Hi, Debbie!

Well, certainly very significant. What the promise of such a placement can be will highly depend upon the nature of the planets, their rulership in the person's natal chart and, obviously, in the Solar return chart for the ongoing year!
Secondly, the other promises (directions, profections, progressions etc.) should be compared to the Solar return promise; the more testimonies of the activities of the same nature that fall around the same time of the year, the stronger the promise. But, it is hard to say as to what in general it means. I'd take one conjunction at the time and then build a bigger picture in accordance with other charts.
In Christian Astrology you will find some explanations on how to "read" different combinations of planets in such situations. There you will also find a table that helps you in calculating the expected time of the event. I have recently started comparing the "results" that I get by using the table with the timing promised by progressed Solar return Moon and have found it to be very helpful. On occasions, when the event was promised in more than one chart or by more than one aspect, by using this combined method I was able to actually nail down the exact date of the event.

Another very important thing in such a situation would be to check other predictive charts and look for the promises that fit the symbolism of the house in which all these planets are currently seated because the planets have all gone into a single house for a reason- it is expected that the area of life described by it will have a very strong impact onto the life of the person throughout the next (this) year. More so if the planets are occupying an angle! It is especially significant that the Moon is inside there- exact conjunctions are most likely to describe the events that will happen at the very beginning of the Solar year (immediate future) or, if already separating (even by minutes) the events tthat will immediately precede that date which is why it is worth giving the old solar return chart another look. Of course, the consequences of such activities or events are also most likely to influence the rest of the year.
Conjunctions with the Moon will generally influence female persons in the Native's life, herself and her emotional side if she is a woman etc. For this reason, it is important to compare the natures of all the planets that are occupied in this rolling conjunction and see as to how well they "get along" and what they might be promising!

Again, it is very hard to answer the question in a nutshell but I hope that this helps at least a bit! ;-)

Cheers,

aglaya!

Hi, Debbie!

You're welcome! The book I was referring to is called "Christian Astrology" and was written by William Lilly!
It is available for download (in .doc and .pdf formats), just use the links from this list

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html

And,another thing I forgot to mention earlier is that, it is very important to check if the solar return multiple conjunction is actually conjunct (/or otherwise aspecting) planets in the Natal chart!

Cheers,

aglaya!

hmmm

"...planets conjunct its natal position in the Solar Return chart have no extra significance at all" Even if it is true that the planets in the return chart
in conjunction with planets in the natal chart are insignificant, this statement
is exhaustingly demanding...

I say it depends on which planets in a return chart are in conjunction with the planets in the natal chart. Revolution shows when and how much and in what ways the promises of the natal chart will unfold.
If a planet in the revolution chart conjuncts a planets in the natal chart
there will be an event for sure. However, if these two planets have
no aspects and no effect on each others in the natal chart, the event will
be trivial.

I am having fun with transit recently. Although transit is not
revolution there are common ground between the to methodically.
my sun and moon are not beholding each other, but my sun is opposing
Jupiter in 10th house. My mercury is in virgo and he is also not beholding the moon. When the moon was transiting my natal sun, I was freaking out about the embarrasing things that I have done at my work. Yeah.. I was freaking out bad like the transiting moon and my natal sun was creating a sort of eclipse effect and this experience fits the description of sun/jupiter 4th/10th opposition. I know.. this is very trivial and only ended in some light emotional, mental disturbances because my natal moon is not aspecting the natal sun... same thing, when the moon was transiting my natal mercury.. which is strong, i began studing and when I was done, about 2 hours passed by.. trivial not significant I say because my natal moon is not aspecting my natal mercury.
Sincerely

Jun

Well I suppose I can just ignore that Jupiter is conj my natal Mercury & Desc, and the moon is conj my natal Uranus and that Chiron is conj my natal Jupiter this birthday, can't possibly have any real significance. (yes that is dripping sarcasm you hear.)

You ignore the Sun Conj Sun after all that is the reason for the chart, everything else? Have a look at it, some alignments are more significant than others. An inner planet aligned with Jupiter or Saturn is going to be more significant, in most cases, than say a lunar transit. the reverse is also true, Jupiter or Saturn aligned with Anything is going to be a significant transit.

Not to mention some years you will find fun things like, having a solar return on the same day as your lunar return, this will happen earlier in the day on my birthday this year. I tend to think of that as restarting the clock.

Have a nice read through some different books on solar returns there are significantly different thoughts on this subject. Mary Fortier Shea for instance has a book that only looks at a return chart, other astrologers, like Diana K Rosenberg, think that its ridiculous to look at the solar return as a stand alone, that its only significance is as transits to the natal chart, both working astrologers with strong followings and good backgrounds.

Solar Return charts will take you some time and reflection to get any grasp of. You wont find a lot of 10 second responses that give you any significant help, start reading and playing with charts, preferably your old charts or a family members so you can look at it and say, yes this made sense or no I think that doesn't work well.

well my 2 cents on the subject. Hope you have a lovely new year.

Granny