Football January 2012

First to kick off 2012:

West Bromwich - Everton, 12.30 GMT
Odds: 2,70 3,30 2,60
Asc 7TA25 MC 14CP49 Moon 13AR20 POF 10LE14
Day Sun Hour Mars - not radical

Everton haven't quite seemed on form of late, while West Brom have shown some fair results, their recent 2-3 awaywin over Newcastle in mind. Bookmakers still hold Everton as favourites. Combust Pluto is trine the ascendant through signs of short ascensions. The aspect convertion her may not be essential. It could be more the combust Pluto who is the underdog. Pluto sounds more like a natural significator for WestBrom rather than Everton. Although Pluto does have testimony on the descendant, I would have prefered if it were an inner planet and traditional rulership. The Moon applies to Venus, who is lady of the first, so I will cheer for West Brom this afternoon.

Sunderland - Manchester City, 15.00 GMT
Odds: 6,50 4,00 1,55
Asc 2CN09 MC 21AQ55 Moon 14AR34 POF 6LI07
Day Sun Hour Moon/Saturn

I am expecting that Sunderland will get slaughtered by ManC, but the Moon, Lady of the Asc, is in an immediate sextile to Venus - and the hour is on the change so the Guards may get caught on the bridge. Is there anthing in this chart suggesting a draw? I suppose that would be too much to expect. :???:

Comment: ManU-Blackburn 2-3 yesterday at 20,55:1 in odds and Chelsea-Villa 1-3 at 11,71:1 in odds in the last day of 2011 is rather impressive. It is not often a double attracts a price of 240:1.
http://www.astronor.com

WestBrom - Everton 0-1 ! :(
I guess Moon sextile cadent Venus wasn't enough for the home team. Besides, Venus rules the opposite sign of the Moon, so probably this was good for the guests. Maybe Pluto did take priority as lord of 7th.

Sunderland - ManC 1-0 !! :o
The goal came in overtime. A wonder to behold! Sunderland Dong-Won Ji appeared to be off-side but the goal was allowed. At least this one demonstrates the astrology that said Sunderland could not be written off!

Imagine this game in combination with the two games from yesterday. That would be a tripple worth 1560:1!! Is this an effect of Sun conjunct Pluto and advantage to the underdogs? We have noticed the Sun in aspect with outer planets to set the scene for spectacular happenings previously.

Andrew Bevan wrote:Is this an effect of Sun conjunct Pluto and advantage to the underdogs? We have noticed the Sun in aspect with outer planets to set the scene for spectacular happenings previously.
I have looked back at my records for the last few years and Sun-Pluto conjunctions in H7 do seem to favour the underdogs.

Actually, because Pluto moves so slowly, all these conjunctions have been about this time of year: mid to end of December, and this year early January. Because the Sun will be in H7 for 15:00 matches in December, most of the conjunctions have been in H7.

The Sun is moving away from Pluto and so Monday 2 Jan is the last chance to observe this effect this year. There are four Premier League matches at 15:00 and we must expect some more underdog wins or draws. I will try to look at the charts in more detail later this evening. I like the sound of Andrew's 1560 to 1 odds :D In fact the underdogs are not quite such outsiders on Monday :( but if all four were underdog wins the accumulator would be about 150 to 1 which has got to be worth a punt!

In my opinion, the key is not Pluto's - Sun's conjunction but the correct understanding of seven traditional planets interplay, I mean how they receive (in traditional meaning) each other.

Some considerations:

1) Look whether the colors of the favorite's kit agrees with the ascending sign, red teams are used to playing below the par when, for instance, Taurus or Libra is rising (Mars is detriment here) and, in addition, himself placed in Virgo, fall of Venus;
2) Look whether there are some negative receptions among the lord of ascending sign, the lord of hour, the planet who agrees with the colors of the kit (Saturn for black, Jupiter - blue, Mars - red, Sun - yellow, Venus - light blue, Mercury - combination of light colors (for instance white with blue stripes - Mercury in Sagittarius), Moon - white) and the ruler of time (Sun by day and Moon by night); the more you find, the more convinced you can be that the result would be moved away from the fave);
3) Look in which sign is the Sun by day and Moon by night (if both luminaries are disposed by the same planet or one is in house and other in exaltation of the same planet, the team whose colors agree with the planet will win (however, if the Moon is out of sect and cadent, she will corrupt); it is good to dispose the relevant luminary by house or exaltation (disposition by triplicity usually means draw), if the relevant planet who disposes the luminary is inconjunct, or in its own detriment or fall or in the detriment or fall of the relevant luminary, it is a strong testimony against the relevant team unless the planet is conjunct angle (much to my surprise, it seems to be working for home underdogs and away favorites but tends to corrupt home favorites);
4) See if there is an angular planet agreeing to the colors of the kit. If there is one and it agrees with the colors of the kit, that team usually wins.

Then go all other testimonies which are usually discussed here - the Moon's aspects (if one play's in white then the Moon's aspects portend good or evil for that team), POF combust, conjunct malefics unless the sig (Transaturnian planets are considered as malefics) or SN, POF conjunct Algol, oppose or square (inconjunct) its dispositor and so on.

GB wrote:I like the sound of Andrew's 1560 to 1 odds In fact the underdogs are not quite such outsiders on Monday but if all four were underdog wins the accumulator would be about 150 to 1 which has got to be worth a punt!
I would be scared stiff of only getting 2 out of 3 right. Imagine having got both Blackburn and Villa in the bag and waiting for the 3rd game, then Sunderland score and decide the matter in the 3rd minute of overtime in the final game! Potentially an offside! Then there are several ways of building a reasonable betting strategy of doubles and triplets. With underdogs like this there would a wonderful return on a double alone!

