Football in January 2011

A happy and prosperous New Year to everybody and better luck with predictions than in previous years!
:)

I wish if members of this forum were more enthusiastic and active in joining with their analysis. I was pretty despondent about such luck of interest and almost decided to stop my monologue. We all must learn and this forum is a perfect place to do that. Sharing of opinions definitely improves our predictions skills and reading sports charts help to have a better grasp of other horary charts as well, in particular to decide whether a matter will perfect or not.
I am aware that we commit many mistakes and sometimes may seem that astrology is no better than tossing a coin. Astrology works always, it is obvious with retrospect, but we are not always able to read that messages the stars are sending to us.

In December thread somebody predicted that Blackpool might defeat Manchester City playing at home. Unfortunately, no astrological reasoning was provided.

I'd would have members to provide their astrological reasoning otherwise it is a wild guess and we cannot learn even if the prediction proves correct.

I will go on with 6 PL games starting at 15:00 and try to differentiate almost the same charts. In all the charts we have late degrees of Gemini rising but one Sunderland - Blackburn where we have Cancer on ASC. Late Gemini might be indication that ASC have little value in Gemini but we should look at Cancer. Saturn is lord of day and Sun lord of hour. So charts are not radical which usually ends up in more underdog wins (draws) than average.

Mercury, l of ASC, has just become direct looking better for home teams as a week ago in the games starting at 15:00. North Node on DSC may give a boost to the away teams. Jupiter, l of DSC, is also dispositor of Mercury which I consider as a general advantage for the away teams if ASC are home teams. I am using colour method so DSC might be either a home or away team.

North Node is on DSC which might be an indication for the away teams.

Gemini are a doublebodied sign, Moon also in doublebodied Sagittarius, so I expect more goals than average. However, Moon is waning and these indications might in fact be ineffective.

As Saturn is dispositor of Sun, I expect good results from teams playing in black kits. Being dispositor of the lord of hour is a pretty reliable testimony for that team.

Mercury, L of ASC, and Sun, L of hour, are almost in antisca degree of each other. Moon and Sun are in antisca relationship (Sagittarius - Capricorn), Moon is waning, cadent and in fact VOC (the only aspect she perfects within 5 degrees is conjunction with Mars antisca). These testimonies as I have observed produce draws.

Manchester City - Blackpool
Odds 1.28 5.50 10.00

15:00, 01.01.2011
City of Manchester Stadium 53 28 59 N, 02 17 29 W

ASC 29GE36, MC 21AQ20, POF 26TA24, Moon 07SA39

Manchester City sky blue shirt and white shorts, Blackpool orange shirt.
ASC - MC and Venus (sky blue), Blackpool DSC and Sun (orange).

This is a problematic chart. The last degree of Gemini indicates that Cancer also shall be taken into account. In fact if the game starts a couple of minutes late (which usually is the case), ASC is in Cancer.
+ Blacpool
1) the chart is not radical,
2) last degree Gemini on ASC (might be an indication for an early goal),
3) North Node on DSC
4) Sun, l of hour, is Blackpool's significator (I have observed that Blackpool is doing pretty well when Sun is lord of hour, so I judge Blackpool might be Lion),
5) POF conjunct Algol (malefic star), this sometimes causes an upset despite the odds exceeding 1:10,
6) Neptun from X partile square POF which is conjunct Algol,
7) Jupiter's, L of DSC, conjunction with Uranus, modern ruler of Aquarius MC, might be an indication for sentation,

+ MC
1) Venus, MC significator, applies to Jupiter by trine who receives her in her exaltation

It's very hard to decide whether it's going to be an upset considering the odds, Venus (sky blue) application to Jupiter, L of DSC, by trine is a very strong testimony for MC. Testimonies for Blackpool, except POF conjunct Algol, are not very strong to predict a win. If it is an upset, I will have provided astrological reasoning. From football perspective I hardly believe Blackpool might get out of this game but from astrological viewpoint it makes sense.

Blackpool might score during the Sun being l of hour, MC when Venus is l of hour.

Sunderland - Blackburn
Odds 1.83 3.50 4.50
Stadium of Light 54 54 52 N, 01 23 18 W

Sunderland red shirt with white stripes and black shorts, Blackburn most probably will play in their home kit - left side blue right side white shirt and white shorts.
ASC 02CN23, MC 22AQ10, POF 29TA11

The chart is not very telling I cannot see any convincing testimony for either side. Considering that Sunderland draws half of their games, this might be another draw. However, the chart is slightly favouring Sunderland (probably, one goal considering that the Moon's only aspect is conjunction Mars their significator).

This chart differs from other with Cancer ASC. This usually means that the result is not in line with the ruling trend. For example, if there are no draws in all games, this one usually is, or if all home teams win, this is a game for the guest.

Tottenham - Fulham
Odds 1.40 4.50 8.50

White Hart Lane Stadium 51 36 12 N, 00 03 57 W
Spurs white shirt, dark blue almost black shorts. Fulham red shirt with rey shoulders and sleeves and red shorts.

