When I am angry, fire takes over completely, and I swear I could turn into Carrie and blow people (or Rottweilers) up with my mind if I wanted to.
LOL

My Mars in Gemini sounds so crap in comparison to all these great stories. If someone attacks me, what am I going to do? Whip out a gossip magazine and give them paper cuts?

Lots of humor in this thread -- I enjoyed reading it! Well, I also have Mars in Capricorn, although in the 12H and squaring my Aries Sun almost exactly. I have read in some modern astrological literature that Mars in the 12 may indite unconscious anger, so I'm still deliberating on that one, but.. according to my conscious understanding of myself I'm pretty controlled, and do not feel moved to express anger much. But I am very very impatient (blame on Sun in Aries?) and lose patience too quickly. There were situations when I got engaged in road rage, but they were extremely rare, and generally I avoid them. I do enjoy challenge and need a bit of emotional and psychological fighting but also due to my highly sensitive Moon in Virgo in opposition to Venus in Pisces, I lately prefer peace and harmony more often. I noticed that my Mars expresses in my physical energy being uneven, for example I enjoyed dancing, and had good ability for it, but I did not have strong supply of physical energy which is required to practice dancing.
As far as romantic life, I've always been the leader in all of my relationship (again blame on Aries sun) I was never interested in those who pursued me, and I was attracted to Capricorns often but they did not become the significant others in my life. The attraction seems to me to connect more to Venus archetypes, for e.g. I always attracted the Piscean energy to me.
But I'm a highly capable person, able to accomplish much, became a computer engineer much to my surprise, b/c I always had mystical and humanitarian inclinations. I attribute this to Mars square Uranus square Sun. I used to joke to my husband that I can take care of the entire city in which we live. My energy is directed and controlled when I'm pursuing my goals, it is just the impatience that gets in the way, especially in personal relationships. I forgot to add, my Mars is in a T-square with Sun and Uranus being in opposition.

But I am very very impatient...

I guess you have a day chart also and do have some "road rage." I would also wonder about Saturn's placement, as lord over Mars. Mars in Cap might not always be so controlled or patient, and it would depend a lot on the influence of his dispositor, since he does look to Saturn rather than himself. I have Mars in Aries trine Saturn, so he does have some Saturnine control, but he looks to himself and is very impatient also.

Paul - Mars in Gemini (you also have Mercury in Gemini) uses intellect as a weapon! Might be a lot different than my Mercury-Mars conjunction in influences because my Mars is Aries impulsive and instinctive/animalistic. My Mercury is more accidentally dignified than yours, but yours is essentially better (I think mine has face or term, I can't remember offhand) and you don't have a fiery Mars breathing down its neck.

Tanit, Sun is in the 2H, below horizon, Saturn ruler of my asc in the 3rd in Taurus in trine to Mars in Capricorn. Actually I always considered my Saturn well placed, My teacher used Morin's method, and Morin considered Saturn in triplicity in Earth, b/c it rules Capricorn. So his reasoning was, the planet fees good in the triplicity where it rules one of the signs. I know Ptolemy and Lilly did not see it this way. In any case, I do not really experience anger much, impatience with a mix of irritation quite often. BTW, I'm not revengeful at all, and if someone wronged me I let go (which happened only once in my life).

Oh, and to answer your questions about what kind of man I attract and find attractive -- very very Piscean, I have Venus in Pisces and all of my guys have soft and sensitive energy. I have not been attracted to men who are very masculine or Martian, though I have found earthy man with strong Capricorn in their charts quite physically attractive.

Hello all, this is a very entertaining thread. 8)

I hope it's okay to talk about a pop star (and this is objective--meaning I do not necessarily like/hate this person); Stefani Germanotta aka Lady Gaga is an Aries with Mars in Capricorn. With Sun and Mars exalted these are very good placements for energy level. Mainly I am bringing this up because the woman is a nonstop constant performer. She's been performing and touring for a couple years nonstop which is no easy feat and I think she might be setting records for the longest tour. She has a really high energy level to keep this up and I attribute it to her Sun and Mars. I hope you'll find this sentiment interesting, Deb.

