hi skyrack,

what is the basis for your time and date of the euro collapse? is it purely based on the mars/saturn conjunction that i have been talking about on the other threads here, or something more opaque? i am curious.. thanks.

Hi James,

I first looked at this question out of personal interest at the beginning of the year.

The conjunction of the malefics certainly seemed then to be a likely portender signalling the ultimate demise of the Euro.

I am aware that such conjunctions happen once every couple of years or so, and so from an astrological point of view we likely need to look for other indicators of stress.

From an economic point of view the timing seems to be playing itself out.
I expect a significant event to occur at or around the time of conjunction.

I also expect this event to be later viewed with the benefit of hindsight as the catalyst that ultimately led to the demise of the Euro whether within the space of a few days or a few years.

It may just be an escalation of the massive transfer of wealth from the "bailing out" of banks to the "bailing out" of sovereign countries.

Whatever form the event manifests as I expect this to be a pivotal moment in the unraveling of the Euro.

Others more adept at chart reading may like to ascertain the speed at which this unraveling may occur. My guess is once it starts it will be viciously fast.

Skyrack

Re: Mundane Challenge: The Euro Crisis

Mark wrote:Are you a prognosticator?

Are you tired of seeing astrologers describing events retrospectively rather than predicting them?

Do you feel you have the ability to predict a major event using your astrological knowledge? Have you seen an event in the news and thought..''I knew that was coming based on chart x?''

If so here is the first of what I will call our mundane challenges!

The Challenge question

''Will the Euro currency collapse and if so when?''

The Background

We are are all aware of the grave crisis facing the Euro currency. Its been an ongoing issue over the last few years and has kept intensifying. The Greek , Irish, Portugese bail outs have put the Euro under extreme financial pressure. The markets and credit rating agencies have now moved on to seriously question the sovereign debt liabilities of both the Italian and Spanish economies.

Some economists are predicting that the Euro will collapse under the weight of this sovereign debt which will prove too large to keep bailing out. Many German voters were unhappy with the scale of assistance needed to prop up the Greek economy. Will they and Angela Merkel really accept the far more dramatic sums required to keep Spain and Italy afloat in the long term?

This has led some economic forecasters to suggest that the poorer performing countries will need to leave the Euro altogether if it is to survive at all. There is also discussion of a Euro bond so that the debt of all the Euro economies is shared allowing the healthy German economy to pull up the Euro as a currency overall. Understandably, the German Chancellor and many German citizens are not keen on this idea.

Astrology charts

Lots of types of charts could be used to analyse this issue. National government, foundational ingress, quarterly ingress, eclipse, Jupiter-Saturn conj charts, pre-lunation etc. Its up to you.

To start us off here are two charts for the Euro.

Firstly, the chart for the launch of the Euro in 1999. Its located for Frankfurt , the financial HQ of the Euro rather than Brussels.
Secondly, the chart for 2002 marks the time the Euro became legal tender replacing national currencies in the Euro-zone.
Prediction required
Emphatic and clear to all. If you see the currency falling it would be good to see a prediction timed down to a month and even week. :shock: Equally, if you think it will survive please be clear.

Techniques

Feel welcome to use any and all techniques at your disposal from humble transits, to primary directions, solar returns, firdaria, progressions, solar arcs, profections etc.

Please dont feel the need to rush your response. A careful measured analysis is probably more useful.

Looking forward to your analysis! I know we have some talented financial astrologers out there. However, even if financial astrology is not your forte this issue seems a crucial one to answer astrologically.

Mark
Well Uranus-Mars transiting the DEC point to the EU shooting their own foot regarding Cyprus. Who will keep his money in Banks now? Not me. I dont trust them when they say "it wont happen here"

damon wrote:
moment of truth for EU approaching. I wonder what the EU and Euro charts spell ? Trouble?
Where have you been over the last few years? :shock:

Its been nothing but trouble! :( I have lost count of the number of emergency/crisis financial summits held by the EU.

Anyway, astrological insights on the ongoing crisis are still welcome.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:damon wrote:
moment of truth for EU approaching. I wonder what the EU and Euro charts spell ? Trouble?
Where have you been over the last few years? :shock: Its been nothing but trouble! :( I have lost count of the number of emergency/crisis financial summits held by the EU. Anyway, astrological insights on the ongoing crisis are still welcome. Mark
you mean those emergency meetings to schedule more emergency meetings? :D But the case with Cyprus sets a precedent. Imagine if people begin to draw out their money all over europe.Not to mention the EU has meddled with Russia

I provide a link to a very interesting article from Nicholas Campion in the recent edition of The Mountain Astrologer on the long running EuroZone crisis. Campion proposes re-evaluating our purpose and corresponding techniques in mundane astrology with an interesting philosophical perspective derived from platonic philosophy.

http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/the-e ... -astrology

I suggest we restrict our comments here to the Eurozone crisis itself. However, the deeper philosophical proposition raised by Campion raises very interesting issues. I propose to devote a whole thread to just.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly