On the Nature of Time

Time is Geocentric.

Time is totally premised on the earth's axis of rotation. This is built into DNA as clock genes ... the rotational cycle itself is called 'day' then the barycentric rotation -- the month - and the revolution about the central star -- the year.

The rotational axis also does a 26K year spin, the precessional cycle. And within this is a perturbation called the chandler wobble ... which when you think about it, looks like the ptolemaic epicycles. May be this is the kinesthetic foundation for the ptolemaic universe and a great argument for the geocentric astrology -- I suggest the other planets in the system have gravitational/magnetic effect on earths axis of rotation which is ultimately the how of astrology.

Before the solar system & earth therein were 'invented' from the surd, some 9 billion 'years' after the big bang -- there was space, but no time. time being geocentric -- you need a geo for it to happen. Einstein's theory posits that time slows down w/speed of light & distance from earth. This is why ... time is an product of this planet's activity. spin &c.

physicists posit 9 or 27 hidden dimensions -- the area of dark matter & energy -- dark because we aren't equipped to perceive it.

There is a theory around I find intriguing -- biocentric -- space and time being "inventions" of our dna ... constructs -- sort of like certain vibrations are interpreted as sound while another class get perceived as light.

Other cosmic systems do not necessary inhabit the same dimensions of space & time as we do ...

Different entities have different rates of rotation and different axial angles to central star and a whole set of other possible moons & satellites which would define its 'days' months and years

Time is not uniform throughout the universe.

I agree with this. I don't think time is uniform even on earth. I see the planets as time lords, or perhaps a better term would be time messengers, each with a different time experience to carry and impart. So Moon time is fast, Saturn time is slow, whereas Uranus time is instantaneous (as when your life flashes before you in a car crash) and Neptune time is eternal ( e.g. our experience of loss of conciousness).
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

Time is Geocentric.
Not sure how this topic relates to astrology. You're mentioning scientific terminology in your post so if it's mean to be scientific then time is not geocentric. Time is not relevant to us observing it here on earth. Time is neither geocentric, nor helioscentric, nor any other centric.
This is built into DNA as clock genes ... the rotational cycle itself is called 'day' then the barycentric rotation -- the month - and the revolution about the central star -- the year.
It isn't.
Circadian rhythm has been discovered in the red blood cells. This is important because, notably, red blood cells do NOT contain DNA.
The rotational axis also does a 26K year spin, the precessional cycle.
This isn't a rotation, it's a wobble that inscribes a circle every 26k years or so.
I suggest the other planets in the system have gravitational/magnetic effect on earths axis of rotation which is ultimately the how of astrology.
The gravitational force of the bed upon which we were born has a greater force than the gravitional force of say, saturn. Gravity is unlikely to be the force behind astrology and astrologers would be wiser to not postulate such forces as the source of astrology.
time being geocentric -- you need a geo for it to happen.
Again, time is not geocentric. You do NOT need any 'geo' to have time. Time and gravity are one of the universe's mysteries, but we already know that time is not uniform and that mass affects it, and for that matter gravity.
Time is not geocentric. We just MEASURE time arbitrarily via the cycles of the solar system.
Einstein's theory posits that time slows down w/speed of light & distance from earth. This is why ... time is an product of this planet's activity
Non-sequitor.
Time isn't even uniform throughout the planet. At different places throughout the surface of the earth time will be perceived slightly differently.

On Time

Time exists independently of Earth. Our perceptions and measurement of time are geocentric. But space and time are co-dependent, and would exist with or without Earth in the mix.

I can occupy the same time as you, but not in the same space; or, I can occupy the same space as you, but not at the same time. Time and space together define a Moment.

Time requires motion to become manifest. In Einstein, c2 is the "speed of light squared;" speed implies motion through space over time. Because the speed of light in his equation is the constant, it must be intimately and inextricably involved with the manifest universe -- the equation deals with the relationship of energy and matter. Therefore, space and time exist with or without the Earth, for the Earth has not always existed as a manifest body and it will someday cease to exist while the universe continues its journey through time and space.

Time may or may not "be the same" in different locatiions, at different speeds, or as perceived by different beings, but that does not negate the reality of time. If we say "time is relative" that may well be true; but the statement deals with time, relative or not, and time is a reality in its own right.

We do not, and probably cannot, know the nature of time. But we can "see" it in operation in all things, in all places (black holes may be an exception, but I personally have never visited one). My perceptual reality says that time exists, whether or not I know its nature, and most of the laws of nature, expressed mathematically, involve time as an essential element.

That animals have biological clocks is clear. When you are shrimping in the Gulf of Mexico in the summer months, sitting on a low stool busily working the shrimp on the deck of your boat on a warm night, and very suddenly and without provocation a Blue Crab attacks you viciously, you know without consulting your Rolex that it is 3 a.m.

I reiterate ... TIME is GEOCENTRIC
product of the Terrestial Axis of Rotation ...

That & all the other related spins & circles of TAR constitute the our Temporal Paradigm (as in Platonic form)

all spinning bodies have their own frequency and 'temporal' system ... which set up resonances with (hypothetically) that of elemental atoms -- here for instance the carbon stimulating into life forms

edited 29Apr

I was at the Adler Planetarium yesterday at a program conducted for a university alumni group on visualizing the universe. Well, I'd hoped to clarify my understanding of the various spins the TAR participates in ... especially the observation of the rise and culmination of the milky way (galactic disc) I am currently under the impression that the Sag* A "end" of the disc when culminated (known by the Maya as the Wakah Chan -- the Raised Sky) arcs longitudinally from some degrees east of north of the meridian to some degrees west of south, while the gemini (betelgeuse) "end" at culmination longitudinally someone west of north of the meridian to something line 20 degrees west of south ...

during the precession cycle this relationship of the galactic disc and meridian (& anti meridian cut through the TAR) changes -- the Mayans noted this because many of their villages were not constructed on a cardinal grid, but rather parallel or perpenidicular to the Galactic Disc. It is possible to date a precolumbian mayan urb by the rake of its mast, eg orientation to the galactic disc ...

Back to the Planetarium -- I mentioned to both the student guard and the lecturer (a scientific suit at the Adler) ... that time was geocentric, did not have the time to explore this much beyond suggesting that it was an exclusively terrestial dimension & might well bar interplanetary/galactic intereactions, because we terrestials might not be equipped to penetrate the particulate temporal structures (dimensions) generated other revolutionary axes (plural of axis) of other cosmic spinning entities -- and, vice verse ...

In theoretical fact -- if other being from other spinning entities were visiting earth & still participating in their home planetary temporal structure, -- well, they could be hear (here -- liked the pun) be not perceived by any of the Terrestial forms as yet unequipped to find the gateway to these other dimensions

Grok?

Well, both the Ader's student and scientific suit concurred with my essential premise that Time is GEOCENTRIC, has a center, unlike space and time is not evenly and distributed throughout the universe, but

and this is my further speculation ... extended by our consciousness of the periodic structures of galaxies far far away

amelia wrote:
I agree with this. I don't think time is uniform even on earth. I see the planets as time lords, or perhaps a better term would be time messengers, each with a different time experience to carry and impart. So Moon time is fast, Saturn time is slow, whereas Uranus time is instantaneous (as when your life flashes before you in a car crash) and Neptune time is eternal ( e.g. our experience of loss of conciousness).
But I believed on Astrology.