What will be the consequences if I publish the article?

What will be the consequences for me if I publish the article?

I am still a newbie in horary and astrology so my interpretation is all over the place, but in general I don't think it looks good for me.

Asc. is Virgo so Mercury is me. Mercury in 4th house of family and endings also in Sag. which is not good. Mercury is in the sign of its detriment and fall in Sag., so we have to look at the ruler of Sag. to see what is afflicting Mercury. That planet is Jupiter, ruler of my 9th house of laws.

The ninth house (publishing) in the horary chart with Jupiter in it concerns me. Law matters coming up?

Moon is in 10th house of public or going public?

There is nothing going on in the 7th or the 11th house. Can anyone tell me what this means? The article will have no relations or won't effect anyone? I was hoping for some allies.

I am wondering about Saturn in the 3rd ( I think it is a negative effect) and Mars in the first House.

Sorry for my bad interpretations.

The first thing I'd note is that the chart suggests it might be too early to say, given the short degree of the rising sign.

What is the article about? The third house would seem to be the place to look for written communication generally. Saturn is present there, but strong. Jupiter in the ninth is in opposition; if it's an academic paper of some sort this could be a bad sign as well. The Moon is not really helping either; but Mercury, ruler of the ascendant, mutually and beneficially aspects Saturn and Jupiter. Mercury and Jupiter are expected significators for written work and academic work. I'd also want to look at any planet that ties in with the house most closely related to the subject of the article.
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

Mars is in the 2nd, not the 1st in my opinion, and I always thought the 2nd was our allies? Anyway, the 2nd would be considered afflicted by Mars, as well as Mercury. Mercury is separating from a square to Mars while being in detriment. Is the article some sort of activist thing, where you are angry/fed up with something and are speaking up about it and trying to change it? Or some sort of ending or separation? Maybe a health issue or scientific issue, since Mars is in Virgo, or something related to that. Does it relate to families specifically (Mercury in the 4th)? One thing to note is that Mercury is between two malefics, or besieged, although Moon may aspect Mercury before it aspects Saturn (you'd have to check an ephemeris on that). My main worry about going public would be Algol on the MC and the Moon conjunct the South Node in the 10th house. This would seem damaging to your reputation. I don't think Jupiter would necessarily cause harm in legal matters.

I think that with Mercury-Saturn sextiles, you are honest, succinct, thorough, well informed and intelligent about how you see things, but, especially when Mercury is in detriment, how you see things may be at least slightly biased, overly skeptical or too black and white. It could be incorrect even, with Mercury square Mars (Mercury is also touching Neptune - it all together seems like some misinformation or slanting things is possible). Mercury in Sag is a visionary, but it can be preachy or dogmatic as well. Saturn opp Jupiter out of sign but within orb on the 3rd/9th axis seems rather difficult and might show a conflict between government and belief systems, or maybe outdated systems versus new ones, etc. It might also hinder it being published, or keeping it from becoming seen by many (such as putting a small snippet in the back of a magazine vs. the front page) for some reason.

It doesn't seem too early to say, since the ASC is over the 3 degree threshold. It makes sense that it is in the earlier degrees because it is not yet published.

I would say, first check your facts and don't count on your friends to be able to help.
Your indicator-mercury is in detriment(ruled by your opponents- Jupiter) and intercepted.
Lord of your wishes and friends -Moon is intercepted along with South node in the 10th.

PD

Consequences

We could approach your question in two ways I think -
1. You are asking about an improved reputation - or not - ie fame or infamy. The closest significator I could find for this quesited is Lilly?s ?infamy? where he notes Venus rules infamy (CA541) & the general significator for fame is said to be Jupiter. Mercury is sextile Venus, so some hint of loss of reputation but there is no reception by Venus. On the other hand, Jupiter receives you, Mercury, by Sign and Triplicity--which is positive for you - and Mercury applies to Jupiter by trine. Which is stronger here? Jupiter. Fame. A positive.
Moon, though, does not apply to Jupiter and does trine Venus.
OR ...
2. Ignoring 1), just ask What is going to happen to you? Will your situation improve or get worse? In this case, the answer is more simple - Mercury is nearing the end of its sign and when it changes, it will be in better condition by being in Capricorn than it was in Sag. A positive - for a time, but then Mercury will be combust in Aq - although this, too, will pass by middle Feb.

I would take 5 ruler to represent the article, because I take my lead from Frawley who reasons that whatever we create is ruled by the 5th. I find it works well. But we don?t really need to concern ourselves with the article here except to say that it is the only planet in the chart that is not peregrine and it is strongly dignified - albeit cadent. This supports the ?fame? outcome.

Moon applies by square (difficulties) to Mars (9 ruler publisher) after it trines Venus. Mars in your 2nd House could suggest some heated debate or argument with them over money matters.

Venus as infamy is not well placed in the 6th House but she does have some accidental dignity by being in Jupiter?s Term so she?s not all bad. She is also ruler of the 10th although whether or not 10 ruler needs to be considered here is also questionable. It could be argued to represent ?reputation? but I chose Jupiter instead - he is also 4 ruler (outcome).

I?m inclined to think that - without knowing what the article is about - it?s possible you will suffer some loss of reputation but it will not be too great or overwhelming. The Moon having separated form the South Node in an angle (but not in the Sign of the MC) is perhaps reflecting your worries about the matter.
MaggieB.

First of all, thanks to you all for answering my post.

@ SteveGus: The early degrees did concern be at beginning too. But either because the article hasn?t been published yet or because I still consider not to publish the article.

It?s not a academic paper. The article is about: revealing secrets, hidden business deals and humanitarian fraud of a famous person. So 12th house issues but the 12th hosue is surprisingly empty.

@Tanit. Your analysis astonished me. It is quite spot on, especially this part:
Is the article some sort of activist thing, where you are angry/fed up with something and are speaking up about it and trying to change it?
My main worry about going public would be Algol on the MC and the Moon conjunct the South Node in the 10th house. This would seem damaging to your reputation. I don't think Jupiter would necessarily cause harm in legal matters.
Since the person is well-known and liked a reputation damage is to be expected but are you sure about the legal matters?
(Mercury is also touching Neptune - it all together seems like some misinformation or slanting things is possible).
Could be seen as that but since I have not all the information I need it is hard to make a final conclusion.
Mercury in Sag is a visionary, but it can be preachy or dogmatic as well. Saturn opp Jupiter out of sign but within orb on the 3rd/9th axis seems rather difficult and might show a conflict between government and belief systems, or maybe outdated systems versus new ones, etc.
You are right about the Merc. in Sag. I do sound preachy and dogmatic but I hope in a good way. I also thought about the obvious Saturn opp. Jupiter as Government organization (United Nations) vs. my ideas.
It might also hinder it being published, or keeping it from becoming seen by many (such as putting a small snippet in the back of a magazine vs. the front page) for some reason.
That is pretty much my main concnern and one of the reasons why I wouldn?t publish the article. It would be very easy to silence me and I that would be it. That?s one of the main reasons why I asked about the consequences. Either it goes big or it doesn?t go at all. I have been in a similar situation last year and it didn?t work out for me.

@ pankajdubey: Never thought my friends would help me in that matter but I was hoping for allies.

@ Maggie: I would become infamous for sure.

veritas wrote:I am still a newbie in horary and astrology so my interpretation is all over the place, but in general I don't think it looks good for me.
Hello Veritas, welcome both to astrology and to the Skyscript forum.

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with your assessment that it doesn't look good for you. I see numerous warnings in the chart and nothing that would encourage me if I were in your shoes.

(I won't list them because I think what you yourself have seen in the chart and what everyone has already pointed to covers all the features.)

Best of luck with your research and writing no matter what you decide to do.

Regards

H.

@Maggie: 2 things in your text I found interesting.
Mercury is nearing the end of its sign and when it changes, it will be in better condition by being in Capricorn than it was in Sag. A positive - for a time, but then Mercury will be combust in Aq - although this, too, will pass by middle Feb.
This is what I found about combustion:
The significator of the Querent Combust, shews him or her in great fear, and over powered by some great person.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/special- ... ombust.php

It does fit my situation with the famous person.

Moon applies by square (difficulties) to Mars (9 ruler publisher) after it trines Venus. Mars in your 2nd House could suggest some heated debate or argument with them over money matters.
This outcome is one a fear the most. [/list]

@handn

Thanks for you answer. Maybe I should tell you that I fully expect a controversal outcome. What I fear is that I am getting silenced or that there will be financial consequences (= money loss). Both of these fears are well justified with a Saturn opp. Jupiter and a Mars in a 2nd house.

My reputation is not something I am worried about. [/list]

Hello

No problem.

I'd been writing a 2nd post about combustion but didn't get round to posting it, and now I realise it's because I needed to re-consider some things first. Anyway, that's done now.

This may sound like a thick question but I want to ask something to clarify it.......

Are you saying that you were already settled on going ahead with publication, but you decided to cast a horary chart to find out what the effects of publication would be, just so that you'd know in advance what to expect?

or is it more a case of...........

Are the effects of publication functioning as a guide to help you decide whether or not to go ahead with publishing, and so you cast a horary chart to find out what the effects would be and might still decide not to publish?

A third factor is........

Is the decision down to just you alone, i.e. if you decide to publish, do you need to try to find someone willing to do so, or will publication go ahead based solely on your decision?

Regards

H.

PS In my opinion this chart isn't really pointing to infamy, or having your writing quashed.

@handn

Actually, I didn't want to cast a horary chart about this. I've done it last year with another article and it messed with my head. I am getting too attached to this prediction stuff. But last time the publishing of my article backfired, so this time I am more cautious. I was also afraid that I won't like the result because there is much research work involved with this article.

I am still unsure of publishing my article.

Therefore my enthusiasm wasn't really high when I saw Mercury detr. Even worse, the fact that mercury is in the 4th house of endings could very much describe the ending of my writing.

I am in contact with other media people but, looking at the chart, I can't really see anything coming out of it with an empty 11th house.

Also why is Mars in the second house when it appears to be (at least for a newbie like me) in the first house? Mars in my financial 2nd house worries me. I think I already know where this blow will come from.

But I consider and appreciate every interpretation.
PS In my opinion this chart isn't really pointing to infamy, or having your writing quashed.
Hmm interesting. What is your idea?

Well I wouldn't say that the 4th house is "endings" and I don't really know why people use that small 4th house meaning in many charts where it is not relevant. I would say that most likely it is the hidden or occult aspect of your writing that Mercury is highlighting here. Added to that he is in detriment which can show the matter being of detriment to the querent or that they really don't want to take the action they are inquiring.

But my question would be what is it you are really worried about? Is it just the article not getting aired? Or a loss of money? Or something else? Why ask the question? Your significator is not really in a good place either as he is besieged by the malefics and being overcome by Mars. Using Al-Kindi's method of determining the querent's thoughts, the 8th house and Mars are prominent, are you afraid of physical repercussions or dangers?