House system with angles centrql to 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th

Is there an established or named house system that is based on having the MC-IC and Asc.-Desc. central to the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th houses? This would be broadly similar to the Gauguelin activity zones.

I work with cyclic charts and would like to work with close orbs for planets at the angles as well as secondarily consider planets near-but-not-close to the angles. Any information would be appreciated. Dave
If you have options, exercise them all.

Yes, but . . .

Thanks, Martin.

But I am looking to accomplish two goals. First, to rewrite a report writer rules such that I can find and interpret planets close to an angle, say 2 degrees, with one set of interpretations. Second, to be able to interpret planets in an angular house (both sides of the cusp-angle) with a different set of interpretations.

This is behind my question about a house system that would be somewhat similar to the Gauguelin zones. Perhaps some of my software providers can use the Gauguelin zones as houses for this purpose. Thanks again. Dave

There is the Vehlow system, equal houses based upon the Ascendant but with the cusps 15? on either side of the Ascendant (which is thus in the middle of the house). One could do a similar thing with equal MC houses.

If you want the gauquelin 36 sector chart ( like this you mean? http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/screen/sector.gif ), then it is at Astrodienst (just like the Vehlow system but that one is under the usual options list). http://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi?lang=e&gm=pu under 'Pullen/Astrolog' ? 'Gauquelin sector chart for Prof Ertel'.
I think the system uses option 2 of the explanation mentioned here ?6.5 http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swisseph. ... c283733552
But here the dividing lines/cusps are based upon the horizon and meridian, not as several degrees away from the angles nor is the Ascendant defined as the intersection point of horizon and ecliptic expressed in ecliptical positions.

But if you need something that looks like this, http://cura.free.fr/decem/09seym02.jpg I'm afraid I can't help.

Thanks all. I've gone through all of the links and references kindly given. What I seek, as a convenient answer, isn't presently available. Yet, there are other ways to accomplish what I seek. Thanks for your time and effort on this question. I'll keep you advised as to what I find. Dave.

Just a thought, but if your goal is to get the angles close to the Gauqelin sectors of highest activity, you might want to consider this: Noel Tyl was once asked why those sectors weren't closer to the angles. He said he thought that distance was what was needed to put the relevant planets on the angles later in the life via solar arc directions (his favorite prediction tool). The same could be said, I suppose for secondary progressions and (going the other way) for primary directions. It's a case of the planets going to the angles showing the unfolding of the life.

Just a thought, but if your goal is to get the angles close to the Gauqelin sectors of highest activity, you might want to consider this: Noel Tyl was once asked why those sectors weren't closer to the angles. He said he thought that distance was what was needed to put the relevant planets on the angles later in the life via solar arc directions (his favorite prediction tool). The same could be said, I suppose for secondary progressions and (going the other way) for primary directions. It's a case of the planets going to the angles showing the unfolding of the life.

For Tom, and the flow of experience

Yes, Tom, that is what the angular sectors are about. Using cyclic charts such as the PSSR of Cyril Fagan or of my own modified charts using transits, the progressing angles (advancing some 450 degrees per year from one Solar Return position to the next), and the natal chart provides a movement that shows the coming, actualization and leaving of symbols at angles.

A house system built upon these sectors permits two helpful views. FIRST, the angular contacts (within 2 degrees, for example) identify the timing and the attitude-action-experience nature of a likely event. SECOND, the nearness of a planet as it is approached by those angles (within 8 or 10 degrees, for example) shows the emerging or diminishing influences that contribute to that experience period.

Being able to tweak a report-writer, for example, to both recognize the meaning of a planet AT an angle and the meaning of a planet NEAR the angle would provide a more effective and nuanced set of statements. This is, of course, the case when the astrologer just writes out his own report.

I am currently working with one astrological software developer in this matter but we are not anywhere near this area of discussion. The primary goal is to first be able to present the means to easily find dates of significance and be able to step through several charts to spot those that frame the high-energy days of our year. Dave