Football February 2011

Combust Mars leaves warriors in a dazzle

At the mundane section we have been monitoring the effects of the alignment of Sun and Mars, the latter spending the most of both Feb 3. and Feb 4. to pass through cazimi on the far side of the Sun (superior conjunction). No sooner than Mars had separated from the body of the Sun and return to combust, then we were set for Saturday's 26th round of the Premiership. And what a round this was: With two matches to be played today on Sunday, 41 goals were played in 8 matches.

Stoke - Sunderland 3-2
Aston Villa - Fulham 2-2
Everton - Blackpool 5-3
Man City - West Brom 3-0
Newcastle - Arsenal 4-4
Tottenham - Bolton 2-1
Wigan - Blackburn 4-3
Wolves - Man Utd 2-1

The most fascinating match from my perspective was the 4-4 draw between 'Castle and The Gunners. This game started with Arsenal taking the lead in the 1st minute. 0-2 after 2 minutes. 0-3 after 9 minutes and when Aresnal scored 0-4 after 26 minutes, the Newcastle supporters were already on their way home. I bet they were sorry they left.

There are so many impressive results and stories on this board, I could go on and on - of course the show was complete when the league trailer Wolves beat league leader ManU 2-1 and sent the champions home with their first loss for 29 games, the last being against Chelsea on April 3. 2010!

The results are dazzling, but the question is whether this is an effect of Mars being thrown from his temporary pedestal with the Sun and once again back down into the overpowering condition of combustion?
http://www.astronor.com

West Ham - Birmingham, 13.30 GMT
Odds: 2,00 3,25 3,75
Asc 10CN18 MC 7PI07 Sun 17AQ25 POF 18LE18
Day Sun, Hour Sun (by Regio) - not radical
The chart is not radical. The Sun, Lhr, opposes POF. Saturn, L7, is trine Sun, Lord of the Hour. Birmingham are guests and underdog by odds. They look like the winners.

My gut tells me that the Lord of the Hour is on the cusp to the next, so the guards may get caught on the bridge. The Moon in Pisces may not be an advantage for the Virgo ruled B'ham team. Moving the result away from the hometeam favourites may be sufficient and this match could end a draw. :???:

It's a hard guess, Andrew. Had the odds been longer, I would definitely go for the underdog seeing that the chart is not radical and POF opposes her dispositor Sun who is the lord of hour. Odds are almost equal, so I don't know; it might turn out both ways.

The Moon perfects 2 aspects - trine AMercury, conjunct Uranus, modern dispositor of Sun.

According to colours, I will attribute Jupiter to Westham (claret shirt). Birmingham is Moon. Jupiter is Moon' s dispositor, so I will go for Westham. However, I might be wrong it attributing dispositors.
If we judge traditionally, the game should Birmingham's.

Regards
Janis

West Ham - Birmingham 0-1
Well, that's not too bad - although a slightly hesitant judgement from me. :'

Chelsea - Liverpool, 16.00 GMT
Odds: 1,52 4,00 6,00
Asc 8LE51 MC 17AR39 Moon 26PI39 POF 17VI23
Day Sun, Hour Moon/Saturn
The planetary hour (Regio) appears to be on the change - however, if the hour belongs to Saturn then he is in the same triplicity as the Sun, Lord of the ascendant. But most important Saturn is on the IC of this chart. I think this puts a lid on the contest and maybe the draw offers an interesting price.

Chelsea - Liverpool 0-1!
It's an underdog! What a price for Liverpool catching the game.
Wolves beating ManU yesterday was far more sensational and attracted 7:1 in odds.

Saturn, L7, was angular and opposed the MC.
But I couldn't tell the away-win from the draw! :???:
Difficult, isn't it?

Manchester United - Manchester City
Odds 1.83 3.50 4.50

12:45 GMT, 12.02.2011
Old Trafford 53 27 47 N, 02 17 29 W

ASC 06CN09, MC 29AQ02, POF 20LI17, Moon 07GE35
Day Saturn, hour Moon

Colours MU - red, MC - sky blue (home kit) or very dark blue colouring (away kit).

The chart is radical by house, so on surface it favours MU as the fave. According to colours, ASC is MC if play in sky blue (home kit) or DSC if play in dark blue.
Additional significators cadent and combust Mars for MU. Angular Venus for MC if they play in sky blue.

Moon, L of ASC and hour, her dispositor Mercury, and Saturn, L of DSC, day and final dispositor of all traditional planets, are in the same triplicity. May be an indication for draw?

Pluto is right on DSC. It's hard to guess who is afflicting more by its bodily placement right on DSC. JF says it afflicts the house wherein it is - so the underdog. Moon perfects only one aspect which is square to A POF, and indication for the underdog?

All considered, I will go for draw. However it may go either way. Any thoughts?

Regards

Sorry, I'm late. The game is about at half time. ManU are 1-0 ahead. I think radicality saves the home team, which means I agree with you on that, Janis. I do not that Venus in the 7th is in mutual recetion with Saturn, Lord of the 10th, but then Venus doesn't quite seem angular enough. The cusp of the 7th is controlled by Pluto - and we have had difficulty determining which way the match spins when a planet is so tightly seated on the cusp. To some extent, Mercury, L4, applying by trine to Saturn, L10, could give support to a draw. Whether the Moon applying to her dispositor, Mercury, gives the upper hand to the Moon, as Lady of the 1st, or to Mercury, who is L4 - that's an interesting question.

Unfortunately, I was wrong. MC played in sky blue - Venus (I attribute Venus to sky blue irrespective of a sign she is in). MC nick name the Sky - blues also fits for Venus. Venus is in Capricorn and exalts Mars (Manchester United - the Reds). It must be understood literally that a planet (which is significator of one team) in exaltation of a planet (which is significator of other team) puts the latter on piedestal. It was also the case this time.
I have noticed that this testimony prevails over all other. Unfortunately, I spotted it after I posted my prediction.

Just a quick entry on today's match in the Championship:

QPR - Nottingham F , 13.15 GMT
Asc 12CN24 MC 10PI14 Moon 20AQ48 POF 8SC53
Day Sun, Hour Sun - Moon L1 applies by trine to Sun
I would like to suggest a score draw. Simple because the Lord of the hour and the Lord of the ascendant are in the same triplicity, apply by trine and both planets are above the horizon. The Moon is in Gemini, so something in double, in equal walls or pillars, would look good.

The Moon has to trine Mars before reaching the Sun, so it could be a one, two...?
The scoreline 2-2 is priced at 16:1.

Thank you, Janis! :)

I think that 2-2 at the odds of 16:1 would have been more interesting than 1-1 at 6,25:1. However, the chart made made perfect sense and presents a good point for discussion as to whether the draw can be seen or not, what is required; and whether there will be goals, many or none.