Sagittarius and travel

Hi I just read this about Sagitarius in astrology x files:

"Also, because this place is in aversion to Cancer and Taurus (the exaltation and house of the Moon), it does not see where it belongs, nor does it care. This is why Sagittarians are often fond of travel. To Sagittarians home is "where you hang your hat". There is also a great release from the underlying tension and mistrust of Scorpio. This is a place of joy and gratitude. "

However I think the same applies to Gemini,as Taurus and Cancer fall in 12th and 2nd.
But with Leo in 3rd, Gemini tends to focus on short travel. Oddly these are the only two sign with Leo in the the houses they own

I remember Benjamin Dykes saying in a workshop that the idea that Sagittarius being linked to travel is not found in medieval astrology.

He suggested it was a purely modern association. Having said that I do find the association has some validity in my experience.

When it comes to travel indications in ancient astrology I am more aware of emphasis on planets or houses than signs. Hence the planet Mars and the cadent houses (3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th) were all linked to travel. Sometimes the 7th house too.

I haven't seen the source for linking Sagittarius to travel in ancient astrology. However, the analogy by Curtis Manwaring is interesting.

There is an argument for linking all the mutable signs to travel if you look at the Thema Mundi where the cadent WSH in the Thema Mundi are ruled in zodiacal order by the mutable signs of Virgo (3rd), Sagittarius (6th), Pisces (9th), Gemini (12th).
However, the association is stronger for Gemini and Sagittarius since these are in aversion to the ASC of the Thema Mundi (Cancer).

Looking at the analogy by Curtis in terms of the domicile and exaltation of the Moon I agree this state of aversion applies to both Gemini and Sagittarius.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I agree about the houses Mark.
I have a cousin with Sun rising in Sagitarius and only recently at age 54 did he show an inclination for travelling,and even then only neighbouring countries.
He has Saturn rising too,that may also be a reason. He isnt typical happy go lucky Sagitarius

Still I fail to understand " he doesnt see where he belongs".
Im sure Sagitarius like any other people know where they belong or where they were born. Im not sure what the author is getting at.?!

With Aries on the ascendant- Sagittarius and Jupiter take the 9th house/sign of long distance travels(modern).

Personally, I have had to change residence/city/country every three to four years since age 13 !!
I like different people,different accents,different ideas- not accepting all and not conforming either,but absorbing it and putting it in the knowledge bank.

Having travelled so much, I am not a city explorer but a region explorer where I travel a thousand kilometers only get plonked there for a period of time,get bored and move again.

To me, knowledge banks,dictionaries and encyclopedias are more important rather than usual textbooks.

As to the statement- he does not not know where he belongs- a sagittarian belongs to the next place he is heading for :)

PD