Mercury Retrograde - Report Please

This is an opportunity to report your observations and thoughts on Mercury retrograde in Libra starting Sep 24. at 22LI50 through to Oct 15. 2008 at 7LI34:

On Tuesday Sep 23. 22 year old Matti Juhani Saari shot and killed 10 students at a school in Kauhajoki, Findland. The victims were 8 girls, 1 boy and 1 male teacher. Mercury is stationary at 22LI49 within orb of the academic Spica and in conjunction with Mars. The shooting commenced at about 10.40 LST. At 16.46 LST Saari is declared dead after wounds he inflicted upon himself during the shooting.

Friday Sep 26. Norwegian Police stopped a verhicle after a car-chase that last over 20km. The driver was a 10 year old child, who had taken off in a stolen car and driven it first a few times through the town centre of Orkanger before hitting the highway and heading for Trondheim. The police cleared the highway for all other traffic after receiving reports of a car swerving all over the road and witnesses reporting the driver was a young child. Mercury 22LI36, Moon 26LE42. The police received the first reports of wreckless driving at 09.50 LST. The crime was commited with Mercury and Mars rising in the ascendant, which at 09.50 LST was 25LI11.
http://www.astronor.com

Banking Disasters in US

Okay, how about this. The US is re-visiting the issue of the failed Mortgages which the gov't and private institutions did nothing about for the past 6 months!! So Mercury (Bankers/Merchant), took advantage of the Public by offering sub-prime ARM loans (loans with the first 3 years interest at a low rate, then a higher rate (much higher). The banks KNEW the people could not qualify for the higher rate based on their income, they still issued these risky loans on the hopes they could make huge profits!! This now has come full circle and it is time to resolve this issue and bring balance (Libra, justice, fairnes) back, and to correct that situation!

Also CEO's and Execs making millions in salaries, while cutting benefits, health insurance, pensions, no cost of living increases, no raises, etc, all the while raping corporate America on the backs of the lilttle guy!! This all has got to be corrected and back in balance, harmony for fairness and justice (Libra)

I'm still waiting for Bush and Cheney's skeletons to come out of the closet!! They will go down in American History as being the most Corrupt Administration that America has ever had. Bush has destroyed this country terribly, almost bankrupted it, destroyed our reputation overseas, ruined our economy, created a bogus war, while he and Cheney and profiting from it. Let the market manipulators run rampant (regarding manipulating the price of oil, etc, etc) I could go on and on!

This is only the beginning of the pendulum swinging back! It has gone way to far out, and its time for it to start swinging back!

Yesterday a woman was broadsided by a garbage truck while taking her kids to school. All three, a woman and two kids, died (San Antonio, Texas).

and today a school bus in Indiana tangled with TWO garbage trucks and 4 children were killed.

Another thing I'm fairly sure is mercury retrograde related, myself and two friends have each had to replace car batteries in the last week and cables due to erosian, and two friends reported that they had trouble communicating with their mechanics. I suppose that does not seem mundane, but when it's multiple people I suspect it is. The car troubles are all on Pacific coast, southern California area.

MorningSun said:
* US re-visiting the issue of the failed Mortgages
Matters that should have been solved at a much earlier stage get out of hand and are revisited as Mercury goes retro. I'll buy that! :'

Granny reported:
* Two accidents involving garbage trucks killing children
Tragic. Two identical accidents is something to be noted. Moon in Leo was in aspect to Pluto (?)

* Car problems
An upset of daily routines? Now you mention it, I had car problems on Thursday. The ignition key wouldn't turn in my car because the car was hanging on the lock in the steering. This was caused by a lack fluid in the servo, which caused the car to be heavy on the wheel. The fault moved from the fluid in servo to the steering, to steering lock and finally the key wouldn't turn. Actually, the fault made sense because what would be the point of driving a car without any steering? :???:
http://www.astronor.com

Mercury is the natural significator for students, scholars and 'school masters'. Currently at the top of the horary forum we have two questions - one of which is from a school teacher asking about the reliability of a student, the other is from a PhD student, asking about the reliability of a professor. We also have the usual 'what's he thinking?' type of horaries, but it's unusual for us to have two questions of a student/teacher nature in the forum at the same time.

The first of the US presidential debates has just occurred. Critics gave a [slight] advantage to McCain (Mercury-ruled Virgo) in this debate...although that in itself is being debated!

The 'what to do about the US financial crisis' discussions between the executive and legislative branches of the US government have so far come to no conclusion...it keeps getting thrown out and 'back to the drawing board'. Typical Mercury retro stuff.

GH :)

Everday Merc Retro

Okay, Merc retro. Well the post has been coming back. We post it and it was returned. We did everything properly the postmaster told me this happens sometimes. Today so far so good.

U.S. universities are reconsidering the taking of S.A.T.s and A.C.T.s for student entry. This was discussed several years ago and now it's back.

Also cars are having breakdowns and the airports (here at least) are having delays.

Interestingly, all the reports I've read, Wall Street Journal, MSNBC (notoriously right leaning) and CNN have given Obama a lead over McCain. where did you hear of McCain having a lead?

All of the Analysts I read and listened too felt that neither candidate really bowled over the other, but felt McCain Behaved Oddly and Obama behaved well. But nothing incredibly momentous from either.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/27/ ... =polticker

MSNBC had it obama 52% to 34% but poll is still live you can go vote a bunch and try to skew the numbers. ;-)
G

Granny,

Your comments were what I heard also on the news. I thought the same that McCain acted oddly, and Obama came off pretty smooth, together, with well thought out answers, and well spoken. McCain still leaves me troubled. He never gives me the impression that he believes what he is saying. Then the last 4 years he really dissappointed me becoming a Bush Clone. For a while there they were hand in hand in every picture! I just can't get my gut to trust the guy any more after he never came through on his promises to stop the corruption in WA when he was elected. He never did stop all the raises that Congress and the Senate kept giving themselves every year, and it took forever for them to raise the min wage! That was one of his promises! I guess in the end they are all politicians!

I was also wondering if my having heard one thing and Gunhilde another wasn't also a Mercury Retrograde Indication? People hearing confusing or contradictory information?

and yes I found myself wondering why I had voted for mc cain in 2000 primaries last night, I was really disapointed in his behavior .

Another thing I am glad Mercury will be direct by election time, I would think Mercury retrograde during election could mean all kinds of problems?

electionday 2000 it just turned direct that day
Election 2004 was direct. Interesting.

Mercury will be in Libra for this election. 27 Libra

Hi reading through this thread, I wonder is this "Mercury Retrograde" thing is a tad overdone! I've always considered it one of those modern astrological myths,but I could be wrong!

Looking at Mercury right now its retrograde status has allowed it to be grabbed in a conjunction with a debilitated Mars (without even considering) the wider picture) so violent acts affecting the young makes a terrible sense. etc

The dance with Mars continues until December of course when having turned direct it crosses again. Its noticeable around that time that Mercury has turned round from its furthest Occidentality from the Sun.

Its in that occidental phase now so we can expect Mercurial matters to be focussed on dealing with the consequences of things that have already happened , revisiting the arrangements etc.

for instance, I see Mercury oriental as being the proactive stage of talks , negotiations etc, then after its furthest orientality it eventually reaches its meeting with the Sun , and that moment in talks often shows failures caused by outside factors etc. then its slip into orientality is the stage where the consequences are dealt with.

In a US context Mercury was swallowed by the Sun at the moment when the Bush administration tried to pass the Rescue Housing Bill at the end of July, to try and save the housing market. That was doomed to fail and out of that came the collapse of Freddie Mae etc.

mike c

granny_skot wrote:Interestingly, all the reports I've read, Wall Street Journal, MSNBC (notoriously right leaning) and CNN have given Obama a lead over McCain. where did you hear of McCain having a lead?
Drudge Report had McCain 68% to Obama 30%. 94% were voters from the United States.

MSNBC had it obama 52% to 34% but poll is still live you can go vote a bunch and try to skew the numbers. ;-)
G
That MSNBC poll has 20% US voters 79% from foreign countries.

We will see Monday as the reports of our unbiased polsters takes the pulse of Americans.

As McCain said there is no accountablity anymore and the American public is every bit as guilt as our leaders. People obviously don't care of the fact Obama asked for 18 million dollars a year in earmarks. Or that he is second only to Dobb in getting moneys from FannieMae. Or that he has those company leaders that took millions in pay and broke the company, on his team. I could go on but people don't care to look very deeply at this newcomer Obama.

In Mountain Astrologer Issue #133 the author Philip Brown suggested "voter rebellion (Uranus) against the past (Saturn) will be a big factor in this election. In 1920 (there was a Uranus opposite Saturn aspect) people were so angry with President Woodrow Wilson who thrust the U.S. into World War 1 that they voted Warren Harding into office. Harding's term became mired in scandal.

Interesting times, indeed.