Second ruler

I was trying to find in my chart some evidence of world?s crisis, which have hurt me directly, I?ve lost good career at the end of 2008, mostly freelancing since that.
So, I didn?t want to follow those modern Saturn-Uranus interpretations or etc., looking for some traditional explanations.
An the only thing I?ve found is my natal Jupiter was crossing t-square point to natal Mars-Saturn in solar arc directions. And by Esra, Jupiter is a second triplicity ruler of my MC in Leo. Esra?s definition of 2nd triplicity ruler of MC is that it?s the main indicator of highest standing in career.
I?ve seen that directed Jupiter at my natal Venus when was graduated from Art school in architecture. Than directed Mercury was at natal Mercury last year when I?ve registered own company.
So, is anyone recognizes that ?second ruler?s? meaning?

Paul wrote:Yuriy

Have you tried checking your profections and primary directions as well?
Well, profections may be, I had similar things in my life 12 years before crisis when I've emigrated and lost all familiar ground at once...
Primary directions are all disappointment for me, don't see any reflections of major events in life there.
And, heh, solar arc directed Pluto was at AC in 2009.

Yuriy wrote: Well, profections may be, I had similar things in my life 12 years before crisis when I've emigrated and lost all familiar ground at once...
Primary directions are all disappointment for me, don't see any reflections of major events in life there.
Why not post your natal chart so people can have a look?
If there's a 12 year pattern that could be Jupiter or it could be something by profections for example. What's Jupiter doing in your chart out of interest? What does it rule and what's its dignity etc.?

Paul wrote:
Yuriy wrote: Well, profections may be, I had similar things in my life 12 years before crisis when I've emigrated and lost all familiar ground at once...
Why not post your natal chart so people can have a look?
If there's a 12 year pattern that could be Jupiter or it could be something by profections for example. What's Jupiter doing in your chart out of interest? What does it rule and what's its dignity etc.?
Sorry Paul, my 10+ years experiences of interesting in astrology tells me don't post my chart online. If some from Russian astro-forums people will get it here accidentally, than shame on them, violating astrologer's ethic.
I don't think profection's 12 years pattern would be helpful. For instance 24 years back from crisis wasn't anything interesting like at emigration year or at 2008.
Jupiter peregrine in 6th in Aries, in applying tryne to Leo MC, Mars in 10th in Leo.

Yuriy wrote: Sorry Paul, my 10+ years experiences of interesting in astrology tells me don't post my chart online. If some from Russian astro-forums people will get it here accidentally, than shame on them, violating astrologer's ethic.
I don't think profection's 12 years pattern would be helpful.
Your call. Just hard to help on a chart we can't see. But I understand your concerns.
For instance 24 years back from crisis wasn't anything interesting like at emigration year or at 2008.
Jupiter peregrine in 6th in Aries, in applying tryne to Leo MC, Mars in 10th in Leo.
Which would be true of Jupiter's transit also of course.

I don't think we can help much without a chart tbh. There's too many "check if..."

I would add that the profections may of course still be valid especially if layered with transits, so the significator for career for example may be the same, but what that planet does by transit won't be.

A lof ot people don't use profections of course but they're single-handedly the most reliable forecasting system I've ever heard of in my view. I literally cannot get over how useful they are. I keep dabbling with primary directions too which seem pretty useful but I struggle to pin down the timing especially if you use different keys. I may re-read Martin's book on it. It might be useful to just check the primaries of Mars to the MC though?

My point is than Jupiter is so insignificant in natal, but it's solar directions (1degree for 1 year) manifesting very significant events(graduation, crisis, etc.). I couldn't find any other explanations beside of Esra's definitions.
There is also traditional statement than if Sun is natally in 8th than some crisis typically occurs at middle years (around 45). And the only explanation of that I can see is Saturn's Firdaria with Sun sub-period around 45.
So, if Sun is ruling my career(Leo) than its obvious.

Paul wrote:It might be useful to just check the primaries of Mars to the MC though?
Paul, you may be right, at the end of 2008 progressed MC crossed progressed Mars (not natal, both progressed) an all that occurred at my natal Fortune in Virgo in 11th! Some traditional definitions calling Fortune as a second AC.
Last edited by Yuriy on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuriy wrote: , my 10+ years experiences of interesting in astrology tells me don't post my chart online. If some from Russian astro-forums people will get it here accidentally, than shame on them, violating astrologer's ethic.
This makes me curious, I wonder what these Russians do then. Criminal actions like identity theft, etc.?

Eddy wrote:
Yuriy wrote: , my 10+ years experiences of interesting in astrology tells me don't post my chart online. If some from Russian astro-forums people will get it here accidentally, than shame on them, violating astrologer's ethic.
This makes me curious, I wonder what these Russians do then. Criminal actions like identity theft, etc.?
happy to entertain you, Chinese would do even worse, trying to replicate me, it's like stealing intellectual property or etc.

Paul wrote:I would add that the profections may of course still be valid especially if layered with transits, so the significator for career for example may be the same, but what that planet does by transit won't be.

note: the bold emphasis in Paul's excerpt is mine

"layered with transits": Paul do you mean that you work with transits on the profected chart? I use the Profected chart with it's current Solar return but I never used transits on profected charts. Mind giving an example or two?

james