Janis Valkovskis wrote:By antisca relationship I meant lord of ASC Mercury in Capricorn and lord of hour Sun in Sagitarius.....
Thanks for the explanation. I had thought you were talking about the antiscia positions of the planets. That is clear now.

Obviously superficial analysis concerning Bordeaux - Rennes didn't helped, it's another draw instead of a predicted win. The chart was radical by house, Sun was ruler of ASC, hour and day. I have observed that's not a good testimony if you as the fave have to play in colours (dark blue - Saturn) which are opposite to the lord of hour, in this case also the lord of the day Sun. Their significator Saturn was in Libra, in the fall of the lord ASC, hour and day Sun. Regrettably, I forgot about it.

Manchester United - Arsenal
Odds 1.85 3.60 4.20
13.12.2010, 20:00 GMT
Old Trafford coordinates 53 27 47 N, 02 17 29 W

It's going to be a game to lead the table. Whoever wins will head the table. Arsenal has not won in Manchester since September 17, 2006. From previous 8 games Arsenal has won only 1. Last game MU losed in Manchester was against Chelsea in April 3, 2010.

MU home kit is red shirt and white shorts, Arsenal's away kit is yellow shirt and black shorts.

ASC 11LE32; MC 20AR41, POF14SC46, Moon 24PI26
Day Moon, hour Moon on the verge to Saturn's

We have two alternatives here - one to assign ASC and Sun to MU as the fave, the other to use colours and then Arsenal (yellow) is ASC. In addition, we can use planets as significators agreeably to the colours - the Sun (yellow) for Arsenal, and Mars (red) for MU. Arsenal may be also Mercury in Capricorn (yellow shirt and black shorts).

If we use the fave, i.e. MU, on ASC, this should be MU game. Moon L of hour and day seperates by dexter square from Sun, L of ASC, and applies momentarily to his dispositor Jupiter in dignities. For Arsenal we have only better acc dignities.

If we use Arsenal on ASC, we get the opposite picture.

+ Arsenal
1) the chart is not radical
unless we consider that certain radicality is established by Moon's, l of day and hour, conjunction with Jupiter, the big benefactor and dispositor of the Sun, L of ASC,
2) Sun agrees with Arsenal's yellow kit and Moon's conjunction with Jupiter (Sun's dispositor) in his house should be a testimony for Arsenal,
3) POF in IV with its antisca not far from VII cusp,
4) Mars MU (red kit) dispositor is partile conjunction with Pluto, only less than 2 degrees away from conjunction with North Node.
Partile conjunction of a planet with Pluto almost ever proves fatal for that team whose significator the relevant planet is,
However in this case I am not sure about it, for Pluto is the highiest octave of Mars and Mars disposes Pluto by exaltation.
5) Uranus antisca at 3LI18 squares the Nodes,
6) Ruler of DSC Saturn in Libra in the fall of the Sun

+ Manchester
1) Moon, l of hour and day, conjunct Jupiter, dispositor of Sun, L of ASC,
Jupiter
2) Mars - MU significator rules MC and is dispositor of POF

London is Gemini, Manchester - ?

+ draw

1) the hour on the verge from Moon to Saturn (this testimony is by far more liable in day charts than nights)
2) significators Mars (red) and Sun (yellow) antisca relationship

I this time I will try the fave on ASC method, however, I allow for being wrong. If so, the chart seems more promising for MU and I will go for their win.

Coppa Italia

Parma - Fiorentina
Odds 2.50 3.00 3.00

Kick off 21:00 CET, 14.12.2010
Stadio Ennio Tardini coordinates 44 47 41N, 10 20 19 E

Parma's kit is white shirt with a black cross on chest, black shorts. Fiorentina's away kit is white but will probably play in their blue home kit.

ASC 17LE24, MC 06TA02, POF 01SA01, Moon 06AR21
Day Mars, hour Venus

The chart is not radical which may move the result away from the fave. However, the lord of day Mars is Venus, l of hour, dispositor.
I will use fave on ASC, however, Parma's colours also fits with Saturn, ruler of DSC, in Libra.

Moon seperates from opposition with antisca Jupiter, dispositor of POF, and is applying trough signs of short ascenion by square to Sun's antisca at 07CA17. This the only aspect the Moon perfects within 5 degrees.

+ Parma
1) Mars, l of day, is dispositor of Venus, l of hour and MC
2) Moon in Aries, house of Mars, l of day, seperates from opposition with antisca Jupiter, dispositor of POF, and applies directly to Sun's antisca, who is Sagittarius, in the house of Jupiter.
This is testimony is better if Fiorentina play in their blue home kit. However, aspect is not so powerful as if the same bodily aspect of the same planets were to perfect.

+Fiorentina
1) chart not radical
2) Saturn, ruler of DSC, in Libra in the fall of Sun, ruler of ASC

+ draw
1) significators succedent and cadent under the horizon

For this game my prediction is Parma, however I cannot exclude that there might be overtime and even penalties, for the angles are fixed.

