I don't have time to look at these charts as I am working tomorrow and traveling back home for Christmas, but I want to thank you, James, for taking the time to do this. I appreciate it a lot as the only reason I don't do the other mystery charts is because of the tropical positionings. Thanks again!

Thanks to James for posting this.

I'll use whole sign houses, full Indian aspects (oppositions only, plus sinister "non-reciprocal" aspects of 3 and 10 for Saturn, 4 and 8 for Mars, 5 and 9 for Jupiter and the nodes).
I'd look for aspects to the ascendant or the 10th or their rulers, particularly involving Venus (voice, esthetics), Moon (relations with the public) or Mercury (fluency of speech, oratory), and/or links between houses 5 (poetry, music, esthetics, pleasure, recreation, often creativity) or 3 (often linked to the performing arts in Indian astro, perhaps through the idea of exploits, impressive turns, martial arts) with the ascendant or H10 or rulers.

Chart 1 has Mars, ruler of 5 and 10 angular just below the descendant, aspecting the ascendant and H10. If your chart is adjusted for parallax, then without parallax Lahiri would probably put Moon just inside H1 ? but since I would use parallax and am also mentally advancing all the factors by a few minutes arc from Lahiri, I'll definitely consider it to be in 2. So Moon ruler of 1 is in 2 ? which in Indian astro often has rulership over the quality of the voice ? with Venus, which could be good. But the Moon (below horizon, of course) is waning, and although aspected by Jupiter, the latter is ruler of 6 (and 9) in 8 ? all not particularly auspicious for success with the public. Saturn (R7 and R8) in 12 aspects Moon R1 (Indian full aspect of 3, i.e. sextile) and the MC (aspect of 10). The MC is in 9, ruled by Jupiter R6 and 9, which is in 8. The Mars "energy" linking 5, 10 and ascendant could help with determination to get ahead; Mercury ruler of 3 (performing arts) and Sun (R2, voice) aspect H10 by opposition, but I'd say no for this chart ? looks more about struggle and obstacles than artistic success.

Chart 3 looks like a strong chart, and would suggest someone very successful or powerful and ambitious. Sun R1 is near the MC in 10 with Mercury (R2) and all are aspected closely (trine) by the North node ("overweening ambition", also ruthlessness, illusion, "juggling and prestidigitation"). Jupiter R5 is conjunct a highly benefic Mars (R5 and 9) in H11 (professional gains), but Sun/MC/ Mercury are aspected by Saturn R6 and 7 from 8 (aspect of 3, sextile), which also aspects H5. This person looks highly successful, lots of energy and discipline, but I'd guess not an actor or other artist.

I think chart 2 is the most likely. Both the ascendant and its ruler Mars (in 9) get close aspects (trines: respectively 9 and 5) from the North node Rahu in 5 (poetry, music, esthetics). This should give great ambition, powers to "win friends and influence people", while also being somewhat "odd" or unusual. Rahu is said to be linked to "illusion, juggling and prestidigitation". Saturn R3 is cazimi (to the minute ) to Sun R10 in H2, also both Sun and Saturn are very closely conjunct Mercury (which also rules the MC, in 11). This could give something remarkable, vocally or in terms of charisma and oratory, public speaking). Venus (esthetics, voice) is strongly placed in 1, above horizon and in sect; Moon (relations with people, the public; mentality and emotions of subject) is still almost full, and is especially benefic as R9 (the deeper aspects of artistic or spiritual calling). Moon is in sect in 8, conjunct Jupiter R5 and 2, both aspecting the cluster Sun/Mercury/Saturn in H2. This could be good for career in the arts and esthetics, using the voice and oratory, success with the public, good public relations. All this should support those aspects of the North node in 5, which I think are probably the key factor.

Graham

mystery chart exercise dec 21 2012 in sidereal / lahiri

I want to join my voice with Konrad's and say thank you to James for transferring the charts into sidereal format and posting them here.

I too looked at the tropical charts but had no time to change them into sidereal equivalents and so came away from the tropical forum a little dispirited.

Like Konrad, I can't get into the charts right now. But I am very glad to see them posted on the sidereal forum.

Melissa

I sent the charts to the SA forum but they would like the birthdata or the true nodes.See below

Hello list members,

While such an exercise is interesing in itself, let me note a few problems with this suggestion before you invest a lot of time in this.

First, the charts are given with mean nodes, not true, which enters a margin of error in the nodal placement, if the birth occurs during the stationary nodal phase. The exact placements, especially of the FMs, are important for such a reading.

Second, as the birthdata is not given, the charts cannot be recast and studied in the North Indian format. There is therefore no recourse to a study of planetary periods, varga charts, etc.. These are necessary for well rounded assessment.

Finally, it is not apparent to me that it is certain the hidden information will be shared.

If we thought the mean nodes would foul up our interpretation, or other key details were missing, we should have said so before getting (part of) the answer. In fact, none of the nodes are very near a cusp (whole sign), so I can't see what the problem is. Also dasha etc are used for timing events, but they can only bring out what's there in natal. So I don't think we needed more information, maybe better techniques, ayanamsha or whatever (Choudry does use Lahiri, BTW, so that's no problem. What maybe need to be said, for Lahirians, as I pointed out, is whether or not parallax was used, as this could move Moon into H1 in chart 1.
These little exercises are useful and fun, even if you just have a quick look for a couple a key things that seem to stand out and have a guess, it's still a chance to learn. And it makes a change from the benefit of hindsight...
So thanks again to james for posting.
Graham

I can try with Jyotisha.

I think it is the First chart with Cancer Asc and 10th lord(Aries-Mars) exalted in Capricorn.(I have ignored the MC being in 9th WSH).
The Navamsha(D-9) lagna will be Libra and Moon the 10th lord in Navamsha- it is in Royal sign Leo in Rasi and Martial sign Aries in Navamsha.

PD