ASC 29GE03, MC 23AQ29, POF 25TA51

ASC - Spurs, Fulham DSC. No convincing testimonies for either team. The chart looks better for the underdog but due to lack of convincing testimonies, considering the odds, I will go for Spurs.

Stoke - Everton
Odds 2.62 3.20 2.75

Brittania Stadium 52 59 18 N, 02 10 32 W

ASC 28GE56, MC 21AQ22, POF 25TA44
Stoke red shirt with white stripes, white shorts. Everton most probably will play in thier home kit - dark blue shirt. Might also play in thier dark rosy shirt.

The chart is not very telling for either team. I will go for draw considering that Everton has drawn more than half of their games. The chart seems to slightly more promising for Stoke.

Liverpool - Bolton
Odds 1.70 3.75 5.00

Anfield Stadium 53 25 51 N, 02 57 39 W

ASC 28GE49, MC 20AQ34, POF 25TA37
Liverpool red kit, Bolton blue kit (away) or white shirt and black shorts (home).

ASC Bolton, DSC Liverpool plus Mars (red).
The chart seems more promising for Liverpool. However, Mars is sligtly debilitated because of being under Sun's been, I do not think so much as to decide the outcome of the game. My prediction is Liverpool.

WBA - Manchester United
Odds 6.00 4.20 1.53.

12:45, 01.01.2011
Old Trafford 53 27 47 N, 02 17 29 W

ASC 15TA04, MC 18CA34, POF 10AR43, Moon 06SA23

Day Saturn, hour Moon
The chart is radical by exaltation. Exalted Mars in Capricorn (MU significator) and dispositor of POF is culminating on MC. The game is MU. However, considering that the chart is radical by exaltation and MU has drawn 7 of thier 8 away games, the game might be drawn. Radicality by exaltation likes to replicate the existing trend.

Birmingham - Arsenal
Odds 5.50 3.60 1.66
17:30, 01.01.2011

St Andrew's stadium 52 28 32 N, 01 52 05 W

ASC 28CN45, MC 02AR04, POF 26GE50, Moon 09SA02

Day Saturn, hour Moon
The chart is radical by house. ASC Birmingham (blue shirt - Moon in Sagittarius). Arsenal might play in red shirt (home kit) or away yellow shirt and black shorts.
The chart seems more promising for Arsenal (radicality by house). However considering that Birmingham have losed only one of their 10 home games, draw is a very credible result. Birmingham's loseless streak might continue.

Regards
Janis

Hi Vesta

I use Venus for light blue (sky blue) and pink irrespective of a sign she is in. I found it a pretty reliable testimony.

Wigan - Newcastle
Odds 2.50 3.20 2.90

16:00, 02.01.2011

DW Stadium 53 32 52 N, 02 39 14 W

ASC 12 CN53, MC 07PI33, POF 3LE19, Moon 21SA25
Day Sun, hour Jupiter (just switched from Saturn's)

Wigan blue kit, so ASC plus Jupiter. Newcastle most probably will play in their black shirt with white stripes and black shorts or even in third kit which is white.

The chart favours Wigan. L of hour Jupiter is their significator having exaltation on ASC. Moon opposes POS (ASC + Sun - Moon). I do not think it a serious debility which may topple the bandwagon.
My prediction is Wigan. However considering that the has just been on the brink, it might be draw.

I do not provide astrological reasoning for Chelsea - Aston Villa. I do not believe that Aston Villa will manage to grab any point in Stamford Bridge.

Hello Janis,

I see you have asked for other contributors. I could not hope to spend the time needed for the analysis of all the matches you consider and then look to find the patterns which further the study of these sporting events.

I see why you favoured Wigan. Jupiter Planetary hour, Moon opposes POS from Jupiters sign.
The Moons next aspect is a square to Jupiter. Saturn also opposes the Part of Triumph.

Does the Part of Triumph take precedence?
Does the Moons aspect to jupiter from a cadent house influence the outcome?

I would be inclined to consider these issues (and any others) for future and past games that would lead to a view as to why Wigan lost rather than move on and join in another ten Premier games midweek and so on,..
That said I will be happy to read your thoughts on these games.

When I have the chance to consider charts that repeat the two queries raised I'll come back to you.
:)

I think that Uranus conjunction with Jupiter mared the prediction. Pretty sure about this, for I made in bold Newcastle so subconciously my slip indicated the correct outcome. Otherwise it should have been Wigan's game. Wigan's (blue kit) significator Jupiter was the lord of hour and the chart was radical by exaltation. It is a pretty reliable testimony that a team whose significator is the lord of hour wins if the chart is radical, in particular if by exaltation. It is the first time in my experience when it didn't. :???:
I have 11 eleven charts radical by exaltation and in all without exception faves won. And it was irrespective of Moon's opposition or square POF.

In this chart Moon opposed POS (ASC + Sun - Moon). I do not change POF in night charts. According to my software Sun was in VI, so it's night. However, considering that Sun was a fiew minutes in VI, shall it still be consired as a day chart? :???:

I haven't read John Frawley, may somebody can indicate a website where I can read or order his books.
I have tried to use Moon's dispositor as a sig when Cancer is rising but the reliability is about 30%, so I gave it up. This works only if Moon's dispositor agrees in colours with a team's kit.

It would be very easy to predict a winner if Moon's opposition or square POF or APOF always will indicate an underdog's win. Unfortunately, it is not the case. Reliability is less than 50%, you must look also at other testimonies as well and then judge. Maybe in big tournaments it works but in regular season games obviously not.

Shortly before the game started, the bookies changed the odds. It was Wigan who became the underdog.

Greetings
Janis

Tomorrow we will have an eclipse aftermath football. The Moon is combust in her detriment Capricorn which are believed to be draws as we can read in the forum. Let's see. Draw can hardly ever be predicted on the basis of a single testimony, at least I rarely could manage to; other testimonies shall be also taken into account.

The charts for the games starting at 20:00 have Leo on ASC and Mars being lord of hour. So the charts on surface seem to favour the faves. However, in fact they are very contraversial.

Lord of DSC Saturn is dispositor of both the Sun (L of ASC) and the Moon, as well as Mars who is lord of hour and IC. As it was an eclipse, it is worth looking at the Moon's aspects after she seperated from the eclipse. The first aspect she made was a square to Saturn who met here in Libra, in the fall of the Sun. The Moon is partile square the exaltation degree (and of course fall degree) of the Sun, L of ASC. Whether it is a good, bad or indifferent token for ASC teams (both as home teams and according to colours), hard to say. As to me it looks ominous for ASC teams.
POF is close to ASC in the degree of the Nodes and trines the North Node. It seems to be a good testimony for ASC teams.

Blackpool - Birmingham
Odds 2.30 3.25 3.25
20:00, 04.01.2011

Bloomfield Road 53 48 17 N, 03 02 53 W

ASC 26LE39, MC 13TA29, POF 02VI, Moon 19 CA 27

Blackpool orange shirt and white shorts, Birmingham blue shirt and white shorts or white shirt and blue shorts.
ASC is Blackpool, significator Sun.

+ Blackpool
1) the chart is radical, l of hour Mars shares the same powers as Leo ASC,
2) Antisca of ASC degree falls in the degree of Moon's exaltation (3 Taurus),
3) Blackpool's significator Sun is in the same sign as L of hour Mars

+ Birmingham
1) l of DSC Saturn is the dispositor of the Sun, l of ASC, the Moon and the l of hour and IC who is Mars (a pretty reliable testimony),
2) Solar eclipse (might be fatal for teams playing in yellow or orange) followed by the Moon's first aspect by square to Saturn who met her in Libra in the fall of the Sun,
3) Moon seperates from Saturn by square and applies to conjunction with Mars (l of hour and IC) who meets her in the house of Saturn - Capricorn. Considering that Saturn is Mars's (L of hour and IC) dispositor it might be translation from Saturn to Mars and back to Saturn, i.e. DSC team,
4) Sun applies by square to Saturn (dexter square) who meets the Sun in Libra (fall of the Sun),
5) L of DSC Saturn is in the fall of Sun, L of ASC and Blackpool's significator and detriment of Mars, l of hour, which is usually a bad testimony for the fave

Contraversial testimonies:
POF in the degree of the Nodes and trine North Node - whether it favours the fave or is a testimony for the underdog or is just indifferent?
Moon squares the exaltation and fall degree of the Sun, fatal for Blackpool or a strong testimony for it?

My prediction is Birmingham, though there are good testimonies for Blackpool

:???: :-?

Fulham - W.B.A.
2.10 3.30 3.60
20:00, 04.01.2011

Craven Cottage 51 28 30 N, 00 13 18 W

ASC 27LE35, MC 16TA20, POF 02 VI55

ASC Fulham + Moon (white shirt and black shorts), DSC W.B.A (black kit)
The same testimonies. However, there is no such strong relation with the eclipse.
As Saturn is dispositor of Moon (Fulham significator), Sun, l of ASC, and L of hour, my prediction is W.B.A

M Utd - Stoke
Odds 1.30 5.00 12.00
20:00, 04.01.2010
Old Trafford 53 27 47 N, 02 17 29 W
M Utd red shirt, Stoke dark blue kit.

ASC 27LE 00 (conjunct Alphard), MC 14TA15, POF 2VI21

ASC M Utd + Mars (red).

The same testimonies. However, considering the difference in odds and the l of hour Mars, being MU significator, and the Moon's seperation from Saturn and conjunction to Mars, I will go for MU win.

Regards
Janis

January 4. 2010
This evenings games in the UK start with Asc Leo and Des Aquarius. The thought just occurred to me it might be interesting to see how the next few days perform, seeing that the Sun is closing in on the square of its exalted dispositor, Saturn in Libra. I recall 2 years back we had a flood of draws as the Sun in Capricorn trined on Saturn in Virgo.
http://www.astronor.com