a way of doing astrology.. the planet has an energy all its own.. saturn is the planet closest to any of the angles - to me planets and angles are before signs, or have to be considered in some way independent of this hierarchy of signs having the final say on the astro analysis...

to answer your questions "what input?" - the meaning of saturn applied to the place in the chart.. "And where?"- at the ascendant, not far removed.. "and How?"- thru angularity ,Why? and To Whom? why not? .... to planets aspected directly to it.. none of this hinges in some all or nothing manner to the signs and the signs only whereby all our wisdom on astrology is dependent on signs and rulership of signs only..

i will toss this out additionally to stir further questioning minds - use sidereal and the sign game reads differently..