As to you Roberts, I invite you to demonstrate your prediction skills in soccer or ice hockey. In my opinion, NFL and NBA, in particular basketball, is easier to predict for there upsets are relatively rare in comparison with soccer and there are almost never draws after regular time.

:) :P

Hi - I do sports astrology for a living and have for some time. This isn't exactly a hobby for me. You can view my predictions on this page:
http://www.courtneyrobertshome.com/bigp ... letter.htm

It's updated regularly.
I've pasted a post below that I wrote for the ISAR Financial Astrology group, for a discussion on sports astrology. It's just my opinion, and as I said, I do this for a living, which makes me responsible for telling other people what to do with their money. I take that responsibility very seriously.

With all due respect, I have never had any consistent, or ongoing success using Frawley's methods or any of the vast array of competing horary methods out there. The ongoing arguments and profusion of differing opinions is a pretty good signal that there may be something amiss with that particular methodology.

Again, with all due respect, I take exception to the well-established practice of using one chart to symbolically represent everything. I'm sure it was a convenient medieval short-cut when you had to calculate each chart by hand, but calculation software has made that kind of magical thinking obsolete. I use a massive amount of Real-Time charts and natal data on any one game, and techniques that have only been possible since the dawning of the digital age.

I'm not saying that a gifted astrologer can't get some results from Frawley's work, but he himself warns that it only 'works' on major championship matches, and that if you try to use it to make money, apparently his astrological deities will intervene against you - or something like that. Within the limited astrological community, that may pass as 'fine' but do you expect the rest of the world to take us seriously when we talk like that? That's certainly not something my clients would want to hear. Every other profession is held to much higher standards.

Sports books worldwide present another huge financial market, with a vast array of odds and propositions. Win/loss is only the tip of the iceberg. That's why I've developed a range of Real-Time Methods (copyright) that allow me to look at what will happen through the entire match, and then decide on what will be the best bet. Then there's the Fantasy League market, which is huge, and depends upon finding the most productive players in any given match.

For example, here's the report that went out to my subscribers Monday morning for the Monday night football match last night : Baltimore Ravens at the Houson Texans. The Ravens were a road favorite at minus 2.5 - 4 pts. (The line moves according to where the money goes and can vary from book to book. All the late money went on the Ravens and moved the line to 4.)

For those of you who don't follow NFL football, the Ravens dominated the 1st half, jumping out to a 21 - 0 lead. Houston finally got it going just before the halftime whistle and scored a touchdown. 1st half score: Baltimore 21 - Houston 7.

The second half was another story. Ravens got another TD: 28 - 7 but then Houston staged an amazing 4th quarter rally to tie the game up at 28-28 and send it to overtime on an improbable 2-point conversion. The Ravens' defense won in OT on a shocking interception/return for a TD. That's exactly why I backed off on doing anything on the end of game score and went for the 1st half bet in the report below. I nailed it, and enjoyed watching the game, Final score: BR 34 - HT 28, so the Ravens did ultimately make their spread, but I would not have wanted to sit through that game with money riding on the final outcome!

I think it would be hard to consistently get these kind of detailed results using the symbolic, one-chart horary method, especially on regular season games, just as I think it would be hard to make a living by it. I say 'get real' - Real-Time (copyright).

Ravens at the Texans (2.5 ? 3 pts.)
Monday, Dec. 13. 2010, 7:30pm CT
Both Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson look like they will take a pounding from the Ravens? defense. Ray Lewis and company could wrap them up tight. Schaub?s chart is besieged in much the same way as Michael Vick?s was last night. The important difference being that Vick, regardless of how much abuse he absorbed, maintained a positive, winning attitude that buoyed his teammates to play through the pain. Tonight, the Texans may feel like the heart and soul are being sucked out of their offense.

Still, you can never completely count out Mike Kubiak. The man has leadership, and can fire up his players when he has to. Even in his last loss to the Eagles, he did manage a 4th quarter lead, ?though it only lasted about 5 minutes. I look for some kind of 4th quarter rally from Kubiak again tonight, but whether his players will have the wherewithal to rise to the occasion ? that?s another matter.

Meanwhile, Ravens? coach John Harbaugh is up against some challenging alignments. I doubt the post-season will be kind to him, and he may be seeking greener pastures elsewhere. He?s a gem; a talented, accomplished coach, by both nature and nurture, but ultimately, he may fit better, and find his ring, in another setting.

All in all, while I expect the Ravens to win this one, the end-of-game scenario is just too dense with cock-eyed variables. I like the Ravens minus 1.5 pts. for the 1st half (about a 2 out of 5). Willis McGahee caught my eye for the Ravens, along with Anquan Boldin. Of course, Andre Johnson and Arian Foster will get the ball a lot tonight. Of the two, I think Foster looks a little more productive, along with Kevin Walter.

