Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Where are my dad's ashes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Where are my dad's ashes? Reply with quote

This is one for the books! My father died four years ago. His body was cremated and was kept at his home in a plain cardboard box, where my mother lived.

I had moved to another state and visited frequently. A few months ago, I noticed my dad's ashes were not where I had placed them three years ago: in a credenza in the dining room. (My mother originally had them on the patio in the back yard)!

My mother, suffering from dementia, wouldn't recall if she'd moved them, and she now lives in a nursing home.

I cast a chart (and someone please tell me how to post it!) and I am unsure if I should use Pluto as the ruler of my father's ashes. (I'm considering Pluto because, according to Barbara Watters, Pluto rules death and regeneration and corpses).

Saturn rules the first house of the horary and is exactly at my sun/moon midpoint. My father, ruled by the 10th house cusp, is 26 Libra. (Although I know some think the 4th rules the father, and in that case 26 Aries would rule him.)

Both Venus and Mars are in their respective Falls. The Moon in Cancer is in its domicile and, at 24 Cancer, will aspect Venus and Mars in turn. (Venus is at 26 Virgo and Mars at 27 Cancer). With the Moon approaching a conjunction to Mars in the radical 7th house (the 4th from the 4th) I would say the ashes are still in the house.

The radical 7th is ruled by Cancer. Ms. Watters attributes the direction West to the 7th house, so I would guess the ashes are west of where they had been most recently kept. (But this would place them in the backyard; where my mother had first placed them originally). Venus and Mercury are in mutual reception: and they are together in the turned 6th or radical 9th.

Pluto, the ashes themselves, is in the radical 12th, the turned 9th of my father if represented by the 4th house. Pluto, at 0 Capricorn, disposes of Saturn, which disposes of Mercury, whis is in the mutual reception with Venus. So I would say I'd find the ashes.

But the problem is, I've looked for them and so far no luck! This is really troubling me...

I cast the chart for this place and time: Oct. 11, 2009 at 1:24 p.m. El Paso, Texas. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Goca

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on Southwest direction from you (in 9 house, other country), acording to POF. Pof is in Li so when you go there search in a bedroom, music room, studio, dressing room, upper level room, cabinets, dressing table, wardrobe, luxurious furniture (especially cushioned), near jewelry box or case, top drawers of a chest, top piece of furniture, a broom closet, room where you may find objects of fine art, linen closet, on a shelf, among dad’s belongings, under a bed, or with hobby supplies or in an attic or guest room. Near color blue or white. 9 house means to look near some church, college or law “things” at high shelves or around vacation pictures or travel literature or at library (high shelves).
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I'll look where you directed and let you know what I find! Thanks so much!
Goca

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to Pl, extremely early degree in a sign menas that a lost article is near a door, window, gate or in a box or package that is about to be moved.
Cap means to look in a basement, disorderly room, rooms with leather or plastic accessories or furnishings, room with old worn furniture or sparsely furnished, in or near garage, near a refrigerator or freezer, dark places that are hard to reach, a shelf where there are ceramics, next to an air conditioner, places where wood is stored...Look also in dark corners near the floor, low, dark places, near thresholds and boundaries. Look at business areas or near some potted plant.
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/
###

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for one of the strangest questions I've seen around here. Finding the significator of your dad's ashes is a welcome challenge.

First of all, I don't feel comfortable with the blend of old and new in your approach, but that is up to you, of course. By far, most would use the 4th house for the father. I'm going for the 4th from the 4th as the house that rules 'life' after one's death – the conditions after a a person dies. That would be the 7th house of the chart. But I don't know – is he still 'Dad' and we use the chart's 4th house for his significator (Mars) and the 7th as his current condition? Both Mars and Moon are in the 7th , with the Moon applying. With CAP rising Saturn is your significator and Mars is partile sextile, with Moon applying – so it looks like you will be reunited. I think. I can talk up grand theories of astrology, but when it comes to a horary chart I'm usually at a complete loss. crying

So, I'll go with the 4th house – Mars – as Dad and the 7th house as his current condition. The Mars and Moon in Cancer, do they point to the bathroom, cellar or some place involving water? How about a laundry room? Outside, are there any ponds, rivers or ditches nearby (with a boat house, for example)?
###

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More possible Cancerian places: Are there any wells on the property or maybe some sort of small ornamental pool or fountain in the house? Cancer is associated with north.
voyagergirl

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Dad's ashes found! Reply with quote

I found my father's ashes nearly a year after I posted this horary. They were in the credenza where I'd put them, but my mother had separated the box of ashes from its cardboard box, so I didn't recognize the box containing the ashes at first. The ashes were in a credenza filled with stationery, an expensive fountain pen set, and my mother's jewelry, as well as miscellaneous papers. The credenza is adjacent to the kitchen, so it is near a source of water (the sink!) Also, the box was in the bottom shelf and was nearly hidden.

In looking at the chart again, it seems that using Venus for my father and Saturn for me (I am the first house, he is the 10th) actually makes sense, since those two planets are nearly in perfect conjuction, about a degree apart in the 9th house. (The ashes were in another state from me).

However, using Mars also makes sense as the Moon exactly conjuncts it, but the closer degree of a conjuction between my significator (Saturn) and Venus, ruler of the 10th, seems to make even more sense in hindsight.

[IMG]

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7769/astro2at456wherearemyda.th.gif[/IMG]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: