Pankajdubey weote
The Duke has the title of 'Prince of Edinburgh' and has Sun in Gemini which coming under stress by the South node and will have a Lunar eclipse in Dec 2011 very close to his Sun- it would be interesting to watch how it affects the public in Edinburgh and see if the chart of Titular heads has any significance !!
You may be on to something there. I dont know if you are aware of this or not but the 1066 chart is one of the primary charts used for the the British royal family. No doubt because it dates back to the coronation of the first Norman King, William the Conqueror.

The Duke of Edinburgh has experienced poor health of late and is in his late 80's. I would recommend comparing his chart to the remaining ingress charts too. The Capricorn ingress looks quite grim. I had associated this with the economy but it may be worth another look.

While this topic is interesting its too off topic to be discussed further here. I suggest you start a fresh topic if you wish to pursue this.

Mark

Incidentally, there is no literal connection between Prince Philip and the city of Edinburgh. It is simply a honourific title conferred on him by the Queen. As a royal consort he has never taken the title of King.
Last edited by Mark on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Due to vacation I come as a late entry into this discussion.

Is there any possibility that the lunar eclipse of Dec 21. 2010 foreshadows the riots in Britain? There was trouble at the time with pressure on Cameron and the car of Prince Charles and Camilla being attacked on their way to a Royal variety show. The Sun and Moon were on the angles of London.

Astro*Cartography for Lunar Eclipse Dec 21. 2011
This eclipse prewarned / coincided with much turmoil, including the earthquakes of Japan in Dec 2010 and March 2011.

Conventional Chart for the Lunar Eclipse Dec 21. 2011, cast for London
In this chart both Mars and Pluto are in the first house. If directing the ascendant by the rate of 1? per month the ascendant would move from the body of Pluto in April and to the body of Mars in September 2011.

Another way of looking at it is by directing the eclipse at the rate of Solar arc, that is close to 1? per year. After 8 months (40' of arc being equal to 2/3 of a year) the Sun and Moon would change sign, and then be directed across the angles of the chart for the capital.

It is quite symbolic with the South node transiting the sign of Gemini at this point in time, Gemini being associated with London. Could someone check me on whether Lilly says that London is in particular associated with 19 Gemini ? If this were the case, then there would again be reason to point out the position of the Moon's South node, currently at 20 Gemini.

PS. I have Oslo down as 4 Cancer in my personal notes, which seems to have relevance in terms of the transit of Pluto and recent events in Oslo.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

There's also much to say for the moment of maximum eclipse. I believe it has been discussed before but apart from the geocentric perspective there are different maximum solar eclipse moments for any position where the eclipse is visible. Usually an eclipse starts at local sunset in the west and ends at local sunrise east from the first location with a long strip where the totality (when total) is seen. The difference between the maxima are then hours, but if visibility of the eclipse and moment of visibility of maximum eclipse is the rule then probably this should be the way to do it. (Does anyone remember any thread this was discussed in?) I personally don't mind whether an eclipse is visible or not, however the visible one probably is stronger.

The 21 December lunar eclipse is also interesting. Poor London had many eclipses on the Ascendant. So did South-Norway and Sweden.

Mark wrote:
The 22.20 chart is probably more accurate than the 22.30 chart on display as malefic Mars and Saturn are sitting directly on the angles.
Hi Greg,

I will happily change it if you can find me a source. :) Wikipedia seems quite unreliable. For example it cites the Tottenham post office being set on fire at 22:15 on Saturday the 6th. However, when you check the newspaper source this is linked to it states this occured at 11.15pm!

Mark

BBC gives the time as "about 22.20".
Two empty patrol cars were set alight at about 20:20 BST.

Cdr Stephen Watson: "We had no information to suggest that we would have the scale of disorder that now confronts us"

Shops in the area were looted, with people seen pushing away shopping trolleys full of goods. One local resident told the BBC that looting continued beyond daybreak on Sunday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14434318

After perusing the impressive Mars Cancer Ingress chart it seems a good idea to look at the Event chart for the original outbreak again. A 22.20 BST timing gives a closer relation between the Mars Ingress and MC/IC Event chart. Bearing in mind that the trouble started with the setting fire (MA) to two Police cars (MC) a 22.20 chart seems the best bet.

Greg
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Andrew wrote:
It is quite symbolic with the South node transiting the sign of Gemini at this point in time, Gemini being associated with London. Could someone check me on whether Lilly says that London is in particular associated with 19 Gemini ? If this were the case, then there would again be reason to point out the position of the Moon's South node, currently at 20 Gemini.
Welcome back. Hope you had a good holiday.

Interesting approach. The issue of how long a lunar eclipse lasts is a matter of opinion and praxis.

This eclipse was visible at the beginning of the total eclipse at 07.41am but it was daylight in London during the mid eclipse and at its end at 08.17am. Hence the eclipse was not visible at all at the time of the exact zodiacal opposition of the luminaries.