This is the kind of work I do on many games every week. Regular season or championship - it doesn't matter, and this is the level of detail and accuracy necessary to actually help clients achieve their own goals.
Courtney Roberts, M.A.
www.courtneyrobertshome.com

Hi Courtney

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I took a look at the link you gave and didn't see any upcoming predictions, just commentary upon games that have already happened (like the above). Have I misunderstood something or should I take another look?
If you are placing public predictions on your site it would be very interesting for astrologers to monitor your progress on games that have yet to happen.

Regards
Deb

But what I mean is, is there any way for astrologers to monitor your full success and failure rate without being obliged to subscribe to your newsletter? If you are only posting 'predictions with results' after the game, then the public isn't able to consider how you have fared overall, with consideration to the commentaries that did less well. It would good for astrologers to know more about the particular tehniques of your method, and how it fares across a full season. (I'm assuming that you are not claiming 100% accuracy, although that isn't clarified on page that you linked to).

I also wonder why you would want to claim a copyright for using real-time methods. I don't have a great interest in sports astrology myself, but I have seen that evaluating matches through real time, including the consideration of expected end of match charts, has been used very many times in this forum by a wide number of participants. (This forum doesn't only use horary for the astrological evaluation of sports events, BTW, nor what you call 'Frawley's techniques' - but welcomes the discussion of the subject using any method, and encourages the interchange of various ideas). Is there something specific about your approach that you are trying to protect, or is it just teh text of the prediction (?) because I genuinely don't understand how anyone can claim copyright over astrological technique.

Regards
Deb

I learned from Jim Lewis, the creator of Astrocartography, the value of copyrighting methods. His work is still copyright protected, as well it should be. I spent many years and thousands of dollars developing my Real-Time Methods. No one was using them before I starting publishing in 1997. I know - I was searching for years for a better way. I published extensively and my copyrights date back to 1997.

It's easy to devalue investment and hard work when you aren't the one who had to do it. In any other profession, when people quote from someone else's work, they are trained to give a source and reference. That's just common courtesy and common decency, everywhere except in astrology. I know lots of astrologers who bought my works back in the '90's and then write about the methods with no acknowledgement whatsoever of any source - as if it fell out of the sky into their lap. If astrologers don't respect astrology, and don't respect astrological work, then who will?

Anyone interested in my methods will find plenty of material on my website, on StarIQ, or in my book, Real-Time Astrology. However, I am a professional, and I have many clients and subscribers who pay for the information you think I should just give away for free. For one thing, that wouldn't be fair to my subscribers, would it? Besides, a subscription is only $12.95 - not even 6 pounds. It's not like I'm price-gouging here.

More importantly, Astrology is a profession, not a charity. If astrologers don't think it is worth anything, that doesn't bode very well for our future, does it? How about a little respect?
Courtney Roberts, M.A.
www.courtneyrobertshome.com

Hi Courtney
It's easy to devalue investment and hard work when you aren't the one who had to do it. ... I know lots of astrologers who bought my works back in the '90's and then write about the methods with no acknowledgement whatsoever of any source - as if it fell out of the sky into their lap.
I rather like the irony of that ? as if astrological knowledge just ?fell out of the sky?? But I haven?t devalued anything have I? I only asked a question. Unfortunately it will probably disappoint that I would affirm the ?real-time technique? to be such an obviously integral part of the logic of astrology (and what we generally refer to as transits) that I once even explained it and popularised it myself as a useful method for world cup matches, for which I got very good results (along with not-so-good results on other occasions). But I can swear I haven?t read any of your material, or received any kind of influence from you directly or indirectly ? I just thought it through.

I do find it a bit worrying that you want to copyright such general ideas, and it makes me wary of not reading anything that you have authored now, just in case I read something I already knew but then feel obliged to acknowledge you as an influence.

Also (to explain) I don?t have any problem with you charging a subscription for your newsletter. I merely have concerns that your example ?predictions? are only selected extracts that are published for public inspection after the event. Even that is your privilege and entirely OK with me ? until you offer up those ?predictions? as demonstrations of how your technique is better than anyone else?s or some other named astrologer. Surely you ought to be able to substantiate such a claim to the people you are making it to, or not make the claim in the first place (?).

I have always been happy for astrologers to use this forum as a means to present news about their services and products that may be of interest to other astrologers; whilst taking a firm line against spammers. I?m just wondering what you are willing to share here with other interested astrologers, because it would be great to get a real discussion on technique going, along with informed analysis that is put out for scrutiny before the event happens, which is what usually happens when members test out their techniques here.

Perhaps - in the spirit of experiment and discussion - you would be willing to share a view on some forthcoming matches and make some public analysis of the astrology before it happens?

Sincerely
Deb
Last edited by Deb on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.