She could either be a Sag or Scorpio ascendant, where Mars falls in the 3rd/4th house.
R.a. (Ray :) )

My only brother and only son have mars in capricorn. They are the same height (tall). My brother bought and sold many cars in his life, and died in a car crash in 2004. My son is 24 and has never wanted to drive, and still doesn't have a driver's license. He recently had his jaw broken and pinned to correct his bite.

I just happened to read the other day that mars in capricorn individuals want the world to know that "they can take it on the chin". Indeed.

zoidsoft wrote:
Frank wrote:
Deb wrote:Another point I am interested suffered from PTSD for years after that period.
I got Capricorn Mars but Pisces Moon and maybe Venus conjunct Mars spoil everything :'
Interesting that Evangeline Adams says capricorns tend to be the worst drunkards and have strong appetites, eat greedily especially hot spicy foods. True about me except the drunkard part though i used to have my days, but modern astrologers love to harp on on how capricorn is the sign of discipine and austerity :brows

Deb wrote:
Another point I am interested in, having read the opinions of those with Mars in Cap about how they express their anger, is whether even those who say they are non-aggressive would admit to being a dangerous enemy when crossed?
Care for another story? I have Mars at 13 Capricorn with the NN in the 3d, ruling an empty 6th house and the Asc straddled by Saturn on top and Venus below (all in Scorpio).

I can become very, very angry. But most of the time, Saturn on the asc in MR with Mars, seems to prevent the anger from coming out. I keep calm appearances, but when the anger 's really strong, I tend to go limp and white and will have shaking hands for an hour or so.
In the past (being a twen, thren) I would completely freeze when angry or hurt. Anger is nature's response for self-preservation when you get hurt, right? I 'm talking emotional hurt here. It would also always feel like injustice being the most painfull thing to experience, and apart from keeping registering everything happening in my surroundings, I wouldn't move a finger, not even blink my eyes I think, for hours! I remember those present, and especially those who hurt me, getting very upset and worried because of my turning into a breathing lump of granite - which would give me some joy out of revenge. I remember also it was at the same time awfull nOt being able to move, talk, respond, react any other way than being frozen... For days I might act as if I had become deaf and blind; I mean I would utterly ignore any attempt to break the ice, for days in a row!
Luckily for me and my surroundings, as Saturn feels more at ease with age I suppose, when I "ice up" again (rarely happens now), it doesn't take me more than 5 minutes or so to thaw down :D

Where ever I live, I seem to have problems with neighbours one way or another, and the problem always has to do with lack of respect and ignoring rules of well-behaviour.

One time, when I crossed a high traffic street with my hubby in a rather dangerous fashion, one driver pulled up behind us, got out of his car and started calling us names; even when we apologised for our stupid behaviour, he got madder and madder and started punching. The very moment I asked for help from some Guardian Angel or such, he planted his fist on my mouth, drawing some blood. At that moment it was like I entered another time-structure and got very calm inside, walking towards the offender. When he looked at me, his eyes grew white all around and he fled back into his car and drove away. It is hard for me to understand what he saw that frightened him because I felt so very poised!
At first, when talking about this accident, I didn't quite understand why the heck he hit *me*, just as I asked assistance from above; but it soon dawned on me that - had he hit and hurt my hubby -, somebody might have died there on that spot and it would either have been that guy, or me! Yes, when somebody touches or threatens my partner, I will get into a rage that almost feels holy... So I guess we were very lucky that day, thanks to the gods!

I have done some (and still am fascinated by) Tai Chi, and Qi Gong, and other energy-exercises/movements from the Chinese Tradition, which all seem very much to resonate with the directed or controlled Force of Mars in Capricorn; sometimes I dream that when I am witness to a terrible unjustice, a fierce Dragon rises up out of me, and annihilates the culprit(s) without them having a chance to realise what it is that is happening to them, lol.
Yes, I do enjoy movies like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "Kill Bill", "The House of Daggers", "Hero", and the like...
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

mars in cap

Hey Deb,

Not sure you're still interested/researching this, but I have Mars in Cap in the 11th in the same sign as Moon. (Coincidentally, you mentioned you have desc. at 14 Cap, which is where my Mars resides!).

