Well by golly, I'm just a bit puzzled.

So far this thread has had 52 visitors, most of whom, given the nature of this forum, I assume to be astrologers.

Not one answer.

What does this mean?

No one examines the probable longevity of a client? Despite what Ptolemy said about it being the first thing the astrologer should look for...

No one has a reliable method?

Everyone has a reliable method but wants to keep it secret?

The method you use is too complicated to explain in 50 words or less?

The Elixir of Eternal Life has been discovered in a small spring hidden away in the swamps of Florida?

Well then let me change the question. What methods do you use to determine the probable date of death? The cause of death is secondary, of little importance.

Yes.

Ditto for the new question.

Of course, discussions here are not restricted to 50 words or less. They can run for many pages and involve many thousands of words of discussion and explanation.

But I think the way you have phrased your post: the expectation that someone here should perform for you, with the undertone of sarcasm, has contributed to the reason why your post has been ignored.

Hi Dave,

I could be the newest-to-astrology astrologer on this forum, so you aren't going to get much research on this from me.

I have read how to predict death from astrology books but they were concerning jyotish, and I believe you do not use this system.

The problem is that I have only studied them in reference to one person, whom had already cast of this mortal coil. I saw the delineations work out in this case. For some reason I always skip over that information when I find it in the texts, other than in this one instance, when I wanted to know.

eta: I just saw Deb's response, and I agree it would take many words to state how to determine death timing.
Declining from the public ways, walk in unfrequented paths. - Pythagoras

Deb wrote:
Yes.

Ditto for the new question.

Of course, discussions here are not restricted to 50 words or less. They can run for many pages and involve many thousands of words of discussion and explanation.

But I think the way you have phrased your post: the expectation that someone here should perform for you, with the undertone of sarcasm, has contributed to the reason why your post has been ignored.
Those were my thoughts too, to be honest.

Here's my original post:

am curious to know what techniques you use to determine longevity from the natal chart.

I would appreciate descriptions of methods in enough detail so that I can test them.

I see nothing sarcastic in it, nor any expectation of performance.
After 52 astrologers had dropped in to read that, there had been no response. Thinking this forum to be a place of interchange between astrologers, ...
Well, by golly. No Response after 52 reads. I found, and find, that interesting.

I think a question regarding longevity is a valid question and one that could prove interesting and useful. One astrologer just placed a thread on recitifation, Amy Winehouse. Short life. Longevity. Be silly to predict for her 35th year.

So after 52 reads and no reponse...
Yup, I got a bit sarcastic
and Guess what....Reponses
Now what does that say about the respondents? They still (apart from Varuna) did not respond to the question... but responded to the "personal affront" of the sarcasm.

If you care to read the posts I have made since joining this forum, I think you will find that I am courteous to others and try to be a positive and constructive contributor to the forum.

I mentioned rectification, not predicting the age of death. In the time of Ptolemy infant mortality was more common than today so one of the purposes of the calculation was to see the prospects of a new-born.

No point in telling a 27 or 35 year old native that they were exposed on a mountainside and that they died all those years ago is there?

That is apart from ethical issues which is a whole different subject.

Matthew

Yes, mjacob, I know you mentioned rectification, not longevity. I specifically said that in my post. But with a death at age 27, the question of longevity comes up.

If Mrs. Winehouse brings me her daughter Amy's birth data and wants to know about her daughter's future..... Not a case of infant mortality, but a very short life. Whether we live in Ptolemy's times or not, some people don't live out a normal life span. Wasn't it Evangeline Adams who had her "fortunetelling" case thrown out of court when she told the judge his son had drowned at an early age?

It has nothing to do with ethics. There was no stipulation about informing the client.

First of all, there's no such thing as a reliable technique to determine a person's longevity.

Secondly, it is incredibly arrogant and stupid. People who can't even walk are trying to run a marathon. "We can't really predict **** but screw that, let's go for the big prize! Give me the number! I know you can do this!"

Thirdly, ..
Dave wrote:
If Mrs. Winehouse brings me her daughter Amy's birth data and wants to know about her daughter's future.....
.. even though it's only a hypothetical situation, it is disgusting to say smth like that. Hey, maybe we should call up our neighbors, "I hate to be that person but I'm a Master Astrologer, I have this reliable method, and I have to tell you I don't think your wife is gonna live long. Yeah, it sucks, but I'm usually right with this. I know it's hard for you but since we're friends .. Hey, on a lighter note, did you see the game yesterday? That was fantastic!"

Maybe you should call Mr. Pavel Globa, you know, a famous Russian astrologer. He predicts when people are gonna die. But when people managed to live past the predicted years (like the former president of Russia Boris Yeltsin and a number of other folks), he said that they had no life in them, they were walking dead. That's handy, isn't it? Astrologers, like politicians, know all the whys when their predictions go south.

Seiko wrote:First of all, there's no such thing as a reliable technique to determine a person's longevity.
I'm interested as to how you know this when you say you haven't studied Natal astrology.

Konrad wrote:
Seiko wrote:First of all, there's no such thing as a reliable technique to determine a person's longevity.
I'm interested as to how you know this when you say you haven't studied Natal astrology.
If it existed, we would know about that. But we don't. Do you? No, you don't. End of story.

Someone somewhere knows something? Yeah, sure. They apparently know all the things we argue about. But they don't want to share with the rest of the world -- nor make a fortune off of their knowledge. Those all-knowing people have high moral standards, they could put Bill Gates to shame in terms of wealth and take over the world but they just don't need that. They prefer to meditate in a mountain cave.

Seiko wrote:
Konrad wrote:
If it existed, we would know about that. But we don't. Do you? No, you don't. End of story.
I have tested certain techniques a couple of years ago in one case, and the success rate was 100%

This does not imply the techniques are reliable in all cases.

Just because you are not aware of information on longevity delineation, does not imply that it does not exist, unless you meant that statement with the emphasis on the reliability part, then you may or may not be right. I do not know if these jyotish longevity techniques are reliable in most cases, and I do not want to know.

Read the jyotish texts and you will find longevity delineations in some of them.
Declining from the public ways, walk in unfrequented paths. - Pythagoras