Amazing Charts comparison of grandad and grandaughter

Hi I have just done a chart for my friends granddaughter and as soon as I had done it I could not believe my eyes. The chart of my friend and his granddaughter were so similar. There are 10 similarities which are as follows:1) Both have Scorpio ascendants. 2) Both Mars are in Scorpio 3)both Mars are in house 1. 4) both have Venus in Scorpio. 5) Both have Venus in house 1. 6) Both have Venus conjunct Mars in house 1. 7) Both have Moon in Cancer. 8) Both have Moon in house 9. 9)both have Moon trine Venus. 10)both have Moon trine Mars. Now am I correct in thinking that for two people to have the same ascendant that is a 12 to 1 possibility? If this is 12x12x12 nine times this comes to about 61 billion to one chances that would occur. Is this correct? Any comments are welcome. :-T Iwill give the details here grandad born TRABZON Turkey 39N00 - 41E00 @ 01.30am on 17th December 1940 Asc Scorpio 17.11 and baby girl Istanbul Turkey 41N01 - 28E58 on 1st October 2010 at 09.42 Asc Scorpio 8.48. I will try to post charts here in my next post though don't count on it being a success. I've tried it on the horary page but that was a yer ago.

Stan

Hi Stan,

Nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.
Iwill give the details here grandad born TRABZON Turkey 39N00 - 41E00 @ 01.30am on 17th December 1940 Asc Scorpio 17.11
I was about to display the charts for you but I have a problem with the data for the Grandfather. On that time you have given I get a Libra rising ascendant of 9.59 :???: Could you mean 04:30? Although that is still a bit out on the rising degree you give. The coordinates seem the wrong way round. My Solar Fire software gives 41N and 39.43E for Trabzon which is reversed from the coordinates you mention above. However, that only changes the ascendant by a couple of degrees. I therefore assume its a time recording issue.

Perhaps there were different local time differences in 1940 from what is currently used in Turkey (GMT+3 hours) although I cannot think it could be out by this much.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi again Mark! Sorry I didn't recognize you as our own Mark! THe 4.30 time could be right as I was not sure what the war time zones were but that could be right. If 17.11 Scorpio Asc is 4.30 that would be the correct one if I remember.

Stan

Hi Stan,
THe 4.30 time could be right as I was not sure what the war time zones were but that could be right. If 17.11 Scorpio Asc is 4.30 that would be the correct one if I remember.
Ok but even the 4.30am time only gives a rising degree of 15.20 Scorpio. Solar Fire normally accounts for things like daylight saving during the war. In any case Turkey was neutral in WWII and this is a winter chart!

So I confess I am confused. What time did you use when you calculated the chart yourself? Did you use software or do it manually?

To fit the rising degree you give the the birth time has to be 04:39:24 AM.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Konrad my friend, thank you sir! That solves my problem. I don't think that changes much from my original conception! :' So Mark if you want to delete all or any of the superfluous post we have made here, please feel free bud!
it will look much neater now since Konrad did the bizz.

Stan

To answer your question a few posts back Mark, that original chart I did for my friend was the pen and paper and calculator kind we older people used to do before computers with Astrology programs. God I remember when I got Mercury I had to purchase a Mac as that was the only OS that it could work on. Sigh. Them were the days! We used to calculate where each planet was one at a time and place it on the chart with a pencil. The chart seemed to come alive with every planet being marked in. I can remember as if it were yesterday when my first computer generated chart happened in a flash. Do you know Mark I used to calculate all the chart again by hand to make sure the computer didn't get it wrong. It took me a few weeks to be able to trust the computer. :-T

Stan

PS anyone commenting on my discovery in my first post would be terrific!

c'mon people here 147 views and no comment? Mark what do you think? Konrad what do you think? I make it 61 billion to one chance. Am I wrong in thinking this is a wee bit of a co-incidence? Perhaps the aspect odds are not quite 12 to 1. But surely there is some way to work it out. Andrew Bevan my hero what do you say Sir? Is this section always so slow? I mostly/always post on the Horary section but I didn't think it was pertinent to a horary post.
Put me out my misery please somebody.

Stan :-?

Honestly, I think the charts are very different rather than very similar. One is a dirunal chart, one is nocturnal. The Lots of Fortune and Spirit are different. The rulers of the soul and intellect are different, although Mars is the Almuten of the ASC in both it is in a different solar phase as is Venus. Jupiter is co-present with the ASC in one chart and not the other. Saturn is cazimi and exalted in the second one. Mercury is under the beams in both but in thesecond one is in its chariot and the first one in its detriment, just to list a few.

I find it slightly interesting that there seems to be some "familial links" in the sign positions and in the divisions of the signs but I think their lives will be expressed very differently.

Interesting topic. Have a look at the charts of Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky who are not blood relatives: Both have Libra rising, Leo sun, Taurus Moon, Fortune in Cancer (Bill's is actually in the last degree of Gemini but I believe it's really in Cancer) and Spirit in Capricorn.

Monica: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Lewinsky,_Monica
Bill: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Clinton,_Bill

Nevertheless, strong synastry between children and their parents can be one of the key factors that "proves" astrology "works".

For example, I have Gemini rising and ruler Mercury in the 10th degree of Aquarius - exactly the same degree as my mothers natal Saturn. My sister has Scorpio rising with Mars and Venus in scorpio - Venus in the 10th degree.