Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

The Grand Final is held at 21.00 hrs CEST in Baku on May 26. 2012.
Here is the chart:
I haven't got as far as forming an opinion this year, but here are the bookmakers prices as of March 31 as quoted by Unibet:

Sweden 2.75 - Euphoria
Russia 7.00 - Party For Everybody
Serbia 10.00 - Nije Ljubav Stvar (Love ain't an object)
Denmark 12.00 - Should've Known Better
Iceland 15.00 - Never Forget
Italy 15.00 - L'Amore ? Femmina (Out Of Love)
United Kingdom 15.00 - Love Will Set You Free
Germany 20.00 - Standing Still
Greece 20.00 - Aphrodisiac
Norway 20.00 - Stay
Spain 20.00 - Qu?date Conmigo (Stay With Me)
Romania 25.00 - Zaleilah
Azerbaijan 30.00 - When The Music Dies
Belarus 30.00 - We Are The Heroes
Ireland 30.00 - Waterline
Cyprus 35.00 - La La Love
Turkey 40.00 - Love Me Back
Ukraine 50.00 - Be My Guest
Netherlands 50.00 - You And Me
Estonia 75.00 - Kuula
France 75.00 - Echo (You And I)
Switzerland 80.00 - Unbreakable
Bosnia & Herzegovina 100.0 - Korake ti znam
Croatia 100.0 - Nebo
Israel 100.0 - Time

Prices are likely to fluctate as the event get nearer, and there is money to be made if you think any other nation than Sweden stand a chance!! :)

Go to Eurovision for more contestants and to listen to the songs.
Link: Eurovision Song Contest
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

I haven't really got involved in the contest yet. I sent Eurovision another email telling them that the starting time was incorrectly quoted, since they keep writing CST and not CEST, but I have still not received any reply. It is so annoying! :-sk :,

However, Unibet are offering 2,3:1 on 'Euphoria", the Swedish entry. There may be a Leo quality about this song, the name and presentation - but personally I don't really like it. The Italian song 'Out of Love' has moved up to 2nd position at 7,00:1. Italy is ruled by Leo and I am finding this far more attractive. Let's think a little bit more! :)

Althought bookmakers give Serbian singer Zeljko Joksimovic a great chance for winning I think he will not enter final. I asked this question:

Will Zeljko Joksimovic enter final of Eurosong 2012?
Chart data: 28 .Apr.2012 Beograd gmt+2 ASC=18Leo23
With fixed signs on all four angles, we have an immediate indication that the situation will stay as it is. As I am not his fan, he gets 7 house ruler Sa rx. This is not a good start. With rx ruler things may not turn out as planned. Rx means go backwards not advance. Moon is VOC. Moon are voters and Moon is in detriment of Sa rx, this shows a distinct lack of interest in him/his song. Enter final is 10th house matter, ruler is Ve. We need aspect between Sa and Ve, we have it but Me first aspect Sa, that is frustration and No answer to my question.

If someone think different please post your analyse.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

It is interesting to see how the odds have changed over the last month.
Here are the top 10 according to Unibet on April 30. 2012:

Sweden 2.30 - Euphoria
Italy 7.00 - L'Amore ? Femmina (Out Of Love)
Russia 10.00 - Party For Everybody
Serbia 10.00 - Nije Ljubav Stvar (Love ain't an object)
Denmark 12.00 - Should've Known Better
Iceland 15.00 - Never Forget
Spain 15.00 - Qu?date Conmigo (Stay With Me)
United Kingdom 15.00 - Love Will Set You Free
Germany 15.00 - Standing Still
Norway 20.00 - Stay

The Serbian entry is quite well placed, Goca. :'
However, I sometimes wonder whether the early odds are bought as means of marketing purposes. :?:

Goca wrote:
With fixed signs on all four angles, we have an immediate indication that the situation will stay as it is. As I am not his fan, he gets 7 house ruler Sa rx. This is not a good start. With rx ruler things may not turn out as planned. Rx means go backwards not advance. Moon is VOC.
Although I did not draw the chart, in my opinion, he will, according to what you have provided, be in the final. Fixed signs on angles mean that there will be little surprises and we may, more or less, rely on general expectations of public, bookies, etc. He is well placed by bookies.
Actually we do not need an aspect between the sig and L 10 to say that he will be in the final; reception by Venus, L 10, is enough to say that he will be.

So, who will be the winner?
"Regard the planets as standing still, then move the MC forward until it forms a major aspect with one of the planets. The sign in which this planet falls will give the winning country; the planet itself shows the song."(Frawley)
Here first aspected planet is Ma in Vi. According to titles of songs I think song "We Are The Heroes" will be winner. Title fit with planet Ma, Ma is in Vi fits with Belarus country (Belarus declared independence on 25 August 1991). Dispositor of Ma is Me, band (more people) "Litesound" perform it. Me is in 5 house so that is North by West direction, fits with Belarus position from Azerbaijan.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Belarus??? Wow, that is really going for an outsider! :shock:

I am looking at the position of the Moon that seemed to be the revealing issue last year. She is last coming off a sextile to Uranus, but in a YOD with Pluto and Chiron. Is this the Euphoria??
Or should we consider that the Moon is intercepted and contained by Venus and Mars? Something to do with the state of love? I haven't heard the British entry yet, but there are several titles that could go under the same category.

I really do enjoy these kind of puzzles. We have to remember that the outfall is decided by popular vote and it seems unlikely that a contest of this kind allows much space for the big suprizes.

The Swedish song 'Euphoria' isn't getting through to me, and besides, the Moon in Leo is the opposite sign of Aquarius, Sweden. But then I might not be in touch with the music. There are issues with the arrangement in Azerbaijan this year that causes me not to get overly involved.

However, my preference will probably go with Italy. The Moon in Leo in the 7th house could describe the Leo nation that lies to the West of Azerbaijan. The Moon is in that YOD with Pluto and Chiron, contained by Venus and Mars in Mercury-ruled signs, Mars is in Virgo and Mercury is in the degree of the Moon's South nodes - an so combust. There's frustration and weakness here, so where could it turn up?

I?d like to observe some considerations which might be astrologically relevant to predict who will win the Eurovision 2012.

The first one is the lack of agreement between the rising sign, its lord and the lord of hour. Jupiter, the lord of hour, has descension in the rising sign probably suggesting that the winner should be sought among the underdogs. Jupiter is conjunct Algol, a star notorious for turning heads in all senses of the word.

The second, signs ruled by malefics rise and culminate at the beginning of the event. Mars is particularly prominent having exaltation in the rising sign and rulership over the culminating one. He (being in Virgo) regards (by whole sign aspect) both the rising and the culminating sign.

The third, Mercury is the final dispositor of all the planets and the almuten of the chart (sign and triplicity) but is heavily debilitated by conjunction with the South Node and combustion from the Sun.

The forth, the Moon is in Leo and the only planet which is, by primary motion, approaching an angle.

Last year the winning entry seemed to be associated with a fast Via Combusta Moon which was the first to aspect (a semi-sextile) the Midheaven. Both the Sun and the Moon were disposed by Venus, which was in Aries (pointing to direct East) about to enter her domicile in Taurus, associated with Azerbaijan. Being the dispositor of the luminaries, in my opinion, is decisive testimony and it is proved by judging football charts. So far I have little empirical experience but logics suggest it must be true also in international contests like Eurovision.

If we apply the method that all planets stand still but Midheaven moves forward until it reaches a major aspect with a planet, then the aspecting planet itself is the winning entry but the sign containing it is the winning country, the winning song is Mars in Virgo. Thus, the winning song must have a martial quality (heroism, anger, lust (sexual drive) or something like that). Virgo, though a sterile sign, is a double ? bodied sign suggesting that the winning entry should be performed by a group rather than by a single singer.

What supporting testimonies we do have for each entry?

Sweden is the bookies fave. I cannot formulate the role of the lord of hour in such contests; my guess is that it should have approximately the same as in football charts. The lord of hour (Jupiter) is in a firm sign that despite non-radicality of the chart quite often supports the bookies expectations, in particular coupled with the Moon in a firm sign. Surprises happen if there is a non-radical chart with the lord of hour and the Moon in movable signs. Jupiter is conjunct Algol which fits Euphoria. Jupiter is in one of the stakes of Aquarius, the sign associated with Sweden, in Taurus, the fourth sign from Aquarius.

Saturn, the ruler of ASC, is exalted in masculine Libra, which might be a testimony for a country ruled by his masculine domicile Aquarius rather than the feminine domicile Capricorn. We have Sweden and Russia (which is also associated with Taurus). But his position seems not to promise very much for an Aquarian country. Apart from being in improper sect, he is falling from the Midheaven (in the twelfth sign from it) and is lacking regard from Mars, the lord of MC.
As you pointed out, Andrew, a crucial ?no? testimony for an Aquarian country should be the Moon?s placement in Leo. As the winner relies on popular vote, the Leo Moon must be a killer of any success for an Aquarian country.

Italia is the runner ? up in terms of odds. Well, the Moon is in Leo which must be a strong testimony for Italy, in particular considering that she is the sect luminary. She rules the seventh house which, among others, deals with love affairs, marriage and partnerships - relationships between man and woman in general. The Moon is in a stake of Scorpio Midheaven, namely in the tenth sign from it, which is a place of power according to Hellenistic and Arab tradition. The Moon is in the South quarter (leaning to West) of the circle which fits Italy.

