Konrad wrote:
Didn't you say that if a significator has not-reception with the sect light, then that is bad for that significator? The Sun is in the Moon's detriment. Plus the Sun is in not-reception with his dispositor while Saturn rules the Sun.

So your hierarchy is Asc => Sect light => Hour Lord => Lot of Fortune?
As regards the hierarchy I first consider whether the sig has any dignity on ASC, then comes the sect light, lord of hour, POF and its dispositor, other testimonies. However, any of them may be overruled by a strong angular sig. That's right that the Sun's position with respect to the sect light and his dispositor is not very promising, therefore I would expect Southport to score which was not the case.

All this testimonies should be viewed in the light whether the chart is radical or not (agreement between ASC, its lord and lord of hour), this also may affect the result.

I wrote:
May be Cambridge played in their home kit (blue), I was unable to find any videos or photos. Then the clue is the sect luminary in detriment of Jupiter, Gemini.
I meant Southport whose home kit is blue, sorry for confusion. If it was the case, the clue is the sect luminary in detriment of Jupiter, Gemini.

FA Cup dominates today;

Just looking at the general significations for the 15.00hrs games, I see 4 degrees Cancer rising in London. The Moon L1 applies by trine to Saturn L7. Saturn is exalted and still in reception with Venus. Games appear to be played in the hour of Mars, so the chart is radical, although by triplicity.

I've put a few penny on a few games, picking a few favourites at large;
Barnsley - Swansea, I think Swansea at the price of 2,35:1
Milton Keynes - QPR, another away win at the price of 2,6:1
Gillingham - Stoke City, Stoke at a price of 1,6:1
Middlesbrough - Shrewsbury, Middlesbrough at 1,45:1 seems a fair price

Tottenham - Cheltenham: 1,18:1 for Spurs
Everton - Tamworth: 1,10:1 for the home win

Just for the fun of it!
http://www.astronor.com

Everton - Tamworth 2-0
Middlesbrough - Shrewsbury 1-0
Milton Keynes - QPR 1-1
Tottenham - Cheltenham 3-0
Gillingham - Stoke 1-3
Barnsley - Swansea 2-4

I know the astrological could have been more specific, but I am also willing to keep an eye open for generalities. Here QPR left me one goal short of a six-game combination. :-cry

I will say it was a fair bet all the same.
http://www.astronor.com

An eventful and exciting match yesterday between favourites (for once) Man City and Man Utd. Looking at the chart beforehand I had a strong hunch that things may go for the Reds this time but as a longtime United fan - born a mere stones throw from the Old Trafford - I didn't entirely trust that my judgement would remain detached, especially as we've been through dire straits of late.

Interestingly all 3 methods would take L1 as Man City..home, favourites, and blue, which helps as I'm still undecided on what system to use :? Something about L1 Mercury partile sq to UR suggested an upset was on the cards, Uranus having just entered the excitable 2nd degree Aries. Sure enough after a goal for the out of favour Rooney against the run of play followed by a ridiculous sending off for a perfectly fair tackle from Kompany the Reds managed to scrape to an extremely fortunate victory 3-2. :D

What do you think?
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

This is a straightforward chart according to what I have said.

First, look whether the fave's sig agreeably to colours has any dignity on ASC (nothing less than triplicity should be considered). MC plays in light blue - so get Venus as sig. Jupiter's team would wear a deeper blue kit.
Venus has no dignity on ASC, and she herself is inconjunct ASC. This testimony alone is a bad news for the light blues.

Second, look at the sect luminary what kind of reception he has with the sigs. The Sun is in Capricorn, exaltation of Mars (MU (red kit) sig) who is himself placed in Virgo, fall of Venus. Venus has only triplicity in Capricorn which is an inferior dignity than exaltation. Venus is placed in Aquarius, in detriment of the sect luminary.

This hierachy of testimonies seem to work on a higher level of football. However, it may we overruled by some more powerful testimony, for instance angularity of the sig, or its partile opposition to POF if it is also the dispositor of POF, and others.

Janis, your colour method is interesting and I want to investigate it further, but I have problems deciding the significator with some team's colours. Could you help please? I think I understand the general ideas but some club's kits are not clear. In particular, in the English Premier League:

Aston Villa home kit is maroon (or claret?) and light blue. Does this count as mixed colours and so is Mercury?

Blackburn home kit is half white and half mid-blue. Jupiter or not?

Similarly, the Bolton home kit is mainly white with some darker blue. There is also a very prominent orange logo. I'm confused!

Fulham home kit is white with a small amount of black along with a prominent red logo. Moon, Saturn or what?

QPR home kit is blue and white, but is the blue Jupiter or light enough for Venus?

The Stoke away kit is blue and black. Jupiter or Saturn?

West Brom home kit is dark blue and white. I suspect Jupiter but not sure.

Finally, the Wigan home kit blue, how light does it have to be to be Venus rather than Jupiter. I suspect this is still Jupiter - Correct?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Graham

I must confess assigning sigs is a problem for me as well.

Well, for Aston Villa I use Jupiter (maroon, claret - clergymen gown)

For Blackburn not sure, I am inclined to think it's Jupiter

Bolton looks like Saturn (pretty ascetic), needs more research

Fulham is definitely Saturn (works well)

QPR - Mercury (white/with blue stripes), needs more research

WBA - looks like Saturn (pretty ascetic), needs more research

Stoke's away is Saturn (pretty dark)

Wigan- Jupiter. Venusian blue is light blue, like Manchester City's or Napoli's home kit.

Regards
Janis

Hi Janis ,
I am interested by your method of assigning sig by colors!
I had also tried this approach long back , but the prospect of right colors was killing me!
I now , tried your same method , but predicting First Half instead of full game , and have been pretty comfortable..

Here is a take on the Ath Bilbao vs Levante game. Jan 15th 2012 at Bilbao

Ath Bilabao wore Sunderland like jersey and Levante played their kit their red/ blue stripes kit..

The chart showed significant power for Jupiter , but placing the dark blue on Jupiter( angular house and looads of dingities!) they should have won , and I also dont know which color to place for Bilbao..

I have confusion placing the following colors, shed some light on that please.

Deep Blue (Chelsea) , Jupiter for sure?
Mixed darks( AC MILAN , Barca , etc)
Mixed darks ( INTER MILAN)
Pure white( Real Madrid)
Green kits ( Celtic , Real Betis)

I found in a couple of games , Barca resounded to Mars , for instance yesterdays game , against Betis.
question : If it is a dark red , where would you rather place , saturn or Mars?

Thanks