For instance if AC in Libra and Saturn is hour's ruler (in night chart Mercury is triplicity ruler)?
Right, Saturn isn't lord of the ASC, Saturn doesn't agree with the air triplicity at night (only in the day), Saturn's humoral nature only agrees with an earth sign rising.

You would look to Venus as the lord of the ASC and see if she is in the same triplicity as Saturn, the hour ruler. If she isn't, then it fails the standard rules for hour agreement.

Tanit wrote:
For instance if AC in Libra and Saturn is hour's ruler (in night chart Mercury is triplicity ruler)?
Right, Saturn isn't lord of the ASC, Saturn doesn't agree with the air triplicity at night (only in the day), Saturn's humoral nature only agrees with an earth sign rising.

You would look to Venus as the lord of the ASC and see if she is in the same triplicity as Saturn, the hour ruler. If she isn't, then it fails the standard rules for hour agreement.
So,those rules ignoring culmination in sign, while triplicity ruler practically equal to sign ruler.
Those rules of agreement are not directly related to planet's strength/relation to AC degree. And what are roots of that(I've read the article about hour agreement)?
Saturn in Libra in this case, even ruled by Venus (AS ruler) and still being left behind...

Yuriy, I am not familiar with the technique you are using. Is it a new technique or something that the ancients used? Maybe you can reference the article where you received this information.

Tanit wrote:Yuriy, I am not familiar with the technique you are using. Is it a new technique or something that the ancients used? Maybe you can reference the article where you received this information.
I meant that don't need to mention that Deborah Holding's article about hour agreement, I've read it already.
By the way, I've just reviewed another her article "The classical use of triplicity" and noticed that the day triplicity ruler for watery sign changed to Venus. I've heard it before at other traditional astroforums, but at this site for long time Mars was only ruler for both day and night charts.

By the way, I've just reviewed another her article "The classical use of triplicity" and noticed that the day triplicity ruler for watery sign changed to Venus. I've heard it before at other traditional astroforums, but at this site for long time Mars was only ruler for both day and night charts.
Using the Dorothean triplicity rulers is a bit controversial. Most horary astrologers probably don't. Lilly didn't, as far as I know.

Also, those who use Dorothean triplicities often use all three planets for both day and night, (from what I understand) right? Water: Venus, Mars and Moon day; Mars, Venus, Moon night, etc. They are especially significant for looking at time in a natal chart, where they are broken up into three time figures, such as youth, middle age and elderly age. For example, if you have a Cancer ASC like I do, Venus might rule your triplicity years in youth (still Moon governs above that), Mars your middle years, and Moon your latter years for the 1st house. I am not sure how relevant these are in horary, though... Maybe others who use the Dorothean triplicities can elaborate on how they use them in horary, such as in hour agreement rules.

I still don't understand your use of "culmination in a sign." Please do elaborate so I can understand better, thanks!

Tanit wrote:
as in hour agreement rules.

I still don't understand your use of "culmination in a sign." Please do elaborate so I can understand better, thanks!
I'm using culmination meaning exaltation in sign sometimes . Actually culmination more exactly is being at MC degree.

Tanit wrote:I still don't understand your use of "culmination in a sign." Please do elaborate so I can understand better, thanks!
I think he means being 'raised up' in the sign. As in being exalted.

edit: sorry I just see yuriy posted since I posted this.

Tanit wrote: Using the Dorothean triplicity rulers is a bit controversial. Most horary astrologers probably don't. Lilly didn't, as far as I know.
No I think he used Ptolemy's (a modified version?) but I think Bonatti did use Dorothean triplicities from what I can make out.
Also, those who use Dorothean triplicities often use all three planets for both day and night, (from what I understand) right?
I think it's mostly the day triplicity by day, the night triplicity by night, with the third triplicity participating by day or night.