Eddy wrote
You could also use the tertiary progressions of 1 lunar synodic month = 1 year. I don't look often at them because adding info often gives too much.
I think you are confusing tertiary with a minor progressions here. Tertiary progressions formula is one day=one lunar month of life. Its minor progressions that symbolically use 1 lunar month = 1 year of life.

Hence secondary progressions are the slowest system of progressions, tertiary intermediate and minor progressions the fastest.

The late Robert Blaschke wrote a very interesting book on all three systems of progressions which he integrated into a system of prediction in itself.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0966897803?tag ... MDH1P7KR7Y&

I have experimented with them all. As you mentioned though where do we stop? There are so many possible predictive systems in astrology its more a question of how much time we have to analyse rather than having the tools at our disposal.

Even before your post I was thinking that Ptolemy's system of monthly profections based on 28 days and 13 sub-periods throughout the year have a connection to the Soli-lunar synodic cycle. It made me wonder if Ptolemy, ever the astronomer, was selecting an astronomical cycle to time his profections rather than a purely arithmetical division by 12 following the signs. However, I see the synodic month is closer to 30 days so perhaps he had the sidereal or tropical month in mind as this is closer to 28 days?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Yes you're right, I should have said minor progressions. Speaking about speed order, perhaps they could be called quaternary progressions.
Mark wrote:Even before your post I was thinking that Ptolemy's system of monthly profections based on 28 days and 13 sub-periods throughout the year have a connection to the Soli-lunar synodic cycle. It made me wonder if Ptolemy, ever the astronomer, was selecting an astronomical cycle to time his profections rather than a purely arithmetical division by 12 following the signs. However, I see the synodic month is closer to 30 days so perhaps he had the sidereal or tropical month in mind as this is closer to 28 days?
I think he had the tropical month of 27.321582 days in mind, since his astrology is tropical. I believe some astrologers do something similar with the secondary progressions, calculating one sidereal day as one tropical year (which is therefore 366.25 sidereal days long). Note that the astronomical terminology 'sidereal day' is the time it takes for the equinox to return in the meridian and not a star.

Just a wee point I noticed lately looking at the event chart for the riots outbreak is that based on declination that debilitated Mars in Cancer was also the only planet 'out of bounds'.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Londinium

Hi, a few people might remember the chart that I suggested in this thread (Aug. 20th), Roman Londinium (see above).
That chart is based on the Aquarius-Octilogram of the year 47 (SUN at 15:00 Aqu.). (I explained the Octilogram in another thread.)

The forthcoming Olympic Games are definitely in favour of that chart (if I may say so ):
On the left the Octilogram, next to it the Day Chart (hope that's the right term) for July 27th, start of the Games:

SUN conj. IC basic chart
AC Day Chart conj. MC Octilogram (abbr.: OG)
and, more important: JU of Day Chart conj. AC OG.

Quite an amount of evidence, right?

LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

mini-correction: the time is 3-4 minutes earlier, so AC at 9-10 degrees GEM.
Further evidence:
Left: basic chart, right: Septar 2/1937 - 2/1944

When the "Blitz" came over London (late summer/autumn 1940), PL was conj. IC basic chart. The Londoners literally were forced to go "underground" (tube-stations). See the analogy in the Septar: SUN/MER/PL conj. IC.
A few days after the Invasion (6.6.'44) the first V1 rockets hit London - with UR in exact conj. with AC, basic chart.
Also the bombs on July 7th, 2005 can be traced in the chart (and in the corresponding Septar).
LL

Maybe, not many people will be willing to follow me here. But as it is a matter of no small importance let me add another hint confirming the London chart I mentioned above.
It is given here again together with the transits on the day of the execution of Cahrles I. Needless to stress that this was an event of profound meaning for England in general and London in particular.
SAT/PL conj. AC basic chart, SAT being very exact. In addition the opposing planets.

So, once again: the chart has a lot to tell.
LL

Hi Lunlumo,

I have no problem with your recent posts in terms of content. However, you have clearly moved away from discussing the London riots themselves.

Location wise therefore I think these kind of posts are more appropriate on the thread you created yourself on the technique you call The Octilogramme http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6304

Alternatively, you could create a thread on that time for the founding of Londinium or a general thread on London.

I haven't researched the Octilogramme for Roman London against key dates the way you have. Plus I dont mean to be disparaging of your interesting research but I do think we need to remember there is no certainty what year the Romans founded London. I am not stating I think you are wrong. Simply that this historical ambiguity should impose a bit of astrological caution in using this chart.

regards

Mark