Madam, may I have your date of birth?

Oh this is funny! I have just had a client on the phone who asked me to help her with her chart. We got halfway into the reading and then suddenly she confessed to have being lying about her real age. In fact, according to herself, she was four years older than the time she provided.

Now how on Earth was lying about her real age supposed to help me?

The Lady had her Sun in Gemini - or at least we think!

Women... :-?
http://www.astronor.com

The horary chart cast for this moment had the Moon in Sagittarius intercepted in the 4th house applying to the sextile of Saturn through signs of long ascension. In this way she was trying to hide and conceal (intercepted in the 4th house) her real age (Saturn).

A bluff made by the Moon in Sagittarius? :lol:

Real age

Its better to look younger and just say that women do not have to tell their age. That way, no one knows. Unless of course your thirty year old son shows up with your grandchildren.

On the serious side, in other and ancient societies older people of both sexes were admired for their knowledge. It is very sad that we have to lie about our age in order to feel valued as human beings.

Hahhaha, this is just too funny! I really like this woman! Does it get any funnier than this?!

('tho, I agree with Debbie, that ageism has turned the lives of many people into misery!)

Can you share the chart of the moment with us, it could be a really useful example for Horary astrologers!?

I'm still laughing! :lol:

This would be a good chart to apply the thought interpretation techniques in Ben Dykes recent translation The Search of the Heart. Could you post the data of the time of the consultation or the horary chart, if that's different?

I'm looking at this chart right now! Thank you for sharing it with us, Andrew!

I really like analyzing old charts with known outcomes and this one qualifies, more or less, as one - it is always fascinating to see as to how deep into the detail a chart can actually go. But, obviously, it is hardly ever possible to unravel every single symbolism found in a chart so we usually stick to the most important and most relevant facts at least when it comes to horary charts.

What I thought would be interesting to look for in this chart are strong signs of warning and, oddly enough, there aren't many- except for the retrograde motion of Saturn. But, on a second thought, it isn't all that surprising because, in the end, you did find out the truth and was able to bring judgement based on the chart cast for correct date so, technically, your reputation was not in a huge danger (and with angular luminaries and the Sun on MC, i am really not surprised it all turned out fine in the end).

Still, something that would certainly get my attention is this conjunction of L1 with another planet!
When I see such a placement, unless the planet that is conjunct the ruler of the Ascendant is the Lord of the Quesited and unless it naturally fits the story (a married woman asking a question about a lover, a planet that describes the current state of mind of the Querent etc.), my first thought is usually that the Querent is not telling me the whole story. A planet so powerfully (and directly) influencing the ruler of the Querent must be representing something that the Querent is strongly preoccupied with. In such cases I tend to be very persistent in my attempts to unravel the meaning of the conjunction by asking all sorts of different questions (the natural symbolism of the planet is usually the key).

In this chart the ruler of the woman is actually conjunct another planet- Venus. And they're both positioned inside the rulership of Venus.
So, whilst the placement of the Moon could be suggesting that the woman decided to contact an astrologer for the purpose of getting some useful informations regarding the 4th house matters (or the 9th house maters because that is where her ruler went), the bodily aspect with Venus was clearly suggesting a very strong influence of this planet.

L1 is actually placed inside the rulership, triplicity AND term of Venus, and it is in a partile conjunction with it: all this sounds like a strong suggestion of preoccupation with matters of the nature of Venus- beauty, femininity, romance, another female person etc. This is even additionally supported by the fact that L1 is exalting another female planet- the Moon (femininity, fertility, motherhood, aging-reproductive age etc.). This need to present her female side in the best possible light was obviously too strong and too big to leave any space for realistic (and, perhaps, in her eyes, less impressive) facts. So she lied.

The Sun on the MC is actually quite interesting too- Medium Coeli is the place where the secrets become public and it is somewhat strange to see such a strong indication of the secrets being revealed unless secret activities were the Querent's main concern. Note that the sun can only cast an applying out-of-sign aspect onto cadent Neptune from there (secrets).

Retrograde Saturn was obviously a 'good candidate' for lies :) and so, it took you a while to crack the false story. The symbolism is flawless even in this case- Saturn is exalted in the rulership of Venus. :))) But, this benevolent partile aspect with the Moon was obviously very helpful.

Very interesting!

Cheers, aglaya
Last edited by aglaya on Thu May 19, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello

What an interesting thread :lol:

Thank Aglaya for writing your thoughts on the chart.

The Sun + MC you talked about also has Algol there.... maybe it's the star of lying about one's age lol

To add to the good stuff you wrote, Aglaya, about Venus, it rules the 3rd of information -- how appropriate! In this case, information which has undergone Aphrodisian cosmetic surgery only to have the surgery called off halfway through the operation :lala

I am glad the client was honest in the end, Andrew, and thanks for telling us about this...... the Sun is shining on it now :)

Regards

H.

handn wrote:Hello

To add to the good stuff you wrote, Aglaya, about Venus, it rules the 3rd of information -- how appropriate!
:' true! The astrological symbolism never fails! :D

And, I agree about the Sun- the bigger luminary ruling the 12th and occupying the 10th (even applying into a square with Neptune) was an obvious announcement of a secret coming to the surface. :) Very interesting situation!

Consider the casualness of the Moon in Sagittarius (- Apt to practical pranks and no one will ever mind). I suggested to the woman that the chart involved a hidden secret. The Moon applies to the lord of the 5th, so obviously she had a need for self-affirmation and wanted to appear more attractive in the eyes of the opposite sex and a potential lover. Algol in the South indicates a irrational relationship to dealing with appearances, often through immitations and illusions.