Okay guys, don't be shy, get stuck in! :D

I'm not sure we are going to get anywhere if we can't decide on the basic principle of which system to use..favourites/home team or colour scheme? This seems to be an enduring debate that refuses to get anywhere near a resolution.

L1 Moon is strongly placed and applying to JU. Our familiar friend Saturn remains exalted and in mutual reception to VE so could be said to be stronger - however this time it doesnt hit the angle so its position in 4th hinders it. Instead we've got UR conj MC. :? Also the chart isn't radical.

Ordinarily I'd go for L1 Arsenal using the favourites system but L7 applys sq ASC so that could give Fulham at good chance of drawing the game. As its a busy chart...2-2.

unfortunately I'm not sure what system is effective - if any!
Last edited by daz madrigal on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

I just recently got a copy of The Book of the Nine Judges as translated by Benjamin Dykes and with interest I looked at the section on how the Arab/Persian astrologers predicted the winners of horse races albeit within the context of a horary question.

When the person asking the question had a horse in the race, you would look to the hour ruler and their position in the chart. In the 1st place, then the horse would win, in the 10th or 11th place, then in the top couple of positions, in the 7th in the middle of the pack and in the 4th place then in the last positions.

If the querent did not have a horse, then one would look to any planets in the 1st place followed by the 10th and 11th places to see if any planet was traversing those signs. If there was, then this planet would signify the winner. You would then look to the planet to describe the horse much like Janis does with the football teams. The planet itself would show the colour of the horse while its dignity, or lack of, would show the breeding of the horse with the stronger dignities representing the greater renown of the winner.

It is not something I have tried to adapt to football matches yet but I will do so in future.

Konrad wrote:I just recently got a copy of The Book of the Nine Judges as translated by Benjamin Dykes and with interest I looked at the section on how the Arab/Persian astrologers predicted the winners of horse races albeit within the context of a horary question.

When the person asking the question had a horse in the race, you would look to the hour ruler and their position in the chart. In the 1st place, then the horse would win, in the 10th or 11th place, then in the top couple of positions, in the 7th in the middle of the pack and in the 4th place then in the last positions.

If the querent did not have a horse, then one would look to any planets in the 1st place followed by the 10th and 11th places to see if any planet was traversing those signs. If there was, then this planet would signify the winner. You would then look to the planet to describe the horse much like Janis does with the football teams. The planet itself would show the colour of the horse while its dignity, or lack of, would show the breeding of the horse with the stronger dignities representing the greater renown of the winner.

It is not something I have tried to adapt to football matches yet but I will do so in future.
Frawley discusses these methods in his "Sports Astrology". First of all, he says, the horses do not come in many colors. And as for the Lord of the Hour, the Master Astrologer's apprentice (a character in the book) is asking a legit question:

"'I don't understand, Master. Why should we abandon all our usual horary principles for these particular enquiries? We don't judge any other questions solely from the Lord of the Hour.'"

Seiko wrote:
Konrad wrote:I just recently got a copy of The Book of the Nine Judges as translated by Benjamin Dykes and with interest I looked at the section on how the Arab/Persian astrologers predicted the winners of horse races albeit within the context of a horary question.

Frawley discusses these methods in his "Sports Astrology". First of all, he says, the horses do not come in many colors. And as for the Lord of the Hour, the Master Astrologer's apprentice (a character in the book) is asking a legit question:

"'I don't understand, Master. Why should we abandon all our usual horary principles for these particular enquiries? We don't judge any other questions solely from the Lord of the Hour.'"
Frawley also states in sports astrology that his method isn't complete and should be developed further by somebody else. Horses do come in many colours unless the white one behind my house has painted himself white so he can be different from his black neighbour.

Hey, if Frawley is your barometer for what works and what doesn't then fine but I would rather go to the source and test it for myself.

Konrad wrote:
Frawley also states in sports astrology that his method isn't complete and should be developed further by somebody else. Horses do come in many colours unless the white one behind my house has painted himself white so he can be different from his black neighbour.

Hey, if Frawley is your barometer for what works and what doesn't then fine but I would rather go to the source and test it for myself.
Frawley is not always right, but he is on this one. I know you're gonna test it anyway so good luck. But it's a waste of time. As is Frawley's own method he borrowed from someone -- too lazy to look up who it was.

Seiko wrote:
Konrad wrote:

Frawley is not always right, but he is on this one. I know you're gonna test it anyway so good luck. But it's a waste of time. As is Frawley's own method he borrowed from someone -- too lazy to look up who it was.
Thanks.

I think he uses John Addey's method of directing the 5th house cusp for horse races and something else for football matches.

I am interested to see the results of your testing of the Arab method and any developments you made on it though. It could save me some time.

Konrad wrote:
Seiko wrote:
Konrad wrote:

Thanks.

I think he uses John Addey's method of directing the 5th house cusp for horse races and something else for football matches.

I am interested to see the results of your testing of the Arab method and any developments you made on it though. It could save me some time.
Sorry, man. It was a long time ago. Didn't save any of that stuff.

Besides, the method is so wonderfully simple there is no need for any kind of developments. Locate the LHr and boom! you have the winner. 5 seconds with a proper software.

Well, 10 seconds if you need to think about the color a planet stands for.