I wonder if the people who say they're not angry have Mars retrograde? My best friend has Mars retro (also ruling the 7th house) and she is VERY passive and never gets angry. Neptune also shares the sign and house of her natal Mars, which likely also dampens expressions of anger. I am the opposite. I'm cranky and irritable and I can definitely stand my ground when I need to. I can relate to Frank's story and have had multiple encounters that remind me of that. I was shy as a child, but have become very brave with every year of my life.

When I was growing up my anger was repressed by my aunt and uncle (I was never allowed to express frustration) and so for years since I've had a lot of repressed anger to deal with myself.

My Mars is loosely conjunct Moon in Cap in the 12th (which is tightly square to Pluto) so emotions run deep and my Mars wears those emotions usually for all to see, though I can hide them/control them when I really want to.

I've always been physically very cautious, however (I've never broken a bone!). Wonder if other Mars in caps have strong bones? Since Mars is in 11th and my Ascendant is in Aquarius, my identity is strongly Aquarian.

I've always been ambitious, and will even admit to the "social ambition" of Capricorn at certain times in my life. I really do better with just a few close friends than with being a social butterfly who has many surface-level relationships though.

I find it easy to think of myself (and act) as an equal to people in positions of power.

I think with my Saturn return last October I'm just really starting to get Mars in Cap to work for me. I wasted a long time trying to work menial jobs for other people before finally figuring out how to have autonomy in my work, and the more I find what my passions are, the more drive and self-determination I show in achieving big goals for myself. (I have Merc on MC and Sun in the 10th house. Ruler of the 10th is Jupiter conj. Saturn, also, so I think I would never have been happy just working for someone else's agenda).

Four years ago my progressed Sun and progressed Moon were conjunct (i.e., progressed New Moon) natal Mars. This was mirrored by the solar eclipse earlier this year, which was also on natal Mars. Natal Mars is really being activated in the last few years, and it's REALLY nice to have something towards which to direct the Martian energies! With capricorn I can see that this is a long struggle, that the work I'm doing now requires effort, self-discipline, patience, endurance, etc. and I am willing to give it that. The progressed Full Moon is about 10 years from now, which will coincide with my Uranus opposition, so I hope that my career will be feeling a more at "fruition" at that point! ;)

Mars trine Chiron is the closest aspect in my chart, and just around the time of my progressed new moon on natal Mars, I was finding out my calling as a healer. Now I'm doing the long-term work of learning/studying/applying that healing ability as well as building my own business.
Gabby

Very interesting about the retro aries in capricorn.

I have a close relative who has mars (forward) in cap, in 12th house, 7 degrees from asc. Rules his 3rd and 10.
He is very self controlled generally BUT he is known to suddenly explode in violent anger (VERY rarely) under circumstances that concern authority in some way. He is known to have turned physical (I will stress again the rarity of those incidents) in matters of his 3rd (transportation) and 10th (profession).

A thing I noticed mentioned in this thread: knife injuries. Both due to the nature of his profession and due to strange occurrences through his life. In particular he gets his hands cut.
So you do not be misguided by what occurrences those were, an example: when he was a child, dared by another minor carrying a knife and the aries cap relative grabbed the knife from the blade (valiant yet stupid) and disarmed the bully. Resulted in cuts of course (though he was very proud of what he did).
Hm, now I think about it, all the incidents outside his job, had to do with "dare" and guts, which is pretty martian and according to some, related with the 3rd house (courage).

His mars aspects (in case they are helpful) are the conjunction to asc, 3 sextiles with venus, jupiter and MC, an opposition to saturn (mars' dispositor), 2 (modern) squares to Pluto and chiro.
Be kind, but be brave.

http://wroskopos.wordpress.com/