Andrew Bevan wrote:There is an important game being played on Tuesday in the qualifying rounds to the European Championships in Football:

Denmark - Norway, 20.15 CEST Copenhagen
Odds: 1,90 3,40 4,00
Asc 5AR25 MC 1CP40 Sun 13VI49 Moon 8CP52 POF 028
Day Mars, Hour Saturn - not radical
The chart not radical; Saturn, Lhr, is L10 and located in the 7th house of the guests who are the underdogs by odds.

Saturn is on an interesting degree symbolised as 'a boat landing that is suddenly washed away' so on those grounds I'll suggest that any celebrations are stolen away from the 7th house/underdogs. With Uranus and Pluto on the angles that interpretation would fit as there is a note of high feelings/controversy both during and after the match.

G
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Denmark - Norway 2-0
and Norway were chanceless!!

I just have to confesss, there is something I can't work with football...
Daz wrote:Saturn is on an interesting degree symbolised as 'a boat landing that is suddenly washed away' so on those grounds I'll suggest that any celebrations are stolen away from the 7th house/underdogs.
Very interesting - but beyond me!
http://www.astronor.com

Oh, come on, no offense, but if you'd wanted to work it out, you would. I'm not personally a big fan of event charts, I make them from time to time just for fun, I guess. I have my hands full with horaries, I already don't have any life as they say, I'm already looking at too much charts every day.

BUT, if anyone believes it works and wants to develop a system to predict the outcome of the matches using event charts, I would suggest opening (I'm in no way connected with that site or anything) www-dot-oddsportal-dot-com or a similar site. There is a ton of games from the current and previous football seasons for almost any league there is. They have the score, date, time and odds. So all you need is the location but I'm sure everyone knows (or can wikipedia it) where the big clubs are located.

So you have all the information you need at your fingertips -- you can see where the favorite wins, where the upset happened, where was a draw. All you need is a dedication to put in a lot of work.

As Benjamin Franklin said "If you want a thing done, go; if not, send". This is so true. I was a bit into Frawley for some time but unfortunately -- or rather should I say very fortunately -- William Lilly is The Ultimate Artist when it comes to astrology. And, as we all know, he did it generally by himself.

Seiko wrote:You don't have to be an astrologer to tell Latvia are not going to win. No offense, but our team have no offense. A little pun there.
In the chart, Moon makes a trifle aspect (3?) with the PoF. I think that is going to be enough for Greece to win. Latvia will not be looking to score they will be praying for a draw but I don't suppose they will get lucky two times in a row.
Latvia - Greece 1-1

This is a very impressive result by the Latvian team, who appear to have acheived a draw by the help of God. Working with football games is great fun and a great exercise, but I hate it when we get sloppy.

Daz was right in that the hopes of the Norwgian team for advancement were 'washed away'. Denmark played a great game. I can't see that example of quality in the chart. Saturn in the middle of Libra topples the Scales? There were a lot of qualifying games being played last night and each game has to be able to be treated in an isolated manner.

Aries on the ascendant good for Denmark? :???:

Aries on the ascendant good for Denmark?
If the Moon is in the sign associated with a nation or a team, or in the Sun sign of a sportsman, it seems as if there is an advantage to that team or sportsman. If the Moon is in the opposite sign, then contrary. However, it is possible that if the sign associated with the team is on the ascendant, that also provides an advantage in defending that place? :???:

I do feel that football prediciton should be clear-cut, or else it gets messy and becomes an exercise with too many variables.

Daz, how would you feel about making 3 simple predictions every weekend? Your eyes are on different details than mine and it would be interesting to see how you get on. The rules are either predicting the result that will occur or the result that will not occur. The astrological reasoning should be provided and an evaluation of the odds gives an idea of the magnitude and value of the prediction.

This would be valuable input. I'm currently stuck for new ideas of how to simplify the problem.

In the Denmark chart, how about the fact that Moon makes a trine aspect with Sun that exalts in the ASC and is a natural significator of the favorite?

In the Latvia chart, Moon makes a trine to the PoF but it is very close to Sun. Can the PoF be combust in event charts? Just a crazy thought.

It wasn't a help from God for Latvia, Greece were sloppy -- and a number of players were missing. When superior teams play against the underdogs they a lot of times tend to get sloppy, it happens pretty much in every sport. One basketball coach called it "the ugly". When a good team starts the game playing sloppy, people usually think oh, that's cool, they will pull themselves together later in the game. But the truth is -- once the ugly is in, it is very hard to get rid of the ugly. This is one of the main reasons good teams lose and upsets happen.

Daz, how would you feel about making 3 simple predictions every weekend? Your eyes are on different details than mine and it would be interesting to see how you get on. The rules are either predicting the result that will occur or the result that will not occur. The astrological reasoning should be provided and an evaluation of the odds gives an idea of the magnitude and value of the prediction.
Yes of course, its a good idea to pool resources although I'm by no means certain about the usefulness of degree symbols in football prediction therefore it would be very much experimental and when they are used they would be as an additional pointer to the usual more conventional methods of prediction.
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Arsenal at Blackburn
September 17, 12:45 BST

Moon (also the Dispositor of the PoF) casts a very close SXT to the PoF. So keeping it simple the Gunners as the faves should take the cake.

Thoughts?