Here is the lunar eclipse cast for the beginning of totality at 07.41am:

Some consider a lunar eclipse only having an effect until a subsequent lunar eclipse. Personally, I think a lot this eclipse has already played out in the student protests in London last December. I also think we should give more focus to the solar eclipse on January 4th. This was the first visible solar eclipse in Britain for a long time. I already pointed out how it is linked to the pre-lunation chart of the riots. I have also come up with something else that is interesting in relation to the 1066 chart.

Still, I acknowledge the Gemini link to London is long established. According to this piece by the late Maurice McCann on Lilly's prediction of the Great Fire of London, the city is associated with the 14th degree of Gemini.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/fire.html
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi Mark!
Yes I see, here we are all doing retrospective catch up. But what for?
To learn astrology, to learn doing what a astrologer is doing, to look a little bit behind the curtain. To make forecast?!
All sense of the science is: to make prognosis!

I send this short example, not to invite everyone to post his forecast there. I wanted to invite everyone to use the old competency, the rules, and practice this in forecasting (only) for himself. If someone wants to tell this to others, so is this his decision .- But so everyone can test his competency as astrologer, without needing applause from outside!

Venus in 5
My know from experience, is that in Mundan Horoskops the planet is still in the house, no making use of the 5? rule by House border.

Meanings are used from the German writer Otto P?llner, which used abstracts (excerpts) from (old) english astrologers and also ancient source material.
But he did not always write down clear the kind sources. With a lot of investigation it will be possible to find the sources. I have not the time in the moment...

Wolfgang

Mark wrote:Andrew wrote:

Still, I acknowledge the Gemini link to London is long established. According to this piece by the late Maurice McCann on Lilly's prediction of the Great Fire of London, the city is associated with the 14th degree of Gemini.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/fire.html
Maybe, I see things differently, but isn't 19degrees of today the 14 degrees of 1666 !!

and bellatrix is hovering precariously close to this degree.

Lilly CA-III

M.C directed to left shoulder of Orion at 15.40 Gemini

"To the left shoulder of Orion, in 15.40. Gemini.

It produceth many Calamities and Wranglings, he shall fall into the Hate and cunning snares of his Adversaries, and unlesse he handle his affaires wisely, will be in danger of imprisonment, by the accusations and sinister
aspects of Secretaries, Atturneys, &c. receive Punishment and Infamy for forging or counterfeiting Writings, or clipping Coyne, or by meanes of false and dissembling, suggested Witnesses, or sinister Informations
"

So much fixed stars and precession :)

PD

Wolfgang wrote:Yes I see, here we are all doing retrospective catch up. But what for? To learn astrology, to learn doing what a astrologer is doing, to look a little bit behind the curtain. To make forecast?! All sense of the science is: to make prognosis!
In a matter like this I think we find ourselves as observers and script readers. We are attempting to monitor current affairs, understand our present time and discuss in whatever way such emperical observations may be rationalized, illuminative or in any way useful. It could be passing on information regarding something going on on the other end of the yardstick.
Meanings are used from the German writer Otto P?llner, which used abstracts (excerpts) from (old) english astrologers and also ancient source material. But he did not always write down clear the kind sources. With a lot of investigation it will be possible to find the sources. I have not the time in the moment...
That's OK, but leaves room for some catching up. Maybe later? :lol:

In a matter like this I think we find ourselves as observers and script readers. We are attempting to monitor current affairs, understand our present time and discuss in whatever way such emperical observations may be rationalized, illuminative or in any way useful. It could be passing on information regarding something going on on the other end of the yardstick.

I confess I feel as if this event really caught me napping. I think many UK astrologers may be feeling the same. What frustrates me is that I didn't really put the necessary work in on the relevant charts. Having studied them now I honestly believe this event or something quite similar was predicatable. The ingress charts, eclipse and national charts all showed something of this nature was indicated.

For example, take a look at the United Kingdom 1927 chart again.
Uranus was in partile conjunction to the IC by retrograde motion at the outbreak of the riots. The riots fit the symbolism of Uranus on the IC perfectly as unexpected , violent protests. Uranus in Aries is currently activating the the trine to Saturn in Sagittarius in the 1927 chart. In the radix 1927 chart Mars ruler of the IC and 12th house is square mercury (Lord 7 and whole sign ruler of the 10th). At the time of the riots transiting Mars was in partile conjunction to the 1927 Mars. In December during the student protests transiting Uranus was square the 1927 Mars.

The ingress charts this year have clearly shown Mars is strongly indicated in the events of the year. In particular the Aries ingress set the tone with Mars on the IC. Protests and opposition to government rule have always been indicated. Moreover, all these charts are Scorpio rising which occur in the 12th house of the 1927 chart. The Solar eclipse of January 4th occured in opposition to the 1927 Pluto. So did the pre-lunation chart. This eclipse also had a Uranus Jupiter conjunction square the Mars in the 1927 chart. Both the Lunar eclipse of December 21st and June 15th occured along the 1st-7th house axis of the 1927 chart. In the December lunar eclipse the Moon was very close to the Mars in the 1927 chart.

