Seiko wrote:A planet is the Dispositor of all planets (and virtual parts like the Part of Fortune etc) that are posited in the sign(s) of its domicile and its exaltation.
In this case Jupiter is the Dispositor of the Moon by exaltation.
Now, I am getting confused between receiving and disposition. I thought disposition is to with sign disposition only.

PD

stanstar wrote:Ok Seiko I understand what you say. So is Mercury also the moons dispositor ruling the cusp of the 9th house?

Stan
No.
pankajdubey wrote:Now, I am getting confused between receiving and disposition. I thought disposition is to with sign disposition only.
A planet is the second Lord of the sign of its exaltation. Sometimes even stronger than the original Lord. In this very chart, Saturn is in the 1st house in exaltation in Libra, whereas Venus is in her Detriment in the 2nd House. So in this case Saturn represents the Querent "better" than Venus. I'm not saying that Venus is off duty here but it's as if the chart is telling us to pay attention to Saturn.

But you don't have to take my word for it. In CA II, the fourth house question, "Shall I be able to buy certain Houses?" or better known as Mr. B's houses, Lilly uses the Sun in the 7th House in his Exaltation as the Ruler of the 7th House.

Also, in the chart "The exact time of the Death of King Charles I" Lilly calls Jupiter the second Lord of the Ascendant with Cancer rising.

Thank you Seiko for being so patient and for giving such valuable instruction! So now I understand that Mercury rules the 9th house affairs but does NOT dispose any planets that maybe in that 9th house. Only the affairs of that house. I find it also interesting what you said about Sat and Venus too!

Stan

Unfortunately not read any of these replies yet. I just skipped to the end and it seems you've not found it yet.

I'm unsure whether to use the 3rd or 2nd, or to use Mercury as natural ruler of documentation, or Moon as natural ruler of lost items.

I think I prefer to use the Moon when I'm unsure, though in the past I've had pretty good results with using the 3rd as ruler of lost driver's licenses - though I know I [i]should[/i] use the second.

Anyway Moon is just after separating from a square with uranus, and is applying now to Jupiter - whether we take Jupiter just as a benefic, or as Lord 3 - this is at least suggestive that it might be found. Though if I'm honest I think there's mixed testimony that it will be overall.

Mercury, Mars and Jupiter are all peregrine so no matter which significator you use we have a theme of "not being in the right place" about it. I wonder whether someone has moved it to where it shouldn't be, or whether you've lost it outside of the home. Some arguments against that are Moon's domicile, and that Mercury is in the second, and Moon aspects the second cusp. My guess then is that it's not where it's meant to be, and that your own significator in detriment suggests that perhaps this perhaps may be your own fault, at least partially.

So where is it?
If we take Jupiter as the significator, then we see it is in the 8th house peregrine. Idon't know if you have a partner, but I wonder if you couldn't check her handbag/purse/ etc - place where she keeps money basically, or where typically you might expect money to be stored. That it's peregrine ehre suggests that it's NOT meant to be there, so don't think "oh it wouldn't be there", if there's anywhere she keeps money, be that her purses handbags or her own private money jar, then LOOK there.
The 8th here could be seen as places were receipts are kept, especially as Mercury is also in the second.

If there's anywhere like that that's near electricity or computers (uranus stuff) then check those places first.

Either way with so much peregrine, it's probably best not to check "places it should be" - it's likely to be somewhere it doesn't belong.

Nah, I don't think Stan will find the original license any time soon. I asked myself "Will Stan find his license and where is it?" as soon as I opened this thread today.

Too lazy to insert the chart, but the data is :
24/10/2011, 18:06, GMT+3
Riga, Latvia, 56n57 24e06
ASC 09-TAU-33

We have basically very similar picture here L1 = Venus, L2 = Mercury. Mercury is also the Dispositor of the Moon that is void of course. Mercury peregrine in the 7th in conjunction with Venus, L1, yet Mercury fails to catch Venus before the end of the sign, no matter how close they are.

Besides, even with Mercury chasing Venus, Venus makes a square aspect with Mars, L7, so Mars prohibits.

So everything points to the notion that someone else has the license. It could be your spouse or some kind of a partner etc, but since Mars is peregrine etc I don't think that person is very honest and noble, it could be stolen, more so because the DSC = Scorpio. Or you lost it and someone picked it up, and doesn't care to return it or threw it away etc.

Another thing, the antiscion of Mars falls exactly on the cusp of the 1st house. In Stan's chart Mars also rules the 7th house.

I looked again around the house, everywhere no success. I guess I lost it in Turkey last year. I took it then as I was going to drive from Istanbul to the south. I was dissuaded to drive by my friend as he thought it would be too dangerous as I drive on the left. He gave me a driver from his business instead. Maybe that's indicated by the Moon.In mundane astrology Turkey's Asc is Cancer. My friend is an older authority figure who looks to me like the Sun or Saturn in 1st house. He also has Cancer Moon in his Natal chart. Also I note that Mercury and Jupiter are on axis of Land journeys Arab parts. Mars the able driver sextile Saturn my older friend. Am I reading too much INTO this or not?

Stan

PS Seiko I will look at your chart now.

@stanstar

11th lord(friend) is in 1st-a friend offered help.
Leo is on the 11th cusp, Mars the lord of possessions in this case is in Leo.
So, the friend helped you out with a coach-man(hopefully not the 1665 era one) .

Willim Lilly- Christian Astrology -II
If the Significator be in Leo, he will make a good Serving-man, or to be of any Trade that useth fire or hot things, a good Hunts-man, a good Leech for Cowes or Cattle, a good Rider or Horse-courser, or Coach-man, or a Smith, Watch-maker, Glasse?maker,
Another way of looking at it is the mutual reception in exaltation betwen Moon and Jupiter(6th lord- servants, 6th house also is for horse coach of an army). Your friend could be a retired armed forces man.
--------------------------
While you are away do you mind leaving your house keys in the door lock itself . Many thanks in advance :)

PD

Here's my thinking -- the Moon represents the lost object, it is in the 9th house of long distance travels and foreign countries. I don't know anything about mundane astrology but in Lilly's book Cancer is connected to Constantinople which is Istanbul nowadays so Turkey it is. Or could be.

Saturn in the first represents the Querent among other things. He exalts in the 1st house and he actually is posited in the first house. The Moon separates from Saturn 11 degrees (9 in Gemini and 2 in Cancer). Since it's Gemini, a double-bodied sign, it could double the amount of time. So it's 9+9+2 = 20 months ago which would give us about the time Stan was in Turkey. Even if this timing method of mine is absolutely ridiculous and made up (it is), we still could say the Moon (the lost object) separated from the Querent months ago because the Moon is cadent.

So it is possible that Stan has lost his license in Turkey.

Turkey or not, even if I'm making this whole thing up, the bottom line is IMHO Stan will not find his original license before the 27th. Or possibly ever. I think the chart is telling us that some other person has Stan's license -- represented by Mars peregrine so probably not a very noble one.

Thankfully, Stan has his backup license.