View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
A Correct Prediction: the NYC buiding strike, 1991
by Robert E. Zoller
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
Astrology and Cosmology in Early China: Conforming Earth to Heaven, by David W. Pankenier
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Football in September 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Danish have thought of a strategy of how to Win this evening;

Scrapecard:

Img: Scrape and Win!

By scraping away on the Norwegian flag,
if you after 9 attempts have got a clean flag - the Danish Win! Laughing

Source: Aftenposten
daz madrigal

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

controversy both during and after the match.

G

Last edited by daz madrigal on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
daz madrigal

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Bevan wrote:
There is an important game being played on Tuesday in the qualifying rounds to the European Championships in Football:

Denmark - Norway, 20.15 CEST Copenhagen
Odds: 1,90 3,40 4,00
Asc 5AR25 MC 1CP40 Sun 13VI49 Moon 8CP52 POF 028
Day Mars, Hour Saturn - not radical
The chart not radical; Saturn, Lhr, is L10 and located in the 7th house of the guests who are the underdogs by odds.

Saturn is on an interesting degree symbolised as 'a boat landing that is suddenly washed away' so on those grounds I'll suggest that any celebrations are stolen away from the 7th house/underdogs. With Uranus and Pluto on the angles that interpretation would fit as there is a note of high feelings/controversy both during and after the match.

G
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denmark - Norway 2-0
and Norway were chanceless!!

I just have to confesss, there is something I can't work with football...

Daz wrote:
Saturn is on an interesting degree symbolised as 'a boat landing that is suddenly washed away' so on those grounds I'll suggest that any celebrations are stolen away from the 7th house/underdogs.

Very interesting - but beyond me!
Seiko

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come on, no offense, but if you'd wanted to work it out, you would. I'm not personally a big fan of event charts, I make them from time to time just for fun, I guess. I have my hands full with horaries, I already don't have any life as they say, I'm already looking at too much charts every day.

BUT, if anyone believes it works and wants to develop a system to predict the outcome of the matches using event charts, I would suggest opening (I'm in no way connected with that site or anything) www-dot-oddsportal-dot-com or a similar site. There is a ton of games from the current and previous football seasons for almost any league there is. They have the score, date, time and odds. So all you need is the location but I'm sure everyone knows (or can wikipedia it) where the big clubs are located.

So you have all the information you need at your fingertips -- you can see where the favorite wins, where the upset happened, where was a draw. All you need is a dedication to put in a lot of work.

As Benjamin Franklin said "If you want a thing done, go; if not, send". This is so true. I was a bit into Frawley for some time but unfortunately -- or rather should I say very fortunately -- William Lilly is The Ultimate Artist when it comes to astrology. And, as we all know, he did it generally by himself.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seiko wrote:
You don't have to be an astrologer to tell Latvia are not going to win. No offense, but our team have no offense. A little pun there.
In the chart, Moon makes a trifle aspect (3) with the PoF. I think that is going to be enough for Greece to win. Latvia will not be looking to score they will be praying for a draw but I don't suppose they will get lucky two times in a row.

Latvia - Greece 1-1

This is a very impressive result by the Latvian team, who appear to have acheived a draw by the help of God. Working with football games is great fun and a great exercise, but I hate it when we get sloppy.

Daz was right in that the hopes of the Norwgian team for advancement were 'washed away'. Denmark played a great game. I can't see that example of quality in the chart. Saturn in the middle of Libra topples the Scales? There were a lot of qualifying games being played last night and each game has to be able to be treated in an isolated manner.

Aries on the ascendant good for Denmark? Confused
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aries on the ascendant good for Denmark?

If the Moon is in the sign associated with a nation or a team, or in the Sun sign of a sportsman, it seems as if there is an advantage to that team or sportsman. If the Moon is in the opposite sign, then contrary. However, it is possible that if the sign associated with the team is on the ascendant, that also provides an advantage in defending that place? Confused

I do feel that football prediciton should be clear-cut, or else it gets messy and becomes an exercise with too many variables.

Daz, how would you feel about making 3 simple predictions every weekend? Your eyes are on different details than mine and it would be interesting to see how you get on. The rules are either predicting the result that will occur or the result that will not occur. The astrological reasoning should be provided and an evaluation of the odds gives an idea of the magnitude and value of the prediction.

This would be valuable input. I'm currently stuck for new ideas of how to simplify the problem.
Seiko

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Denmark chart, how about the fact that Moon makes a trine aspect with Sun that exalts in the ASC and is a natural significator of the favorite?

In the Latvia chart, Moon makes a trine to the PoF but it is very close to Sun. Can the PoF be combust in event charts? Just a crazy thought.

It wasn't a help from God for Latvia, Greece were sloppy -- and a number of players were missing. When superior teams play against the underdogs they a lot of times tend to get sloppy, it happens pretty much in every sport. One basketball coach called it "the ugly". When a good team starts the game playing sloppy, people usually think oh, that's cool, they will pull themselves together later in the game. But the truth is -- once the ugly is in, it is very hard to get rid of the ugly. This is one of the main reasons good teams lose and upsets happen.
Seiko

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'm content with Latvia team, of course, Greeks weren't so good for whatever reason -- but that's their problem.
daz madrigal

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Daz, how would you feel about making 3 simple predictions every weekend? Your eyes are on different details than mine and it would be interesting to see how you get on. The rules are either predicting the result that will occur or the result that will not occur. The astrological reasoning should be provided and an evaluation of the odds gives an idea of the magnitude and value of the prediction.

Yes of course, its a good idea to pool resources although I'm by no means certain about the usefulness of degree symbols in football prediction therefore it would be very much experimental and when they are used they would be as an additional pointer to the usual more conventional methods of prediction.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have to fear the flop. The main idea is forming a structured approach as to how to judge football matches. In my opinion, or rather experience, something is missing (yet I never spent a lot of time on suit colors) - but new ideas are welcome!
Seiko

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsenal at Blackburn
September 17, 12:45 BST

Moon (also the Dispositor of the PoF) casts a very close SXT to the PoF. So keeping it simple the Gunners as the faves should take the cake.

Thoughts?
GB

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Bevan wrote:
The main idea is forming a structured approach as to how to judge football matches.

Perhaps we need to separate the various factors. For example, we can give the Ascendant to the Home team and the Descendant to the Away team, or give the Ascendant to the favourite, or assign rulers for the two teams based on colour. Then we decide on the strength of the rulers of the two teams. In addition we look at the Moon and PoF (and possibly other factors). There are too many factors, so when a prediction goes wrong we don't know why. Was it because we assigned L1 and L7 incorrectly, or because we got the strengths wrong, or because we did not include the Moon or PoF or whatever. Confused

I think we need to fix some of the factors so we have a clearer idea of what is happening.

May I suggest that we concentrate on matches in a particular league (different leagues may behave differently) - my preference is for the English Premier League. We could just look at matches where the home team is favourite and plays in colours suggested by the Ascendant sign. So Man Utd (or Arsenal or Liverpool, etc.) when they play at home, are favourites and the Ascendant is ruled by Mars. Any other combination where all the assignment factors agree would do equally well. This would allow us to concentrate on how we decide which (Mars or Venus, say) is stronger.

Clearly with home favourites we wound expect them to win most of the time, so predictions that suggest a draw or away win would be particularly interesting. Smile

I would be interested in other's thoughts on this. Would it help clarify our approach?
Seiko

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackburn 4-3 Arsenal

Two own goals by Arsenal.

I think whatever you/we do, there should be a fresh start and the old assumptions should be cast aside. Building on something presumably right has been a pain in the lower back for me. Everybody is happy to give their tips in their books (not just JF) and articles but nobody can really live up to the hype.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seiko,
I saw your work on the Blackburn/Arsenal game yesterday. Actually, I agree with everything you did. There is nothing wrong with your approach. I would have done the same, gone for the easy answer and said Arsenal. Yet when I spun through the games just after breakfast, I looked at the odds for Blackburn 4:1 and thought: "That's interesting - that could happen!" I honestly don't think I would have given credit to Algol on the 7th, although Arsenal did loose their head and were their own enemy. They scored 5 goals, right? What are the odds of a player scoring an own goal? So you would have been correcting in saying that they were the most scoring team.

The chart being played on the Dy Saturn, Hr Mercury and with Scorpio rising was not radical - but this would have utterly confused me a whether it was an advantage to the home team or not. Lack of radicality woud appear to open the way for the underdog, but Mars L1 is in such a predicament - cadent and in his fall. Or is he? Mars is in the terms of Saturn. I have seen Blackburn thrive with significators in the terms of Saturn before. Mars in the terms of Saturn does give a Black burn.

There could be considerations here like Moon hanging below the cusp of the 7th, and then Mars, L1, is in the same sign as POF. If predictions don't work out - remember that we, as astrologers, are still playing the role as observers. I would like to add that following Mercury the last few days, as it has appeared through clients and horary charts; Mercury has seemed hassled by the Sun, who rules the 12 house from his own. And then Sol has seemed smitten by Algol. Maybe this is because Moon joins with Algol at the time the lunimaries trine. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Sport and Speculation All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: