Saturday 9 April 2011 at 16:15 BST Aintree (53N29 2W56)
LH JU, ASC 11VI42, PoF 19SC12, MO 26GE56.

We have LH and L1 in same sign and in H8, both are combust. In the case of Mercury the Sun and Mercury (Rx) apply to each other. Mercury is almost, but not quite Cazimi being 19 minutes from the Sun.

MO is VoC separating from a conjunction with the SN.

This is going to take some thought. :?

Using Addeys 5th House Method

I get 5th House of 29.34Cap, 1st aspect Neptine at 0.09Pisces, but if the race is late it could be a Uranus aspect ... 1.37Airies...

I shall choose 2 Neptunian horses and 2 Uranunians to be safe..... once I have viewed the colours...

What a race if it is Neptune, less than 10 finishers at guees...

Vesta, I don't know why we get such different charts!
Using campanus and BST I get 5th cusp at 2:58 cap.
I was looking at mars.. but actually antiscia of moon is at 3:04 cancer so meets by sextile. One minute late and the aspect is past.

So a moon in gemini name possibly with colours as moon in terms (Lily) of mars (Lily) or saturn (Egyptian) colours.

The only female horse is Blue Sea Cracker. Trained by J Motherway! How moon is that!

GS is pondering moon separating from SN and so am I. SN is malefic by tradition and "the past" by modern interpretation. I'm thinking a horse that has won before.. or a trainer or owner who's won before.
Blue Sea Cracker is owned by John McManus who owns last year's winner Don't Push It.
Futher testimony to an owner who has won before is AC ruler, mercury RX. (Although this could also signify an owner/trainer with more than one horse in the race).

Moon rules the 11th.. so What A Friend and Hello Bud could be in with a chance.

If the race is late and I think it often is.. Mars in Aries in 7th would be the correct planet, in terms of jupiter, and ruling 3rd and 8th house.
West End Rocker, Don't Push It,

Overall, the chart is dominated by the aires stellium covering 7th and 8th opposing satrun rx in 2nd.
Don't Push It, State of Play

SN in 11th suggests a total unknown or a blast from the past. The above 2 won/placed last year and so did Big Fella Thanks

If anyone in near Bath this Saturday morning the Bristol and Bath Astrologers Forum are discussing this chart with a view to placing a bet for charity from 10:30am onwards. All welcome, send me a PM if interested.
Last year was loads of fun and we found the winner and 2 of the 3 places (as well as some red herrings!)

I'm going for Bluesea Cracker for the reasons PA mentioned - I agree the name relates well to the symbolism of the Moon crossing into Cancer to make a trine to Neptune and square to Uranus. (This was the only name that struck me as relevant to the applying Moon-Uranus sq).

I'm also going to put a pound on the outsider 'Royal Rosa', but the reasons are that the signature of that names picks up astrological themes that are good in my own horoscope that day. That probably means I'll have a good laugh as it comes in last.

I was looking at 'Silver by Nature' too; because it made me think of liquid Mercury, and connects to Mercury acting as asc and Moon-ruler, and being the planet that the Moon last aspected (by sextile). So maybe I'll be brave and put a third pound on that. (Taureans don't like gambling with money but this race is a tradition so I'll factor it into my annual entertainment budget).

Hi Pallas
I put the hour forward not backwards

But now also get 3.00Cap as 5th House, assuming Chiron is not in on the act at 3.43Pisc, Mars is the next major player, aspecting Pluto in the 7th House.
So my Martian choices with a touch of Pluto are

Ask The Master

Comply or Die

Big Fella Thanks

O no, I didn't see chiron, my software doesn't have it!
That aspect holds for about 3 1/2 minutes after the official start time.
It's in the terms of venus, so a mare? Blue Sea Cracker again? But the colours are wrong unless asigned to mercury, AC ruler.

Good chiron in pisces colours (well pisces and terms of venus as I haven't a clue what colour chiron is!)
What A Friend (I like this)
Big Fella Thanks
Backstage
Quinz
Becauseicouldn'tsee (all those combust planets this fits, and chiron is with neptune)
In Compliance
Hello Bud
Ambobo (maybe)

I looked at 2009, the year Mon Mome won at 100/1. Moon separates from SN but in 11th, on 12th cusp. So I wouldn't rule out any of the really long shots and it could be any of 3 planets... great!