Its funny recently on on of the other threads I mentioned the Beslan Russian terrorist shootings of a few years back and the latitude conjunction between Mars and Jupiter to be found then . Last night when the shootings started the latitude conjunction between Mars and Jupiter was exact again!!
mike c

Mumbai's Geodetic Contacts

The Sagittarius stellium now transiting inside the Geodetic Equivalent Fourth House (IC) of southern India is transiting towards a series of squares to the Geodetic Equivalent of southern India along the Virgo/Pisces axis where Saturn & Uranus are now in opposition. Uranus' stationary direct motion on November 27 will continue the stresses on southern India.

With Saturn on the GE Ascendant of India, and Uranus on the Pisces DC in the middle of a with Uranus moving to cross the 12-13 degree Virgo/Pisces axis of Bombay, (now called Mumbai, India) the orb of square from Pluto at India's IC at the anaretic fatal degree 29- ~ forced many people in Mumbai and southern India to assume roles of leadership caused by unexpected & sudden violent events on a large-scale. Failure of authorities there to properly handle the crisis will result in even more deaths.

The fixed star Antares is close enough to the GE/IC at 12 at Mumbai, and is within orb of influence of the current transits of the Sun, Mercury, and Mars to have effect.

The weeks, months, and next two years ahead for India, especially the southern regions, will continue to be violent, according to transits over this area. The strength of forces up economic and geopolitical stresses that will continue to make international news until things calm a bit in 2013. Until that time, the entire Southern Asian region will be rife with violent conflicts.

I've used Geodetic Charts since my earliest days of training in mundane astrology. They are extremely useful in forecasting large-scale events worldwide.
Theo

I thought it unnecessary to mention that India was ruled by Capricorn, but will do it all the same - just in case we are visited by astrologers or students who have not been working with the astrology of nations. Here is also the Astro*cartography chart for the Pluto ingress to Capricorn which puts Pluto on the ascendant of Mumbai (previously Bombay).
In this chart Pluto is on the lower Midheaven of Iceland.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi all, which chart are you using, Andrew? The 1950 elected one, with the mars in detriment in the 7th ruling? Which makes one wonder why anyone would elect a chart with a detrimental ruler? But perhaps it works better sidereally? Talking this over with a friend of mine, she mentioned how Mars in the 7th of the 50's chart is an indication of volatile relations with partners, i.e. India & Pakistan always being 'antsy'.

Am on the move (again) however, so may not be too close to my computer to keep an eye on the thread, but I wanted to say that I've noted moon/mars/north node connections with 'terrorist' attack charts. This horrific one in Bombay has moon rising in cancer (symbolic of old restaurants & hotels & world heritige VT train station) when the attacks started with mars in the Sag stellium; I use wide orbs with the moon so, to my mind, it is conjunct mars, i.e. moon = the people, and mars = the attack. I don't have the charts of 9/11 or 7/7 to hand, but this attack ranks up there with destabilising the people (thats also emphasised by the pluto into Cap and uranus on the i/c action) juding by the tidal wave of emotion pouring out of India right now. Attacks like this in Mumbai are abhorant and I pray that everyone finds a place in their heart to heal, forgive, and love their neighbours.

Thanks for the astro-carto-graphy of the pluto ingress Andrew - very helpful.

Hi all, which chart are you using, Andrew?
Are you refering to the relationship between Capricorn and India? This association is noted in Rex E. Bills 'Rulership Book', in Lilly's Christian Astrology or Horary Astrology by Barabara Watters, just to mention a few. Or maybe I got you wrong?
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew & Granny,
There are two charts for India, one is the time of independence and the other the proclamation of the republic of India. Both are really interesting, but in reference to the Libra Mars in 7th, I was talking about the latter.

I think I then confused the matter by talking about the event chart, when the shooting first started at Leo's (and this is really close to home for me, being the goa hippy chick that I am/was it was a favourite hang out during the 80's+90's, along with the Taj for dinner and Oberois bookshop). As far as I can make out the start of the seige is given at 21:15, this past wednesday the 26th nov 08. I was curious as to who these gangsters might be: Pluto is anaretic at 29'59 = the last throws of religious extremism would be a nice way of seeing that (thank you Eric Francis) and the moon is 23 scorp in the 5th = the attack was first to a place of entertainment. The target to kill foreigners (e.g. rabbi and wife) with the mars in sag, but because it was conjunct the moon it got mixed up with the moon population. That they also sprayed CS (akaVT) train station is also interesting as it was late at night, and most indians travelling that late are taking very long distance journeys, i.e. mercury in sag. Perhaps the three top cops being shot at a hospital could be pluto in the 6th? As always with events like this the information is bitty and confusing. Suffice to say that Mumbites are an amazingly philosophical people, who will take this dreadful event as a means to tranformation.

Granny, you say an astrologer was killed, and American? Are you going to look at his chart in terms of how a person's chart get triggered by outside events? Perhaps he could be seen as mercury in Sag in the chart. I suggest that we light a candle for him, and all those who have been affected, and send that light to help wherever it can....

Andrew Bevan wrote: Are you refering to the relationship between Capricorn and India? This association is noted in Rex E. Bills 'Rulership Book', in Lilly's Christian Astrology or Horary Astrology by Barabara Watters, just to mention a few. Or maybe I got you wrong?
It's a little older :)

Ptolemy in the second book of Tetrabiblos, in the chapter 3 "THE FAMILIARITY OF THE REGIONS OF THE EARTH WITH THE TRIPLICITIES AND THE PLANETS" writes
"India, Arriana, and Gedrosia, are connected with Capricorn and Saturn".

Have a nice day,
margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com