Procyon Rising Lottery Project

Some of you may be interested in a collaborative lottery experiment I'm running, to see if astrology can assist in lottery forecasting.

http://www.procyonrising.webspace.virginmedia.com

From the latest report, below, you can see that astrology appears to double performance, and this result is approaching statistical significance.

==========================

Progress Report Dec - Jan

The lucky peaks subset continued their good performance in January. The PEAK numbers scored 194% of expectation, while the BEST numbers scored 96% and the group as a whole scored 98%.

Using numbers chosen by more than one contributor does not seem to be successful, but I will have a quantitative assessment of that in the next report. I will also have an initial assessment of the QS subset.

Over the first two months, the group as a whole stands at 93%, while the PEAK subset is at 181%, and this difference is now approaching statistical significance (p = 0.01).

At this early stage it seems that bringing a group of contributors together adds nothing to predictive ability, and neither does focusing on the best past performers, but that using astrology to select a subgroup of contributors can double the performance.

It will be interesting to see if this can be maintained, or even improved upon, as our membership increases.

We bought 135 tickets over two months, and won two Match-3 prizes, which is roughly where we should be. The kitty stands at ?10, divided over 26 shares (eps 38p).

Shane