egypt june 14th 2012

the changes egypt has undergone the past 1-2 years would seem to be under threat with the recent decision by egypts supreme court to overturn last years parliamentary elections.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18453721

perhaps the fact we are not hearing much outcry from the world powers has something to do with who is actually retaining the political power within egypt not being all that different from what was in place under mubarak. that is a cynical viewpoint on my part, and time will tell where this is going.

there are a few different charts for egypt in campions book of world horoscopes. there have been a few threads here at skyscript which have highlighted some of the astro around egypt, most recently the full moon post of andrew bevan's http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... ight=egypt. the other post is from moderator mark early 2011 http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... ight=egypt

if anyone wants to draw this chart up that andrew has given in acg, the time i have for the full moon in cairo is feb 7 2012 11:53:30pm where it lands close to the midheaven angle. overlapping this chart with the choice of charts mark has given for egypt of june 19 1953 give a few interesting cross overs. one is the stationary saturn that andrew also mentions as it lands directly on the descendant of the 1953 chart possibly suggesting some sort of emancipation of egypt from military rule that it has been under since 1953 and longer. the other interesting cross over is the position of mars in the full moon chart is exactly on the natal moon in the 53 chart while this moon rules the 4th house in the 53 chart. this to me suggests the massive demonstrations that were taking place and of the feel of a popular uprising that has seemed to characterize egypt in the very recent past.

i don't have any conclusions to make on any of this other then my cynical comment which isn't really a conclusion at the beginning. perhaps some others would like to offer their perspective on where egypt might be going from an astrological point of view.

the transits to this 1953 chart continue to highlight the saturn/neptune conjunction which squares onto the midheaven axis being transited by the saturn return which already completed earlier. t mars has again returned to about where it was in the full moon chart that andrew highlighted and is now at 20 virgo a degree away from the natal moon position at 21. the solar arc data off this 53 chart highlight a soon to be completed sa uranus 135 to ascendant and sa moon 135 mars. there are a few other things that i see too, but i will save that and let others take a look for themselves. to me these solar arc directions suggest volatile times will continue for egypt in the near future. so there ya go - i am making a bit of a conclusion however tentative it is at this point.

birth data for the 2 candidates which i have set for noon in the absence of a specific birth time:
mohamed mursi - aug 20 1951 in Sharquia, egypt. i have used the capital zagizig

ahmed shafiq nov 25 1941 in cairo.

once again, superficial glance favours shafiq. this one is more difficult to gage though compared to a look at the greek candidates. although i have no times for any of these 4 candidates, i have taken a look at transits, solar arc directions and minor progressions without the valuable information given off the angles. one factor which makes me lean to favouring shafiq is the solar arc direction of mars to a conjunction of saturn in mursi's chart which is quite close regardless of his birth time. i see this as a damper on his chance for success here. we will know soon enough.

the opposition of jupiter to shafiq's sun didn't seem to help any.. all the best to mursi in the road ahead.

fernando lugo - may 30 1951 the paragauy leader that was ousted just the other day has jupiter close to a conjunction to his sun/mars in early gemini. it is interesting as anotnis samaras the new leader for greece is born may 23 1951 - a few days after lugo and while he has just gotten in as new leader for greece, lugo has been pushed out. both of them have sun/mars conjunction in early gemini but different results are coming out of the transit of jupiter... then there is the nodal axis transit in this same area to take into consideration. even if we had exact birth data for any of these people, it would be tricky to predict.. eyeballing it with jupiter or nodal axis transits is fun but not much more then that i suppose.