Re: houses houses

trigon gentlemen wrote:Please help. Many are the books I have read. Many are the questions I have posed. No one can tell me why Placidus works better than whole house or visa versa. I await my colleagues thoughts.
Do you have a reason to believe otherwise? Use whatever works for you and that's that. Do you think someone will issue an official document which system is better? "Behold in yee parchment we pronounce the Koch House system to be superior amongst all others. Yee Old Astrologers' Society."

Hilarious username, btw. You have a sense of humor.

to pick my favorite is arbitrary and capricious. By way of example, placidus puts my sun, venus and mayhaps hermes in the 11th. But whole sign [hellenistic] puts me in a 'bad place'. Big difference to be treated cavelerely as one would a buffet dinner at Denny's.

Hey bud,

Believe it or not l can relate. In Placidus, l have Mercury, Venus and Mars in my 7th, Jupiter in 5th, and Saturn in 11th. In WHOLE SIGN those things get shifted, to the 8th, 6th, and 12th, respectively. LOL

I didn't know what to make of that either. I'm not crazy, hopeless, or sick. I brought this subject up with a friend of mine who gave an interesting outlook.

"Use whole signs to determine planetary strength, and a house system to determine the...meaning(?) of what it will do. Aside from that, use a house system."

In other words, whole signs won't tell what a planet will do -- they apparently tell how strong a planet is, but...house systems can also determine planetary strength but with the bonus of telling what they will do. I believe she also said that whole signs were used for different reasons but she didn't tell me much else.

SHE herself cast herself in whole and l think Regio(?) and Regio was far more accurate.

I know many will disagree with that idea. Oh well. I prefer it, as l am not a crazed hermit or anything else.

Moral of the story: USE A HOUSE SYSTEM, preferably Placidus. Great system. Personally though l hate the thought of having my planets in a weak position of strength, since in real life they are anything but, l'd rather have a positive outcome/situation with weak planets than have a bunch of strong planets with a weak outcome.

Dajorok wrote:"Use whole signs to determine planetary strength, and a house system to determine the...meaning(?) of what it will do. Aside from that, use a house system."
That's odd since it is the exact opposite of what most other people say. Whole-sign for topics, quadrants for accidental dignity.

Having "badly" positioned planets isn't all bad though, just look at Bruce Lee. Granted he died young but he was damn good at what he did and a very insightful man to boot.

To think you should have experienced those things as well sounds like an erroneous assumption to me. They, you, and everyone else, has different aspects, placements, afflictions, gifts, vital spots, etc. in their birthright. It doesn't all depend on simply one or two parts. EVERYTHING must be considered, because everything has importance.

Hi Dajorok
"Use whole signs to determine planetary strength, and a house system to determine the...meaning(?) of what it will do. Aside from that, use a house system."

In other words, whole signs won't tell what a planet will do -- they apparently tell how strong a planet is,
You got this upside down, cuspsystems will tell you what strength a planet has, whole sign house tells you in which topical place it resides.
Hermes