Hi Gabby - Deb mentioned this in another post where someone asked the same question (I can't remember where it was but it was a few months ago), and this seems to be a source of confusion. I think some are looking at Ptolemy's table of essential dignity and seeing the night and day domicile rulerships as only for those time frames? Jupiter holds domicile in Pisces and Sagittarius always, regardless of the time of the chart.

I think the confusion is because there are day and night rulers for triplicities. They do change based on day vs. night.

To add to the confusion, if you use Dorthean dignities, the triplicities remain the same regardless of the time of day (also add on another planet, and switch their orders around)...

Regarding reception, we have had various debates about this, but normally in order for a planet to receive another, there should be an aspect between them. I realize this is a shady area and some will not agree with me (same as VOC Moons, combustion between signs, etc.). Currently Jupiter is in Aries, and so he does not behold any planets in Pisces, a sign that is in aversion to Aries. Some would say this is a form of generosity, not a true reception by Jupiter to any planet in Pisces currently. Generosity is akin to a friendly neighbor who has no vested interest in maintaining host rights (which is normally what we would say when a planet receives another - it is a host, good or bad depending on its signification).

Aries and Pisces are signs contra-antiscia, but they have to be in degrees that when added together equal 30. For example, Jupiter at 5 degrees Aries is contra-antiscia Sun at 25 Pisces. In those cases, they are supposedly able to get a sort of hidden window into the the other's house so that they are not in complete aversion. Reception might work in that case, although a contra-antiscia aspect is difficult and would likely require a perfect reception (mutual and essentially dignified)?

Here are two posts on reception and sect:
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5573

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5568

I hope that helps and that I did not add to any confusion! :D