daz madrigal wrote:
Besides, the method is so wonderfully simple there is no need for any kind of developments. Locate the LHr and boom! you have the winner. 5 seconds with a proper software.

Well, 10 seconds if you need to think about the color a planet stands for.
Yes go ahead and use it before tonights match...if its successful then we'll carry on with the method and see where it takes us.
I should be less sarcastic and this is one of the reasons. My bad.

Seiko wrote:Besides, that is not the real question. People don't really care who's gonna win -- Jyvaskyla FC or Nordkopping FF. The question is about money. People should focus on that.
I wouldn't dream of speaking for other people's true desires and wants, so I'll leave that one with you. As for the charts, I'll follow the Arabs for a while since they seem to be bang on with so much of the other forms of astrology. I'll either get it or I won't, ultimately it isn't too important.

Konrad wrote:
Seiko wrote:Besides, that is not the real question. People don't really care who's gonna win -- Jyvaskyla FC or Nordkopping FF. The question is about money. People should focus on that.
I wouldn't dream of speaking for other people's true desires and wants, so I'll leave that one with you. As for the charts, I'll follow the Arabs for a while since they seem to be bang on with so much of the other forms of astrology. I'll either get it or I won't, ultimately it isn't too important.
Oh, come on. Someone wants to put in effort to develop a method for predicting the winner just for kicks. Yeah, right. People've got nothing else to do. "Look, everybody, I can predict the winner in every single race. See, astrology works! No, I'm not gonna use this opportunity to become rich, how dare you! I just love to watch the races!"

Unless your home town team is playing in Finals, who ACTUALLY cares if QPR are going to beat Blackburn?

Seiko wrote:
Konrad wrote:
Oh, come on. Someone wants to put in effort to develop a method for predicting the winner just for kicks. Yeah, right. People've got nothing else to do. "Look, everybody, I can predict the winner in every single race. See, astrology works! No, I'm not gonna use this opportunity to become rich, how dare you! I just love to watch the races!"

Unless your home town team is playing in Finals, who ACTUALLY cares if QPR are going to beat Blackburn?
The thirst for knowledge, my friend, and the opportunity to be the first to do something but hey, I've wasted enough pages of this thread adding nothing to the actual predictions, so some other time.

Konrad wrote: The thirst for knowledge, my friend, and the opportunity to be the first to do something but hey, I've wasted enough pages of this thread adding nothing to the actual predictions, so some other time.
Developing a method for finding missing people or objects would also correspond to those goals.

In three of the 15:00 matches today:

Aston V - Swansea
Blackburn - Stoke
QPR - Norwich

The underdog won, as Sun conjunct Pluto in the 7th would suggest (see earlier post).

The final 15:00 match Wolves - Chelsea was won by the favourite Chelsea, but only 1-2. This might be a case for colours, Wolves in orange = Sun destroyed by being conjunct Pluto.

Graham

GB wrote:In three of the 15:00 matches today:

Aston V - Swansea
Blackburn - Stoke
QPR - Norwich

The underdog won, as Sun conjunct Pluto in the 7th would suggest (see earlier post).

The final 15:00 match Wolves - Chelsea was won by the favourite Chelsea, but only 1-2. This might be a case for colours, Wolves in orange = Sun destroyed by being conjunct Pluto.

Graham
I noticed this but then both Celtic and Rangers won quite convincingly in Scotland and wouldn't the Sun destroy Norwich too?

Here's what I do, more or less successfully. First of all, I like sports, believe or not, I follow two professional leagues, both American. Well, not religiously 24/7, but I know very darn well what's going on. Then there are a few teams from Latvia that are of casual interest to me even though I don't follow them closely.

Anyway, I'm using the Will I profit? approach if the knowledge of the sports tells me who is supposed to win. It has to be more or less organic, not a coin-in-the-slot approach (is it this one? or this one?) or just wild picks if I'm not familiar with the teams. I'm not trying to chase the spectular hits but I'm not interested in 1.05 type of odds either. A lot of times it is an underdog+handicap (i.e., even if the underdog loses but loses with fewer points than X, the wager still wins) if I feel that the team has been underestimated a little bit or the fave will struggle with their opponent. Sometimes it's an over/under the points total bet if, for example, two low-scoring teams are playing each other. Well, the usual stuff. Not a big soccer fan (except Euros or the World Cup) but a Double Chance or Under the total wager here and there doesn't hurt if you feel that it won't be to easy for the fave.

So here's me and here's the bookie's money. I don't have to guess which team is which or pick a team or a horse out of a whole bunch of teams/horses. I'm not rich (yet :D ) but it has served me better than anything else, well, probably because it is more organic. Look, I root for two teams (and, of course, Team Latvia in all kinds of sports I'm familiar with) but even if I'm a fan, I'm not really interested whether the team will win a regular season game (esp. if there are 82 games in a season) unless they're playing some spectacular team or fierce rivals.

Well, that's that.

Konrad wrote:I noticed this but then both Celtic and Rangers won quite convincingly in Scotland and wouldn't the Sun destroy Norwich too?
Good point :???:

Back to the drawing board! Unless anyone else has an idea about the four matches at 15:00?

It's possible that Chelsea was such a strong favourite that Sun conjunct Pluto in the 7th was not strong enough to help the underdog win, but then I might have expected a draw ...

On a more general point, I think it's very useful to try to explain the results after the event, to help develop our ideas and methods. Some people tend to avoid the matches that all start at the same time, but I like them. You can get some of them with different rising signs than others (as at 1500 today) because of the different locations. In some the favourite is the home team, in others it's the away team - possible help in deciding if the Ascendant is the home or fav. Sometimes an angular planet is on different sides of the angle. Small differences such as these could help us decide what's important.

Graham

As for the event charts, what works for me, more or less, are L1/L10 and L7/L4 (and their antiscions) and the Moon on/in the cardinal cusps. Well, the ASC representing the favorite.

But as you can imagine, it is a specific testimony and does not happen very often. But since there are many games close together, there has to be this sort of precision astrology -- otherwise all the favorites or all the teams wearing dark kits would win based on the Moon's aspects. For example, in professional hockey all visitors are wearing white kits so you have a problem (or a solution?) right there.

GB wrote:
Konrad wrote:I noticed this but then both Celtic and Rangers won quite convincingly in Scotland and wouldn't the Sun destroy Norwich too?
Good point :???:

Back to the drawing board! Unless anyone else has an idea about the four matches at 15:00?

It's possible that Chelsea was such a strong favourite that Sun conjunct Pluto in the 7th was not strong enough to help the underdog win, but then I might have expected a draw ...

On a more general point, I think it's very useful to try to explain the results after the event, to help develop our ideas and methods. Some people tend to avoid the matches that all start at the same time, but I like them. You can get some of them with different rising signs than others (as at 1500 today) because of the different locations. In some the favourite is the home team, in others it's the away team - possible help in deciding if the Ascendant is the home or fav. Sometimes an angular planet is on different sides of the angle. Small differences such as these could help us decide what's important.

Graham
I agree, Graham. For me, the matches all starting at the same time are the ones which are going to lead you towards the reasons why the games finished with different results (if there is a way of doing it with event charts, of course) rather than just getting lucky with stand-alone games.

Although I'd prefer not making public predictions right now while I am testing some ideas (based mainly on how planets receive the luminaries, in particular that one of time), there are some thoughts on the games at 15:00.

As I said, first, consider whether the sig assigned agreeably to colours (black for Saturn, blue for Jupiter, red for Mars, orange or yellow for Sun, light blue or pink Venus, combination of light colours for Mercury, white for Moon) has any dignity on ASC (nothing less than triplicity), fall or detriment is very harmful; this mainly relates to the home favourites or if the odds are equal.

Second, in a day chart look at the position of the Sun - how the sigs receive the Sun. If the sig is 1) in the Sun's detriment or fall or 2) vice versa the Sun is in the sig's detriment or fall, or 3) the sig is in its own detreminet or fall or 4) inconjunct, this is a strong testimony for the underdog. In a night chart do the same respecting the Moon.

If both luminaries are ruled by the same planet that planet is the winner (a very safe testimony). Perhaps there could be exceptions, but in those charts which I have none moved the result away.

Third, look which planet is in an angle. If there is one that one is the winner, unless it is the fave and that planet has no dignities on ASC (then draw could be expected).

Forth, see in which sign is the lord of hour and do the same as with respect to the Sun in a day chart and the Moon in a night chart.

Fifth, Moon's aspects to planets, thier antiscas and POF and its antisca. If one plays in white then the Moon's aspects will indicate the fate of that team (good or bad) depending on which planets she is joined. If the Moon aspects the sig, it is a good testimony for that team unless there is a negative reception (by fall or detriment) or the sig is impeded so that it cannot receive the Moon's disposition. Moon's conjunction (unless in Moon's detriment or fall) or trine is good, sextile unreliable, square and opposition is bad. If one plays in white, then it relates to the team playing in white but not whom considered the fave.

Six, the "well - being" of POF and its antisca if not conjunct oppose or square malefics (allow for an orb of not more than 2 degrees): Saturn, Mars or any other debilitated planet, Transaturnian planets or evil fixed stars (Algol for example). See the condition of its dispositor and its aspects to POF - partile or nearly partile opposition or square and inconjunction (whole sign aspects) is bad.

As regards Aston Villa - Swansea. Aston Villa plays in claret - Jupiter.
The game started with Gemini rising. Jupiter is detriment here and himself placed in the 12 th from Gemini. The Sun the lord of time is in Capricorn so was received by the former from his fall. This perfectly matches with what I said regarding the reception of the Sun in a day chart.

QPR - Norwich - won on account of the angular Mercury (the "Canaries" - yellow and green).

Blackburn - Stoke. Stoke was the bookie's fave though it won not because of being a marginal fave but that its sig - Mars (red) received the Sun from exaltation and the Moon from house. As it is a day chart the reception of the Sun should be paid attention to in making a prediction. If it were a night chart, it would have given nothing but zero points in the league table. Although the Mars is the dispositor of the Moon it is inconjunct here, so unable to receive the Moon (we can expect only the team to score but definitely not to win, of course, if there is no huge difference in actual strength, then we need something more conviencing for the underdog).

Wolves - Chelsea, here the odds for the underdog were longer than in others. Chelsea (Jupiter - blue) did not play at home, if their were then backing Wolves at long odds would have been a good choice. See the game at 15:00, December 31 with Aston Villa (Gemini rising and the Sun, the ruler of time, in Capricorn).