glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
Godfather of Modernity: The Alan Leo Legacy Vol. One - Early Astrological Journals 1890-1912, compiled by Philip M Graves
Reviewed by Deborah Houlding
Lilly's Considerations
compiled by D. Houlding
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
The Babylonian Astrolabe: the Calendar of Creation, by Rumen K. Kolev
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Mystery Chart Exercise March 3 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixx

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
really interesting comments nixx! i agree, a thread discussing this would be ideal. the ecm catalogue was really what i grew up on and first started with in the jazz spectrum.. keith jarrett and on. i agree that no planet is going to cover all of any style of music, and i am especially curious on your thoughts towards the later part of your post saying one may not need to go beyond the sun, moon and asc for much of the info.. your interpretation of the 2nd quadrant i think is a good one.. as someone who has sun in aries in this quadrant, i can really relate to it. perhaps you can take this approach to the new quiz up on the other thread.. thanks for your comments.

Jarrett's, or Redman's, Survivors Suite Lp was an album which I considered worthy of being analysed for this book I was working on. Do you know it ?

I had a brief look at the 3 new charts. I think Tom said he was going to throw in the vocations of the other two, if so I'll see if anything jumps out with this more fundamentalist trio system then. Like the pianist it helps, me, to know if we are dealing with a Hoffman or a Stallone. Actors nowadays can be well payed cultural icons followed about by the paparazzi whereas centuries ago they had less visible or lucrative fates so it might be interesting to find out more about some tradtional conceptions of this 'choice' for a career.
james_m

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi nixx,

yes i know that recording and have it.. it is with the picture of the house on the cover.. i can't remember the story on the house.. jarrett had the euro group and the american group running at the same time.. he had much more difficulty keeping the american group running on a smooth level as i recall from reading the book on him by ian carr.. do you play music?
Nixx

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

Yes, this is the one. One potentially interesting astrological angle to this LP is how the USA quartet hadn't previously gelled like the European one then managed to produce this extraordinary music.

You asked me about playing before. I was sent to a school where learning instruments was mandatory so by the age of 13 could play the piano and violin to about grade 5 standard but then gave them. Since then I returned to the piano a little and learnt the guitar to a pretty basic standard. Like a lot of folks it's a regret I was tempted away by more instantly gratifying teenage kicks.

Drums I was never tempted by, bloody noisy and I don't much like the look of them or the sound much come to think of it. Could be more of a Sun in Aries endeavour ?
james_m

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi nixx,
i sent you a more personal note in a pm.. i thought i would stop talking non astro here on the thread out of a favour to the others! hopefully you get my message.. cheers james
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: