PFN wrote:
zoidsoft wrote:If that Mars is in an application moving toward exact trine then this is a definition of "overcoming" according to Antiochus and if Mars is the malefic contrary to the sect then it seeks to harm the native and it asks Mercury to help and Mercury being the host helps Mars overcome the native.
Curtis, just a little doubt, cause I do not have Antiochus. If it is Saturn the malefic in sect, and given a besiegment, but the native's ruler in application (to Saturn), would it be the same, a overcoming (with the receiver aiding Saturn's task as well)? I ask this because except by being retrograde, Saturn can not apply itself to noone.

It is interesting this kind of rationale (if I grasped it correctly) cause it defines reception in a broader light, where the received planet is attended by it's dispositor, but that can result as harmfull, if the planet received is inimical to the ascendant or it's ruler. That would not be the case in a mutual reception, where both have obligations to each other.
It would be easier if you had a chart because I don't quite follow what it is exactly that is beseiged. A planet overcomes if it is moving toward another planet and it is forming a figure (aspect) that perfects. This happens when a faster planet is in superior position casting a sinister aspect to the slower planet. If the faster planet separates from the slower moving planet then it is not overcoming (it might be surpassing). A planet in superior position can overcome. What this means depends upon what that planet is trying to accomplish in the chart. If it is a malefic contrary to the sect, it generally seeks to harm (depending upon the eminence of the native).
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

yuzuru wrote: This charts is of a client of mine. She has a non-average "friends theme" in her live. Based on the chart, the topic of friends is good or bad?
Yuzuru,
I've been braking my beginner's brains over this one. Would you mind giving your view of it, as there doesn't seem to be any other input. I'd really like to know.

Jupiter is peregrine and received by a very strong Mars, but I'm not sure if it can be seen as a 10th house planet. If not then Jupi is cadent and that's no good. It is also besieged, and that's no good either right? Mars is ruler of 3, so maybe the native's friends are supported by powerful and feisty siblings or neighboors. The friends may be religious zealots (Jupi in a fixed sign in 9)...
If Jupi is considered a 10th house planet it's much stronger accidentally, but it would still be besieged.. :???:

Hi, Yukionna
Yuzuru,
I've been braking my beginner's brains over this one. Would you mind giving your view of it, as there doesn't seem to be any other input. I'd really like to know.
A thousand times better to be a beginner with eager to learn and look at real charts, then to be an armchair astrologer :-P

I will PM you the answer and to everybody who wants to take a try.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Jupiter actually isn't besieged - it would have to have its last separating aspect from Saturn to be that, and its closest applying aspect to Mars, or vice-versa.

Mars is closest applying, but the square to Venus is closest separating - ergo no besiegement.

Given they're on the MC, that would point to being well-known, problem is, I don't trust Jupiter and Mars together as far as I can throw them, and Mars may be in rulership but it's the out of sect malefic.

The guess would be politics of some sort, I agree with the above poster that the native lives near them, maybe there's a connection through siblings, and I'd guess that money's involved somehow - probably beneficial for the native, but ultimately these people are going to be a detriment, especially to her home life, even if they have support now - and from at least some quarters, they do.

If she's married, there's a connection to/conflict with her husband about them.

Best I can come up with is good luck for bad reasons, but it will turn bad - if this is a current situation. If it's a past situation, it doesn't look favourable, but that could be my own bias with these two planets - I always think of them as a 'holy war' of some sort - even when the participants are atheists.

Please PM me and tell me how wrong I am. I dislike seeing bad things in people's charts.