You are looking for something unique to the Premier League, then. It's a few weeks since I went on a draw-hunt, wIthout finding what I was lookng for. However, the Sun is still in Capricorn disposed by the exalted Saturn in Libra. The Moon applied to Saturn by trine.

As far as extemes are concerned, the Moon in Gemini is disposed by Mercury who was applying to Pluto.

This does not answer your question - but discusses it. From where I am sitting it seems as if several divisions are tighter this year than I can ever remember having seen. Although Ficina might have a better perspective on that. I am not sure whether I want to start sorting out the odds and ends of such tight contests. There are no favourites - to put it like that. But it could still be an interesting study. Different years prove leagues to be composed of different collectives of teams. So differnt seasons may have different characteristics and follow a path of their own...
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Yes, I was looking just at the Premier League. I feel that the large number of people who watch those matches and the large number who follow the results makes them a better test of the astrology than the lower divisions (and yes, I should look at the top divisions is Spain, France Italy, etc.)

You make an interesting point about the Moon and Saturn. In a month's time on Saturday 12 February we again have Sun in Aquarius disposed by the exalted Saturn and the Moon is again applying to the trine of Saturn, although the trine is much wider than today. It will be interesting to see how many draws we get then. Also, there is another derby: Man Utd and Man City.

We have to realize that the four draws is a 'league-thing'. Or else there would be an equal display of football draws all over the globe, which there is not. However, it is possible to speak in generals where either Saturn buries the contest or lays the battle 'on ice' - so there is no winner. Or the result has been moved away from the favourite, where I expect that the draw was attracting the highest odds in each of the 4 matches.

This thing with the state of the dispositor of the Moon could be worth giving more consideration. Mercury does apply to Pluto, but Pluto is 5CP53 which is in exact conjunction to the position where Mercury made his first station on Dec 10. So Pluto has Mercury under his control and inspection.

Maybe the Moon's application to Saturn is more crucial because it is Saturn's only aspect. The incoming Moon gets all the attention from the singleton. And then the Moon translates the light from Venus, Saturn's dispositor, up ahead to Saturn - so Saturn is temporarily 'parked' or 'checked' and the suggestion on balance or contentment might seem more valid.

Thank you for those thoughts Andrew; they are very interesting and worth careful consideration. I was particularly interested in what you said about a single aspect:
Andrew Bevan wrote:Maybe the Moon's application to Saturn is more crucial because it is Saturn's only aspect. The incoming Moon gets all the attention from the singleton.
I have noticed a few times before that where there is only one aspect to a significant planet, then it seems to dominate the chart.

Much thinking and looking at past charts to do :)

Hi,

I have been reading through the various theories here about how to predict the results of soccer matches using astrology. I would like to offer my own but there is too much to it to outline here, so I have made a website to that end. I have also used a couple of the drawn games mentioned above to illustrate my method in action.

The link is in my signature.

EDIT: well it should be. Here it is for anyone interested: http://sportsastrology.webs.com

I have been toying with sigs aspecting parts in predicting the outcome of a game but with little success. Unfortunately, I have found no correlation in this regard. Sometimes they work in predicting when a goal will be scored, but not more. So I gave it up and use only POF which seems to be working if a partile aspect with a sig (conjunction, opposition, square and trine; sextile seems not to be working), and of course Moon's aspects with POF.
I use sigs according to colours and they may be any planets not only rulers of ASC and DSC. Square or opposition of POF to a planet seems to harm Moon, Venus, Mercury but square to Mars seems to help the team represented with Mars as a sig. Conjunction and opposition with Sun is always fatal (if play in yellow, orange or white).

So far the most reliable hiearchy of testimonies, at least for me, to begin with the strongest
1) bodily placement of a sig;
2) Moon's aspects;
3) fixed stars (sometimes it is the most powerful testimony, for instance, Algol conjunct POF)

I will try a new assumption that a game is always draw if odds are equal, unless you find some convincing testimonies for home or away team.

Wolves - Liverpool
Odds 3.10 3.25 2.37
12:45, 22.01.2011

Molineux Stadium 52 35 25 N, 02 07 49

Day Saturn, hour Moon

ASC 14GE52, MC08AQ13, POF 21CA07, Moon 08VI23

Moon's aspects within 5 degrees :1) square APOF (orb 29 minutes), 2) trine her dispositor Mercury, L of ASC (orb 3:20), opposition A Saturn, L of MC and day (4:25).
None of planets aspect those parts we usually use for predicting an outcome in a soccer game.

Wolves - yellow/orange colouring shirt and black shorts, Liverpool most probably will play in their red home kit.
ASC and its ruler Mercury - Wolves. Liverpool Jupiter and Mars (red).
Mars is combust and in no traditional dignities (peregrine) but angular.
This is a strong debility as a starting point for Liverpool. Combustion for Mars seems not to be distructive as for Moon, Mercury, Venus, but nevertheless it's not good.

From a statistics point of view, Liverpool is hardly expected to win Wolves playing at home. Liverpool has managed to win only one away game this season so far. Draw would be considered as a success. Wolves have won 5 of their last 10 home games so far. The likelihood for Wolves at home to win Liverpool (playing terribly this season) is by far bigger than for Liverpool to win away. However, bookies still believe in Liverpool and consider them as the fave.

The chart is radical by Moon l of hour being in the same triplicity as Mercury L of ASC (Moon in Virgo, Mercury in Capricorn) which might be an indication for draw. Venus sits directly on DSC; hence she does not rule any angle but cadent IV and intercept Taurus in XII, this testimony is of little help.

Moon applies to her dispositor Mercury by trine, but unfortunately in succedent 5 and 8, so I do not think it's very powerfull. The first aspect the Moon makes is square to APOF, but antisca is not very reliable; according to my experience it is not the final aspect and we don't have to look further. This might be a testimony for Liverpool but I doubt if sufficient to win.

The chart seems to be more promising for Wolves, but I will go for draw. If Liverpool play in their away kit, their position might be stronger than with combust Mars (if playing in red).

Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide my analysis on all other PL games, but I will analyse them with the benefit of handsight.

Regards
Janis

Hi Janis,
The lady of the hour being in the same triplicity as the lord of the ascendant could order a draw, but seeing that the Moon is lady of the hour and applying to Mercury L1, who also is her dispositor, by trine - I would go with the home team.

The Moon in Virgo often seems to offer some benefit to the Birmingham area... I am not putting my money on anything today.

I'll offer my analysis quickly for the Wolves vs Liverpool game. I don't have time to upload the chart at the moment though.

Liverpool are stronger than Wolves. The Moon rules the hour and is behaving as she should. The chart is not radical so Liverpool get the DSC, Wolves the ASC.

(Lots) and [Dodeks]

Fortune (22 Cap 06) [17 Lib 12]

Spirit (9 Sco 32) [3 Pis 55]

Victory (6 Sco 14) [20 Cap 48]

Glory (3 Aries 15) [12 Tau 25]

Success (23 Leo 41) [8 Gem 06]

Exaltation (2 Vir 40) [4 Lib 40]

Wolves are Mercury in the 8th house. Mercury trines the dodek of the Lot of Glory. The lot is in the 11th house, it's ruler Mars is combust in the 10th and it's exaltation lord is the Sun in the 10th. The ASC is conjunct Rigel.

Liverpool is Jupiter in the 11th. Jupiter conjuncts the dodek of the Lot of Exaltation. The Lot is in the 10th house, it's ruler is Jupiter in the 11th and it's exaltation ruler is Venus in the 7th.

Rigel helps Mercury get to around Jupiter's strength but Jupiter's lot far out-weighs Mercury's therefore Liverpool are much stronger in the chart and started stronger. Liverpool win.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

Yeah Saturday is a busy day for me. There are games on every couple of hours, so I am doing charts from when I wake up until early evening. I also have to wait for the games to kick off before I can make a prediciton, so there's not much time to type everything out. That's why I made my site, so people can learn how to do it on their own and won't need me to do it for them!
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com