This seems to be your day GB, my congratulations. :'
Obviously, I put too much on Mercury ruling Birmingham, including Aston Villa, otherwise I would have gone for draw.

They played in claret and so got Jupiter which rules ASC by triplicity. Actually, I expected them to win seeing Jupiter angular. As the angles were fixed and he himself stationary, he obviously run out of time.

:-T

Seriously, fixed angles produce more draws than cardinal or mutable and usually 0:0.

We have yet another draw today

Stoke 0 - 0 Aston Villa :D

I would be very interested in any ideas as to why today has produced so many. As the first was a 1300 KO and the last a 1945 KO, it suggests something slower moving than the angles.

Graham

I would be very interested in any ideas as to why today has produced so many. As the first was a 1300 KO and the last a 1945 KO, it suggests something slower moving than the angles.
Well, I made charts only for Chelsea - Fulham, Bolton - Newcastle and Sunderland - Everton.

First, I think that it has something to do that Saturn was the dispositor of both luminaries. Second, Premier League started at the hour of Moon with a fixed sign (Taurus) on ASC, it ended also with a fixed sign rising.

The chart was radical by exaltation, this should have favoured Chelsea. But in fact, in favoured the underdog. Both luminaries were in Capricorn, fall of Jupiter - Chelsea's sig (blue kit). So we could expect that the underdog would at least score. There was a tight Moon's square to Saturn, its dispositor, who was Fulham's sig (white, black/white). So draw was a good option here, since I did not believe that Fulham would win (on account that the chart was radical by exaltation, the strongest kind of radicality).

Sunderland - Everton, that's true the hour had just changed. But, in my opinion, the game ended draw not because of that testimony (which is unreliable if the hour has already changed, I use only Placidus cusps) but because of the Sun, lord of the time and the hour, being inconjunct ASC. If you see the lord of time or our inconjunct (whole sign aspects), this is a testimony for draw. Just watch out.

Why others Liverpool - Blakcburn, WBA - MC ended draw? Although I did not make the charts, I saw the games. Liverpool, as usually, played in red - Mars. Mars was the lord of hour, and it was the only testimony for him. This obviously was not enough for him to win, if he had no dignities on ASC and MC.
For Manchester City I use Venus as a general sig (I have noticed that MC plays particularly well when the Moon is in Taurus or Libra). Venus was in trine to ASC and received the Sun only by triplicity while herself was in his detriment.

Janis, thanks for your extensive contributions to this discussion recently. They have given me a lot to think about, and to try-out in the future. I think these matches have helped us clarify ideas and to make some progress.

We have over 20 Premier League matches over the next 8 days. This should give us a chance to find some interesting matches to predict!

Well done GB. :'

An old Robert Johnson track keeps popping up in my head 'a woman is like a dresser, some man is always running through it's drawers', to be fair I did suggest both may end up in messy drawers but hoped that an end result was in sight.

hmm..fixed angles = draw at least sounds plausible enough when written on the page but to me doesn't measure up in reality. It would be very easy to prove a correlation between fixed asc and draw scores, especially as evening premier league games tend to be played under those conditions unlike those played in the afternoon. However I know of no correlation that confirms it.

Nevertheless we all seem to be on the right track so lets hope it continues that way.
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Daz, your reasoning was correct. The underdog would have won unless Spurs had played in white/black (angular Saturn). I made the chart when the game had already begun. Angularity of sig is one of the strongest testimonies. Besides it was reinforced by the luminaries under disposition of Saturn, in particular by the Moon, the ruler of time.

Look at the games on 20.12.2011, when you predicted that the underdogs would fare pretty well, draw or maybe even win. Bolton against Blakcburn played in black and won, Wolves ? Norwich draw because nobody played in Saturnian colours. Saturn just sealed the result. However, angular Saturn is not very helpful for the home favourites who are playing in Saturnian colours when Cancer or Leo is rising. To win the sig must have dignities on ASC or at least on MC.

As regards the rule that the team whose colours agree with the dispositor of both luminaries play pretty well, see yesterday?s Arsenal - Wolves match which began at 15:00 GMT (I made the chart only after the game).