Usually, the planet itself shows the beginning of an event, but its dispositor the end. The Moon is ruled by the Sun, the ruler of the eighth house, placed in the fifth house, which, among others, is associated with lust (sexual drive).

The lyrics have some associations with the eighth house (ruled by the Sun) and the Sun himself:

?unbelievable,
I can?t wait to go
I like a rolling stone
you hit me BoomBoomBoom

if you were my king
would I be your queen?
stop breaking up my heart
you kill me BoomBoomBoom ??

Mars, the ruler of MC, who is the planet first to aspect MC is placed in the eighth house and matches well with the lyrics.

Although there is a multitude of strong testimonies for Italy as a Leo ruled country, I am worried about the Sun?s condition. He does not aspect both the ascending and the culminating signs and is debilitated by being conjunct the South Node. Had the Moon been applying not separating from the Sun, I would say Italy will win. Separation is equal to a disregard, abandonment, loss of interest in the relevant matter, etc. So am not convinced at the moment about Italy?s victory. I personally do not like the song.

As concerns the Moon being in YOD with Pluto and Chiron I have not ideas what it would suggest.

Goca mentioned that Belarus might be a winner, but I doubt. Although Mars is a natural significator of heroes, rules the tenth house (fame) and is in a double ? bodied sign (associated with ?we?), Mars?s placement in the eighth house seems not to portray the lyrics. Belarus is a rank underdog priced at 150/1 and the chart seems not to support a country which has never won the contest, for the lord of hour Jupiter and the Moon are in firm signs.

I wonder what Mercury as the final dispositor of all the planets has to say. If the sign, which contains the planet first to aspect the MC, represents the winning country, then a Virgo country (which contains Mars, the ruler of MC) must be a winner. We have Greece and Switzerland; some they that Turkey is also under Virgo rulership but some associate it with Taurus.

Mercury, the final dispositor of all the planets and the almuten of the chart (sign and triplicity), rules the fifth, sixth and eighth houses and is placed on the cusp of the fifth. Greece Aphrodisiac perfectly portrays one aspect of the fifth house ? the lust (sex solely for the sake of delight) which is also associated with Mars (basic instinct). The relevance of the fifth is also emphasized by the Sun, the dispositor of the Moon, on its cusp.

Mercury is in a stake of Virgo Mars, the ruler of the MC, namely in the tenth sign from it which is a place of power according to Hellenistic and Arab tradition.

These testimonies make me think of Greece as a potential winner. These are my first thoughts, after second ones other conclusions might follow.

Thank you for the very interesting post, Janis. There is food for thought here! :'
Jupiter is conjunct Algol which fits Euphoria. Jupiter is in one of the stakes of Aquarius, the sign associated with Sweden, in Taurus, the fourth sign from Aquarius.
I am unfamiliar with the concept of stakes. Do you mean 'angular', i.e. 1, 4, 7, 10? That is rather an interesting idea on Jupiter and Algol you have there. I have seen Jupiter and Venus with Algol represent who loose their heads and get carried away with the situation. By the way, does anyone think that 'Euphoria' could be some sort of an anagram for 'Europia'?
As concerns the Moon being in YOD with Pluto and Chiron I have not ideas what it would suggest.
This is an intersting configuration because both Pluto and Chiron have elliptical orbits and are orbit crossers. In different ways they both symbolize energy releases; Pluto in a volcanic and transformative fashion, Chiron as a bridge between two worlds. The Moon in Leo as the focal planet in the YOD could be subject to some fireworks...

I am unfamiliar with the concept of stakes. Do you mean 'angular', i.e. 1, 4, 7, 10? That is rather an interesting idea on Jupiter and Algol you have there.

I have been rigorously studying Arab tradition rendered from Latin by Benjamin Dyke. A stake is an Arabian concept which Latin translators had rendered as an "angle". Here by a "stake" I meant the 4th, 7th and 10 th signs from a sign. For instance, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio are the stakes of Aquarius. This is in line with what Arabs understood by a "stake".

I have found the concept of stakes very useful in judging football charts and horaries as well.

Hello everyone in sport's forum!

Tempted by your conversation, I had a glimpse over the candidate songs.
I think the one that mostly fits moon's leo quality is the italian one:

a) nina zilli is the most famous singer in this competition
b) the song (and the way it is performed) talks about love in a playful way
c) singer's amy-whinehouse-hairstyle seems to be her most prominent accessoire in her appearance (=typically leo feature)

Moon's last aspect is with Sun (its dispositor) and next aspect is with venus, both in 5th house of love and flirts: l'amore (5H) e' femmina (venus)

greetings,
Georgia