lord of a house through the houses

greetings, I was looking for a reference to what meaning is, of a lord of a house, through different houses. ie: Lord of second residing in the 5th, or 6th or... etc. I thought Lillie had a list of such things but am having trouble finding the reference. Can someone point out pages for me? not of specific planets, but rulers of houses in other houses,

thank you,

Granny.

Hi Granny,

I don't know about that being in Lilly but it is in Henry Coley's Key to the Whole Art of Astrology Section Three, Chapter 8 onwards which is page 489. You can get a free copy from Skyscript somewhere.

By What Means Attain It. in CA II. It is right after JUDGMENTS CONCERNING THE 2ND HOUSE. CHAPTER XXVII.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you the exact page because I have it as a PDF document. But if you have a copy of CA, IMHO it is not hard to find the Judgements Concerning the 2nd House chapter.

thanks Seiko, I think I was not clear, I mean for all lords of house, not just 2nd house, I was using that as an example. I think in Lilly it might be through out, instead of in one place like I"m hoping to find. but I was hoping I was wrong. Again thank you for this information!
:)

Granny

The A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator by Llewellyn George goes through every ruler in every house. My edition is 1981. The idea for this listing comes from Luke Broughton's The Elements of Astrology (1899). Broughton did the same thing, but his book is very difficult to find even in reproduction.

Re: lord of a house through the houses

granny_skot wrote:greetings, I was looking for a reference to what meaning is, of a lord of a house, through different houses. ie: Lord of second residing in the 5th, or 6th or... etc. I thought Lillie had a list of such things but am having trouble finding the reference.
I am almost positive that this exact question has come up before (possibly in the Traditional forum). In any case, Gadbury ends each of the chapters on the houses (XII-XXIII) in his Doctrine of Nativities with a delineation of the results of the house ruler in the different houses; perhaps you were thinking of him rather than Lilly?

This arrangement is also quite popular in Indian astrology, and a number of Indian texts have chapters dealing with it.