Brady's threefold manifestation of events in prediction

I remember from my days in "modern astrology" that I used to love Bernadette Brady's approach to astrology, especially the predictive part.
Recently out of curiosity I throw an eye back to her book "Predictive Astrology: the eagle and the lark", and her threefold approach of delineating events made me think about and ask my self if this is true and workable approach, and whether we can use this approach with the traditional techniques we have in our disposal.

In brief, her approach is like this.
The natal place of the transiting planet shows the area where the event comes from, in a way, the primal cause of the whole happening.
The house through which the transiting planet travels shows where the event is being manifest.
The rulerships (of the transiting and transited planet) shows the consequences, the areas of your life affected by these events.

Now, I know that in traditional astrology Transits are - not unimportant but - not on the top of the predictive hierarchy as in modern astrology.
What I want to ask for opinions here is, can we translate this into the other techniques as well? And, is this approach workable looking back into your experience as predictive astrologer?

On which techniques we could translate this approach?
Probably on Solar Revolutions where certain planets who have special chronocratorship in that particular year (like the Lord of the Year, Distributor and its Partner, Firdaria ruler and its partner and etc.) would make certain relationship with a planet [or point] in the natal chart where the revolution planet could be regarded as a transiting planet in the system of Brady mentioned above.

So, for example I have LOY Mars [falling in natal 7th by division) making trine relationship with my natal Moon in 4th, while, let's say, Mars in natal falls in 3rd.
Could we apply Brady's method and say that:
1. The cause of the event will be some 3rd house matter, because the transiting Mars from the revolution, in natal has a 3rd house position, also 4th because of the Moon.
2. 7th house will be the Arena where the event will be manifested because Mars from the revolution falls in 7th in natal.
3. Mars rules 10th and 5th in natal, Moon rules 1st. So these houses will show the consequences, the places of life where the effects will be shown.

So, to summarize according to the method:
"Because of a short journey (3) or house/family matters (4), event will happen in the field of your relationships (7th). This event will have effect on your career (10th) and children (5th)."

The nature of the planets will show the type and nature of the event and people involved.

So, what do you think? Can we approach it like this?

P.S. I think Robert Hand was making connections between Aristotle's Causes and natal house-rulership relationship, where the house or planet in house shows the primal cause and the ruler of that house [and hence planet in the house] is showing the final cause.

Bernadette Brady

I was so glad to see your post. I bought The Eagle and the Lark when it was first published, and it was the ONE book that clarified predictive astrology for me. I even reviewed it for Amazon. It was a complete course in predictive astrology, as far as I was concerned. No matter which "school" or type of astrology you practice, this book is a must-have. At the least, it will add a new perspective on anyone's practice or studies.
I hope it remains in print forever !!
Patti

The Eagle and The Lark seems to be a popular book amongst a lot of astrologers even today.

However, it was written a long time ago and Brady has since taught a course on medieval astrology herself. I suspect her approach has changed quite a bit since she wrote The Eagle and The Lark.

I attended a workshop in London a few years ago with Bernadette where she was teaching not just firdaria, but also profections and triplicity lords as predictive tools.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly