Tanit wrote:

I have sort of the flipped version
The two of us will probably never stop finding similarities in our charts. :D

I have the 4th ruler placed inside the 10th in my Natal chart only, in my case, it is not in the sign of its detriment. My 4th cusp begins in Scorpio and Mars is placed Gemini. The Sun and the Moon in my chart are not in aspect (quincux) whilst my parents are very connected. I believe that this placement describes their relationship almost literally- my father has always been under my mother's influence although he is a much more down-to-earth type of person. She has made quite a few mistakes (financially in the first place) and each time, it was with his blessing. Many people notice this- not only does he support her but he actually believes that she is right even when whatever it is that she has in mind at a certain moment makes no sense at all. A clear example of the ruler of the 4th inside the 10th (although, not in the rulership of the L10. But in a trine with the cadent Moon).

Another interesting thing is that i usually either find boyfriends whos profession is either a clear example of Mars in gemini (sports coach for young people - a martial activity + education, a person working in aviatics-unoform+transport etc.) OR self-employed men (they are represented by the 7th and the 4th is their turned 10th and its ruler went into their turned 4th-they work at home or are their own bosses).

marsipan wrote: Yuriy,

My Mercury wouldn't be considered strong either, combust Sun in Libra, 8th house. I have one of "those horrible" types of charts, that a few astrologers have tried spooking me about lol. The "strongest" part of my chart might be Mars, in Aries but retrograde. It squares Saturn (Asc ruler/co ruler), so technically speaking some would considerate it worse because of its strength.

Personally I believe in (atleast some) free will, so I'm not bothered by this. I still have a major interest in astrology, and I like this forum. I appreciate it. :)
I wouldn?t buy that ?free will?, rather rely on fact that your Jupiter is an angular planet and it?s in sect (diurnal chart), so it?s active. Some successful artists have Venus in Aries or Scorpio, for instance.
I have different but relevant situation. My strong Saturn in Aquarius sits in 4th and its ruler. And with Leo MC suddenly Saturn becomes an almuten of MC ? owns term and face at MC, while Sun is peregrine. So far, after 45 I see tendency to be sole proprietor?
My hope is that Saturn culminates at Libra AC and in close trine to it.

Yuriy wrote:
marsipan wrote: Yuriy,

I wouldn?t buy that ?free will?, rather rely on fact that your Jupiter is an angular planet and it?s in sect (diurnal chart), so it?s active. Some successful artists have Venus in Aries or Scorpio, for instance.
Planets can be very active but that does not mean that the Nativity can stop being active- the lack of use of free will will eventually turn all the good promises into a series of slipped opportunities. WE can actually chose not to use the potential - be it our talents, lucky coincidences, intellect. ;-)
This often reminds me of the old joke in which a man prays and asks God to help him win a lottery prize and God promises him that he will. 20 years later the man asks God the same question again and says- Why haven't I won, you promised that I would?" and God replies - "But, how could have I, you never bought a lottery ticket!"

Cheers, aglaya
Last edited by aglaya on Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aglaya wrote: Planets can be very active but that does not mean that the Nativity can stop being active- the lack of use of free will will eventually turn all the good promises into a slipped opportunities. WE can actually chose not to use the potential - be it our talents, lucky coincidences, intellect. ;-)
This often reminds me of the old joke in which a man prays and asks God to help him win a lottery prize and God promises him that he will. 20 years later the man asks God the same question again and says- Why haven't I won, you promised that I would?" and God replies - "But, how could have I, you never bought a lottery ticket!"

Cheers, aglaya
Some people at astroforums just rely on some more experienced astrologers opinions of where that ?free will? should be applied, base on native?s chart. And that?s where people start to sacrifice the natural potential of their charts, using will power to act against potential. Or, even with some achievements still being unhappy?
My assumption is just that man had some planet in cadent house, that?s why he was hesitating of buying ticket. :D

I have Aries MC. The ruler Mars is in 4th in Scorpio. It is not exact opposition, but it is an opposition by house.
As some have previously said I can agree with the statement that this can indicate a 'home business' or working something in your home, having a business which include terms like 'yours', 'home', 'the tribe' and etc.
In my case, I'm a singer/songwriter, and much of the time I spent in my home studio where I live. But because the nature of Mars is pushing forward, I have a strong passionate desire to be seen out there up on the Mid of the Heaven. So, all has to be taken in to account: the nature of the sign, the nature of the ruling planet, the nature of the sign in which the ruling planet is and etc. Everything in the chart is related, everything is One.
Hope this helps :)

I agree with Julie. Astrology require very well developed intuition, or being able to live for a moment in the chart which you're looking it. Though, knowing the person personally is the best variation, because you can sense and live with the energies around you, and you can make connections and give insights.
Forums are not best for asking Chart kind of questions, but as a 2nd option they can help, though they can also put one on different (and wrong) track with answers from logical thinking only and things read in Astrology Cookbooks or Astrology Phantasy Novels as I use to call the Astrology Booklets in which one can find answer of what Jupiter in Aries means and what is your fate with it.
One must developed an inner thinking and reflection on his own life approaches, life attitudes, and especially on the events with which life is striking us, and we are trying to undo all of that, and most important - how he handle all of this.
Remember, no one knows your chart better than you, just because no one knows you better than you know your self.