We seem to be thinking that the usual L1/L7 way of looking at sports charts, and the colour method are an either/or choice. I wonder if we could think of colour as an additional testimony.

Janis has a particular way of using the kit colours to give two significators, and then has a method of evaluating them. I have been speculating about how methods most of us are more used to could be used.

Suppose we stay with L1 and L7 (and radicallity, reception, and all the usual techniques), but also look at the state (essential and accidental dignity, aspects, disposition, etc.) of the colour significators for the two teams; this then gives us another insight, another testimony, which may or may not agree with the usual analysis.

But I want to make a simplification. Perhaps the colour of the kit worn in a particular match is not what matters. The home kit colour is the colour the team is associated with. It is often the colour of the seating in the stadium. It is the colour we immediately associate with that team.

So, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, for example are Red. It does not matter that they are wearing their away kit, they are still red teams. The supporters will be wearing red, in everyone's mind they will be red.

Similarly, Chelsea, Everton are Blue. It does not matter what they wear, they are blue in the public's mind.

Now, sometimes a red team plays a red team, and so they are both signified by Mars. In that case we rely on L1/L7 reasoning. It does not matter. The colour is just another testimony, not the only testimony.

At the moment I have only just started looking into this in detail, but thought it worth sharing the thought at this stage. So, go on, shoot me down :)

Graham

It's good you are asking these questions. There has to be a key somewhere. The starting point of the astrologer is that 'time is everything'. If this were true there would be no point in training or putting together a good team, it would simply be the matter of 'when' to launch your attack. So as astrologers we may moderate our approach from 'that time is everything' to a clausal that says that when all other things are equal 'time does play a part'.

I do think we are suggesting that 'time' does reveal something about the contest or the balance or the contest. Time does reveal something about the design of affairs. There could still be different ways to look at the events of a football match. If the home team scores a goal in the first half and then the visiting team manages to equalize in the second half, then in fact both goals have occurred on the same half of the pitch. Then sometimes a player with score a hat-trick and most of the events seem to gather around that one person alone.

Basically, a football game as a matching of two teams, two collective units. The purpose of the game is to conquer the opponent on the bridge and either defend or beseige the ground/home castle. But a series does not consist of one game alone either and league tactics (or developments) may also have influence on how a series of battles are fought.

What is football all about? There is hardly a local boy in the first 11 of any upper league team nowadays anyhow. So when I say Arsenal, is there reference to Africa in view of the great players that originate from that continent?
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

So, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, for example are Red. It does not matter that they are wearing their away kit, they are still red teams. The supporters will be wearing red, in everyone's mind they will be red.

Similarly, Chelsea, Everton are Blue. It does not matter what they wear, they are blue in the public's mind.

Now, sometimes a red team plays a red team, and so they are both signified by Mars. In that case we rely on L1/L7 reasoning. It does not matter. The colour is just another testimony, not the only testimony.
In fact it is what I have started to do. With respect to other teams it is not so simple, for if their home kit were a mixture of light colours - Mercury who by definition is changeable and takes on the properties of the sign in which it is in, of the planet with whom it is in aspect, etc.

Although the colour method seems to be in general correct, I would like to have better results. It's very hard to decide which testimony shall prevail if there are conflicting ones. There is always a high risk to back the wrong horse.

My suggestion is to monitor all Premier League teams over a period of time, in particular those as to signification of which we do not have doubt (Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle). I am sure we will find the method how to puzzle it out.

FA Cup

Arsenal - Villa, 16.00 GMT
Asc 2LE31 MC 8AR55 Moon 22AR51 POF 16LI13
Day Sun, Hour Saturn - Sun disposed by Saturn, Saturn holds two lesser dignities on the ascendant, not radical but interesting

Mercury sits on the descendant and opposes the ascendant, but even more tightly Jupiter (Villa?) aspects the ascendant p? square. It is an opening of gates. The Sun, L1, is in an angular house and aspects the MC by sextile. From the aspect of the Sun I expect Arsenal to prevail and due to the opposition of Mercury I believe they should manage at least to goals. But Villa are a good cup team, and Jupiter (which I believe is one of there natural significators) is in the game. Arsenal could win 2-0, but 2-1 or 3-2 might be a better guess. I hope for an exciting game and 3-2 sounds like fun! :)

I am posting the chart for the Arsenal - Aston Villa game, mainly because I haven't often succeeded in getting the scoreline right. Maybe it was just luck or coincidence, but the chart can be examined bearing in mind the positions of Mercury and Jupiter, which indicate an 'opening of gates' and may be a clue to the number of goals.
All goals were scored on the same side of the pitch; Villa scoring two in the first half, then in the 2nd half Arsenal scored 3 goals in the matter of 7 minutes. The 1st and 3rd goal of Arsenal were penalties. The Sun, L1, is detrimented in the 7th.

Argh! Mercury is 3 degrees Aquarius, but Jupiter 2 degrees in Taurus.
What a stupid coincidence! :-sk :,

Andrew, I'm not following this! Could you please explain the astrology of 'opening the gates'. This is not an astrological topic I know about.

Thanks,

Graham

What a pity that there are all these games being played at 19.45 GMT this evening. That makes any judgement messy. I wanted to check out the Premier League game between Wolves and Liverpool. I will include my comments on the chart, although they may have limited value.

Wolverhampton - Liverpool, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 4,75 3,70 1,75
Asc 12VI20 MC 6GE25 Moon 18TA21 POF 19SG21 Spirit 5GE19
Day Mars, hour Mars - not radical.

The lack of radicailty could move the result away from the favourite, but Mars, LHr, is in the 1st of the home team. Mercury, L1, at 6AQ45 is trine the MC. The Part of Spirit is 5GE19 and also close the MC. This could favour the hero's or maybe the underdogs (or an act of heroism). The Moon opposes 19 Scorpio, so there could be sticks in the wheel or an unexpected play of fate.

I would be interesting to see this may sense and there are other games about where maybe POS (Part of Spirit) is closer the MC. Wolves can be quite agressive and will be out the show their best at home. 1-0 is priced at 12,5:1. The scoreline 2-0 is priced at 24:1 and 2-1. But does it make sense? :???: