james_m wrote: hi ed,

we posted at about the same time and i wanted to say i found your comments really interesting.. i don't think you are saying this, but perhaps you could tell me if you are.. regarding the idea of associating manifestation with planets in right ascension as opposed to zodiac position, are you suggesting the zodiac positions are less likely to reveal events in a concrete manner? maybe that is not what you are saying, but it sounds like you might be. thanks!
My experience is that you need both a zodiacal and a mundane aspect, with the latter generally having tighter orb. Note that I'm not talking about positions in right ascension, but the third category Martin mentioned based on proportional motion along the semiarcs.
on 2nd thought ed, perhaps i could provide a feature of my own chart as an example. in zodiac positions my sun/moon is in a 135 aspect.. in right ascension it is in a 120 relationship.. how would you define this difference? i am presently trying to get my head around the differences..
Assuming the second is in the measure I just mentioned, you would have the tension of the zodiacal 135 finding frequent release due to the mundane trine. Possibly at inappropriate times or in inappropriate ways. Obviously the conditions of Sun and Moon need to be considered.

- Ed

Ed,

Did you get my recent update on PD's? I was working on them recently. I enabled the other option "Significator Aspects to Promissors" having finally linked the TPromissor object in reverse. I'm still working on a way to link independent latitude for zodiacal directions (at this point it uses no latitude or Bianchini for both, but not latitude of significator (only) or latitude of promissor (only). My time has been extremely limited.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

hi ed,

thanks for that! i was talking right ascension verses zodiac.. how to i get the proportional motion along the semi arcs? it sounds tricky and if it is too laborious to explain then don't, but thanks! perhaps solar fire 7.3.1 has an option that will provide this for me as well, but i am unaware of it presently..

james

zoidsoft wrote:Ed,

Did you get my recent update on PD's? I was working on them recently. I enabled the other option "Significator Aspects to Promissors" having finally linked the TPromissor object in reverse. I'm still working on a way to link independent latitude for zodiacal directions (at this point it uses no latitude or Bianchini for both, but not latitude of significator (only) or latitude of promissor (only). My time has been extremely limited.
Hi Curt,

No, I don't think I did. What was the date on it? (And how best to get it? You have my email).

- Ed

james_m wrote:hi ed,

thanks for that! i was talking right ascension verses zodiac.. how to i get the proportional motion along the semi arcs? it sounds tricky and if it is too laborious to explain then don't, but thanks! perhaps solar fire 7.3.1 has an option that will provide this for me as well, but i am unaware of it presently..

james
If you have a program that writes a speculum as part of its primary directions calculations, the speculum for mundane directions will likely give the OA/OD position of the bodies. You can used the differences in these values to indicate that Placidus style mundane aspects. Don't overlook reflections around the angles.

- Ed

james_m wrote:hi ed,

how to i get the proportional motion along the semi arcs? it sounds tricky and if it is too laborious to explain then don't, but thanks! perhaps solar fire 7.3.1 has an option that will provide this for me as well, but i am unaware of it presently..

james
Morinus speculum gives the hourly distance, ie the mundane position in the quadrant, so you can easily get it.

Moreover Robert will soon fix Morinus, so you can have directly a mundane chart without effort.

Obviously SF should do the same in the "mundoscope"- at least I believe.
margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Looking at chart examples of zodiacal vs mundane aspects Prince Charles is interesting: 14th November, 1948, 21:14 GMT, London, England, United Kingdom.

Mars (MC ruler), and Saturn (7th house ruler) form no zodiacal aspect in his natal chart. However, they form a tight in mundo square! As Charles was the heir to the throne of the British monarchy his marriage to Lady Diana Spencer was a very public matter and their acrimonious separation and divorce was international news. The whole affair did much to dramatically diminish the public reputation of Charles as his long term relationship with Camilla Parker-Bowles became exposed.

Natal Chart

In Mundo Aspects
Last edited by Mark on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

james_m wrote:thanks ed. i will look into this more.. i have solar fire 7.3 version.. i also have the morinus prog, but don't know everything i can get from both of these.
I just remembered. astro.com gives this info in a table at the bottom left of their "Astrodienst Fixed Star" style chart (which is a great learning tool in itself). Available in their free charts section under "extended chart selection".

- Ed

thanks margherita and ed,

margherita - i look forward to roberts fix so that i can see that.

ed- i went and played around with astro.com free chart with the directions you gave.. i can see a lot of star paran data, but was unable to pull up a chart in right ascension via their site.. thanks regardless as it was rewarding.

Here is an interesting example John Worsdale gives in his book Celestial Philosophy.
A natal chart of a boy who died violently in his second year of life (was kicked by a Horse in his forehead). John Worsdale claims that he predicted the death, that is, the probable death and worn the parents 10 days prior, to keep the child in safe. But nothing can escape the "unchangeable decree of the omnipotent creator" as Worsdale stated, so he gives the "Astral causes" for the violent death:
Ascendant is afflicted by the body of Saturn, and square of the Moon, and [square of] Mars in mundo.
As you can see in the natal chart, Mars is way too off to consider it as an zodiacal aspect, that is, his orbs are way off from the Ascendant and Saturn (if we neglect aspects by whole signs). But as we can see in the second chart, Mars is closely aspecting the ascendant and Saturn in Mundo!

I will not expose the whole delineation Worsdale give, but will point out only the Mundane aspects he uses. So I skip sections of his Delienation.

Then he noticed that Moon would apply to a square of Saturn in Mundo by direct motion.

Worsdale also notice that among all the evil configurations, benefics could not assist because Jupiter is in the Heart of the Scorpion and afflicted by the square of Saturn, while Venus is hurt by the opposition of Saturn and square of Mars in Mundo!

So, we can see again here that Mars doesn't touch by his rays nor Saturn nor Venus, but he makes with both Mundane Square.

Later on Worsdale analysis the Solar Revolution for the year and the transits on the day of death. Quite an interesting book to read, full with examples and real treasure for the practitioner astrologers.