Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

figures in horary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siraxi

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: figures in horary Reply with quote

How could I assess figures from a horary chart ?
I might want to sell an item and I'd like to know what price to ask for it.
Is there a way ?

Like: my item is shown in the 2nd house, the turned 2nd (radix 3rd) is its price.
The arc distance between the main significators will tell the figure. The quality of the signs will tell how many zeros to add after that figure (such as cardinal signs - none, mutable signs - one zero, fixed signs - two zeros, also according to the common sense).

Another kind of question: I might want to know how many friends have gathered at a party, at what price will sell an auction or even how many kilometers are from my town to Paris... Tongue Out

Did anyone try ?

Did I cross the line with these questions ? Well, it might be, yet Sue Ward says "The horary art can, potentially, answer any question, but the practitioner might not".
Sue

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it all boils down to respect; respect for the art of horary and respect for yourself as a practitioner. Only you can decide what you feel comfortable asking.
HoraryQueen

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

'How many kilometres are from my town to Paris?'

Hmm, is this a Horary question, do we think? Well instantly my response would be 'no way'.

However, were you lost and had no other way of knowing where you were, yet knew you were close to Paris, it may have been.

So did this apply to you when you asked this question?
siraxi

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, these are only hypotetical questions. Maybe not very inspired.

Let's imagine this other situation:

Suppose you are driving and you're running out of gas. You might feel pressed to know how many kilometers are left ahead of you until the next gas station. So you stop the car, pull out the laptop, erect the horary chart, delineate it and decide whether to continue ahead or to return to the last gas station you passed by not long ago...

The chart may give the answer without telling you the number of kilometers, but I was wondering if it would be possible to assess figures as well.

I wish somebody would ask questions like this. I can't do it, I don't have a car, only a bike Smile ...
HoraryQueen

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you must be very fit!

I think with Horary you must ask 'closed' questions, so you get a yes or a no. So if you want to know how much you wll get if you want to sell your house you think of a reasonable figure and ask if you will achieve it - the chart should then show if you get slightly more or much less or just about what you ask for, etc.

Whatever it is you are asking it is always best to formulate a specific situation then the chart will speak for that precise situation.
siraxi

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look who's talking... Smile I've studied the sample chart of the month on your website and I couldn't figure out how you were able to give so much psychological insight to the querent, besides the expected yes/no answer...

I believe that answering a horary chart with yes/no is a relatively easy task, compared to the full understanding of the querent's situation or the correct assesment of the whereabouts of a lost item, the time when the event will take place or some other calculations as proposed above.
HoraryQueen

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lala Happy

The psychological insight is easy peasy - it's all in the chart plain to see!

LOST OBJECTS!!!! Forget them - I've never found any and Thumbs up to anyone who has.

Timing is another thing that is really very very difficult and I would NEVER beat myself up for getting that wrong - I always make it clear to my clients that it is difficult and not an exact science.

I shall tell you a funny story about a lost object chart. A group of which I am a member had been collecting admission fees for an event and the following day no-one knew where some of the money had gone. I looked at the horary and various people tried various forms of divination. None of us really had a clue where it was, then one man from the group contacted us to say he had had a dream that he found the money in a bookshelf between some books. We went along to investigate and would you believe it - the money was right where his unconscious had told him!

Bye for now.
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Siraxi,

Bearing in mind that horaries communicate to us through symbolism, not literal expressions, all of the techniques that are used to get the finer details out of the chart are dependent upon the astrologer’s ability to identify and then extract the meaningful information supplied. You have to use your judgement to determine whether the sort of specific information you are looking for is really relevant in the query.

In the example you gave of running out of petrol, the number of kilometres involved is irrelevant – the essential question underlying this horary would be “will I get to my destination safely or should I turn back”, a question for which many reliable techniques for judgement are given in CA.

One of the problems in expecting the chart to give you exactly what you demand of it, is that it makes you less open to what the chart wants to communicate to you. In fiddling around with kilometre measurement, are you going to notice if the chart is saying “don’t worry about the distance involved, there is a gas station you didn’t know about just around the corner”?

In lost item or missing person horaries, assessment of distance has to be combined with a lot of other factors, many of which may be much more reliable as a means to aiding recovery. For example, the nature of the ground, the type of place, whether high or low, the direction involved. All of this information has to come from a fairly limited set of symbolism, and to know how to use it for one thing, and then re-use it for another, is an art, not a science. We have techniques, but we mustn’t expect every technique to be equally valid or reliable in every chart we do.

Some of Lilly’s rules to establish distance are given on pp.350-351 of CA. These include judging by the number of degrees between the significator and the Moon; between the ruler of the 7th and the lord of the hour, between the ascendant and its ruler, or by considering how many degrees the significator is in its sign. Common sense dictates that you can amend this to include something that strikes you as particularly appropriate in your chart – a significator to a house cusp, or one significator to another. We use the same tool (common sense) to determine the instrument of measurement – a horary can’t say “I am talking about metres here not kilometres”, but the context of the question leads you towards establishing that, and the knowledge that fixed signs use the longest sensible means of measurement and moveable signs the shortest.

The example Lilly gives on p.350 “How farre the thing is from the querent?” is worth reading and gives an example of its employment. Although Lilly uses miles in his example, you can amend this to other suitable measurements.
siraxi

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Deb, for the detailed explanation. Very useful. A true lesson!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: