but him being there shows you having possession of the apartment; not something you want when the question was about someone else taking it on.
You have a point there, I agree. But still, while it may not go by May 12th, there are still a lot of positives in the chart that can incline towards a "Yes" - or at least I hope.

In the meantime, no one has called for the past two days... :(

Maybe I'll re-paint the studio or something to make it more attractive...

Haha, yes that might work!

The chart for me is more a "not at the moment" rather than a "no way!". I don't really bother too much with strict time-frames within the question unless there is an external deadline already present in the situation but I think it unlikely that you'll never get a tenant. One word of advice though, be extra careful picking that person as the opposition can manifest as a "wish I hadn't bothered" sort of scenario.

Taurus7,

Inquiring minds want to know, did the potential renters show up and rent?

Or did the Translation of Light block this?

Or did you have to re-adjust the rent price?

May 12th was the 4 weeks deadline from the horary you know.

Clinton,
You must be psychic or something!! :D
As it so happened, no one called except one 31 year old young man. He is an auto-mechanic; very good manners, and intelligent enough to succeed in finding a way to have me reduce my rent price from $800 to $700. In retrospect, I think, in fact, this is fair and probably was the right thing to do since so many people came but did not call back. Anyway, things moved pretty fast after that, and he wanted me to seal a one year lease, and wanted to move in right away. I've asked for two reference letters (I know one of you warned me against trickery), proof of employment, and one month's security deposit, all of which he is providing me this Saturday and planning on moving in June 1st. The deal, was, in fact, sealed today, May 19th, one week after the four weeks of the horary. While anything can go wrong from now until Saturday, however, I think this one already has the deposit money, he wants to invest in a carpet in the studio and split the cost with me, and he is very interested. I don't think this one is going to fall through.
Now what is interesting is that I had originally priced the apartment at $700 maybe a year back. At the time, no one really came, I didn't really actively pursue putting the studio up for rent and then eventually just dropped the idea because I got busy with other things. So, maybe the retrograde planets were indicating the price of the studio going back to what it was?
What is further interesting is that the 7th house has Aries on the cusp, ruled by Mars in dignity. Now this young man is strong and quite handsome :D . He's just broken up with his girlfriend so looking to move out ASAP. He works with cars (works with steel, fixes "hot" metal; i.e cars, etc.). I recall someone mentioning earlier that the graduate student who I originally thought would take the apartment did not fit the description of Aries on the cusp and Mars in dignity. I think he fits the description of the 7th house quite well.
So (unless things change again by Saturday), this horary did get perfected, albeit one week late.

I'm thrilled; he wants to take one a one year lease. While the rent is $100 a month less than what I expected, but it's still not bad at all!

Any thoughts? Any warning signals? Thanks very much.

- Taurus7

Konrad,
Thanks. Yes, I am a little concerned about that opposition myself. My tenant asked if I would do a one year lease but I said no, let's wait 3 months to see how it goes, and then we can consider it. As you can see, I am trying to take into account the little warning bells and whistles that the horary had. I'm giving myself a 3 month time frame to see how it goes, and I think the potential opposition may manifest in that time frame. Will keep you updated if something goes wrong.

Hello Taurus7

Glad to hear that you had some forward movement about renting out your flat! I hope things work out. This development does sound more promising.

Also wanted to add my gratitude for the updates you've brought back to the thread. So valuable to watch how reality pans out and relate it back to the chart.

Regards

H.

If this puts an unwelcome or unwanted damper on things, just ignore it, but you asked about warning signals, which are pretty strong I think, so I thought I'd weigh in.

First of all, besides the Asc. being in the via combusta, Venus is in the worrisome 6th and rules the even more ominous 8th. And regardless of any possible extenuating circumstances specific to this particular situation, Saturn is in the first, which almost always says BEWARE because there is some important information the querent is unaware of, and IMO that information is that you'll have a very hard time getting the rent money from this tenant.

Why is this? First of all, I used the 6th for the tenant because IMO the most important thing is what kind of tenant he'll make, regardless of whether you're able to close the deal or not (7th for buyer & seller situation). So using Jupiter as the tenant, he's not only peregrine but combust the Sun, and his placement right on the 7th is even more scary if we go by Lilly's rules that thieves are represented by peregrine planets on angles.

But perhaps the strongest caution for me is that the tenant's money is represented by Mars (2nd from 6th/tenant), which is in opposition to Saturn/the rental place, and they're in each other's detriment/fall. In other words, as far as his money and the rental place are concerned, never the twain shall meet!

So even though the Moon/you eventually trines Jupiter/tenant and Sun/11th/your wishes, which seems to substantiate that yes you'll be able to get your wish of renting the place to him, in the end it may be a case of being sorry what you wished for, since the main significators and their relationships with each other are all so ominous (IMO) in this situation.

Also, the fact that this potential tenant wanted a lease involved seems very suspicious to me and just substantiates the possibility he may be a bad prospect and perhaps trying to make it harder for you to evict him if and when that time comes. I also think it's great you didn't fall for it, but I would be leery of going along with ANY lease, even a 3-month lease.

So that's my 2 cents (perhaps best sung to the tune of Elvis's song "Suspicious Minds" lol).

Anyway, best of luck whatever you decide.

Correction: Scratch the part about the lease maybe making it harder to evict the potential tenant; on further investigation it's probably just the opposite, assuming it's a good lease. But I would still be very careful about this tenant, which it sounds like you already are with just the 3-month lease.

If this puts an unwelcome or unwanted damper on things, just ignore it, but you asked about warning signals, which are pretty strong I think, so I thought I'd weigh in.
Carol,

Sorry for the late response, didn't get a chance to get to Skysript for the past few days. I do thank you for your two cents, and will be all the more careful. The lease is actually month to month, so there's no 3 month tie-in. There are quite a few warning signals that you mention. I will take another look at the horary. But I'm curious. would those warning signals apply equally (or thereabouts) if the tenant is represented by the 7th?

Thanks again.
- Taurus7

would those warning signals apply equally (or thereabouts) if the tenant is represented by the 7th?
Taurus7,

I'd say basically yes because that big one, Mars Opposed Saturn, still applies along with their nonreception of each other, as though there's just something about the tenant/7th/Mars that is going to have a real hard time working out with the rental place/4th/Saturn. It looks like Mars also opposes Asc./you, which of course doesn't seem to be a good omen either.

Plus, I'm also a little leery of Mars/tenant being in his own weak 12th, even though from another point of view it might make sense being in the radical 6th (established tenant).

And even though Moon makes that seemingly positive sextile to Saturn/4th, Moon in Saturn's detriment also seems to suggest there's something about the whole situation (chart activity/Moon) that's to the detriment of the rental place.

I'm so curious now what's really going to happen with this tenant, even though I may end up with egg all over my face :lol:

Moon's besieged in this chart, which is another big red flag. Besiegement - last separating aspect from a malefic, next applying aspect to a malefic.

It doesn't look like it'll end well.