Is this prospective lodger trustworthy?

The querent is letting a room in her house and has interviewed a prospective lodger. She wants to know if he's trustworthy.

5th. March 2012, 7.59pm GMT, Worcester, UK, Regiomontanus. 8 degrees Libra rising.

The lodger is Lord 6, Jupiter. Jupiter is lacking essential dignity (peregrine) and accidental dignity, being in the 8th.house. Not a good first impression.

His finances, 2nd from the 6th, are signified by Mars, within 5 degrees of the 12th. house so accidentally debilitated, and also peregrine. Coupled with being retrograde, this adds up to his finances being in a mess.

The chart's answer seems to be no, she wouldn't want this person as a lodger.
H.

Hi Harlequin

Are you looking for someone to offer their own suggestions as well? If so could you post the chart?

Personally I would use Lord 7 as the lodger, because these days that kind of thing is more a straightforward business deal like any other.

I believe Lilly uses Lord 6 but in my view that nature of that kind of business has changed since his day.

As for essential dignity, I think a planet lacking dignity isn't necessarily untrustworthy, just like a planet full of dignity isn't necessarily trustworthy. I think that the planet is Jupiter is more an indication of trustworthiness. If it was in its fall or detriment perhaps you'd lean more towards untrustworthiness. Here he is a planet that is peregrine - wandering, without a home. But wouldn't that make sense for someone looking for a home to live in?

I'd still use Lord 7 though and see. I'd take an application of the Moon to a malefic or a combust planet as being more indicative of untrustworthiness.

His finances are OK, both Venus and Jupiter in the 8th. He is not exactly a choir boy since he is represented by Mars Rx peregrine in the 12th which is the House of enemies and self-undoing (from the Querent's perspective).

But his moneys are OK and since Jupiter collects the light from L2 and L8, the Querent will get her money. Well, since L2 is the same Mars Rx peregrine in the 12th, apparently the Querent is hurting herself financially but that wasn't the question.

Nah I wouldn't go with this one.

Mars lacking dignity and retrograding back into the 12th house disposed by mercury conjunct uranus. Doesn't seem very stable.

Cardinal signs rising and the moon void in her course.

I don't think this is the tenant for her.

However I do think she'll go with this tenant anyway as the Moon approaches a semi-sextile with Mars. I know the use of minor aspects is controversial, the only ones I ever use are the semi-sextile and quincunx and only then very seldom.

L2 and L8, as well as L1 and L7 agree (Jupiter collects their lights, Venus in her sign). Maybe he's not a pope, yet if the Querent and the Tenant/Lodger/whatever and their moneys are in agreement I don't think there's a problem.

Maybe he's a prick but as long as he pays and they both get along who cares? The angles are cardinal, he may leave soon (maybe he'll change his mind because Mars is Rx) but his money is a Benefic in its domicile in a fixed sign.