So where was my predictive work on all this before these events? :oops:

Mark

Getting back to the 1066 chart I thought I would post some additional charts for members perusal.

First of all I want to look at the profected 1066 chart. Profections are a useful predictive system that was very popular in ancient and medieval astrology. The idea is that for every passing year the chart rotates one house with a new house on the ascendant. In hellenistic, medieval and renaissance astrology they used profections to establish the 'Lord of the Year' for delineating the key planet in solar returns.

The original approach was based on whole sign houses and set out by astrologers like Vettius Valens. For example, using whole sign house with a Libra rising chart we would have a 10th house profection after 10 years leaving us with a Cancer rising chart. With the 10th house of the horoscope profected to the ascendant the year will have a 10th house quality and 10th house themes can be expected to emerge. The 10th house year profection delineation would also be varied depending on the placement of the planet(s) ruling this sign and the planets that fell in the house in the radical chart.

In later medieval astrology the focus moved to quadrant houses and planets and angles were profected by degree throughout the year as well annually through the houses. I have tended to use the earlier whole sign approach to date but I do think the profected chart based by degree is very interesting when applied to the 1066 chart.

Firstly, lets look at the profectional chart:
We see Capricorn is rising. So based on the 1066 radix this is a 10th house profectional year. Issues around government will be given particular focus. Looking at the MC we see Virgo is on the MC. So in regards government this year has a 6th house profection. Issues of drudgery and hard work predominate government agendas while the social underclass will come to government attention.

The profected ascendant is at 13 Capricorn. Ring any bells?
Is it just a coincidence that that the profected ascendant falls at the same degree in the zodiac as the solar eclipse of January 4th and the pre-lunation before the riots broke out? Astrology is founded on such coincidences!
Comparing the profected chart to the 1066 chart is very instructive. Saturn rules the 1066 Sun, MC, Mercury and Venus. It is located in the x 6th house. The profected Uranus is exactly conjunct the 1066 Saturn.

Mars is angular and conjuct the DESC highlighting a sense of conflict and confrontation. However, with the radical chart having Aries rising this adds a quality of the people themselves in conflict.

The Moon is going through the 8th house (quadrant) whilst it is square Saturn and the nodes.

The ascendant opposes the lot of fortune in the 1066 chart while Jupiter (Lord 12) is on the fixed star Algol emphasizing losing ones head and self undoing.
Mark

I am unfamiliar with profections, Mark, and am careful to wander too deeply into techniques where I am not adept, so I need some special guidance. This is what you appear to be doing: The UK chart for the coronation of William is cast for Dec.25 1066 and has a 22AR17 asc., according to Campion. This means that the UK is 2010-1066= 944 years old and 8 months, if I try to keep things simple and bring the calendary date up to Aug. 25. 2011. 944years is 78 cycles of the zodiac (12x78=936) with 8 years remaining. This means that the Ascendant in the 1066 chart is moved forward 8 signs to 22SG17 on Dec 25. 2010, and then there are the 8 months remaining. If the profected ascendant is moved through one sign in one year, this means the ascendant travels at the speed of 2? 30' in one month. So 8 months moves the ascendant 20? and the profected ascendant on Aug 25. 2011 becomes 12CP17? Am I about right? I have probably made a mistake, because our figures don't quite match - but I don't mind working through the mathematics at a basic level because the techinque is probably unfamiliar to many.

Some may argue that the rotation of the ascendant through the zodiac once every 12 years if a of too general kind and that phenomen like the riots in Britain, doesn't occur once every 12 years. But then what you are doing is showing how the profected ascendant contacts with a recent eclipse, namely Jan 4. 2011 (!!), this being the cause of a national crises involving the people and an uproar against the government. Is that about correct?

Could you fill me in on any differences? Thanks! :'

Hi Andrew,

Have to rush out to work but one clarification. I am not using 12:00 noon time for the 1066 chart as Campion and others have done. As I stated earlier in the thread in that time local time was purely solar mean time. So I think its more accurate to cast the 1066 chart for Solar Noon ie when the Sun is exactly on the MC. The operative time I am using is 12:05:18. This gives a later rising degree of 25 AR 13. I displayed the radix chart earlier in the thread.

As for the maths I confess I just lazily used my Solar Fire software without doing it by pen and paper. :oops: If there are any errors I am happy to walk the plank. :) Its always more tricky working with such old charts which are harder to check quickly. Ultimately, of course we dont know if this is an accurately timed chart either way so I probably could have selected a better example chart to display profections.

One thing I need to make clear is that there are two distinctly different types of profection chart. The older is whole sign and the sign on the ascendant only changes annually. This is the method Ben Dykes currently uses. In the later medieval method the angles are rolling along all the time. I understand Robert Zoller taught this method. I experimentated with the later method here but I confess I am much more familiar with the original hellenistic technique. The two techniques do lead to different results.

Margherita can probably clarify better than myself as she has written about the later medieval and renaissance profections on her blog.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.