Sunny Dawn said
Venus debilitated in Scorpio is almost always married or in some sort of liaison,
I'm obviously the exception that proves that rule. I have Venus in Scorpio retrograde and combust and I am almost never in any sort of liaison- marriage or otherwise. :(

SD also says
in my experience. Venus in Scorpio is so image-conscious and envious of others that she doesn't accept the low status of being single very long.
Venus in Scorpio is indeed image concious but it depends on rest of chart again - rest of mine says 'since when is being single low status?' In my case combined with what I say below it says - can't be seen to lower standards and compromise with less than perfection. ;-)

I am more inclined to agree with Tanit
Marriage in a woman's chart is more so centered on the placement of the Sun and Mars,
My Mars ( before it went retrograde by progression and generally gave up on everything) in Leo in 7th in T square with Neptune and Moon summed up exactly my approach to relationships- always infatuated with something I couldn't have, and if I couldn't have exactly what wanted I rather have nothing at all. Not good- (but I still love my bad**** Mars). :twisted:

So I would say, boxbe, that looking at just Venus alone definitely won't give a complete answer.

And the fact that you say you lost everything implies you had things to lose which meant that there must have ben positives in the chart to start with
- I agree with what Aglaya says
I am more inclined to believe that they are caused by a strong stressful influence of malefics in the natal chart of the person and triggered by a powerful direction or progression..
So things could get better again when such phases pass.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts