telling time....

i was wondering if in horary if the time you think the question was asked is more important or the time it was actually asked... I aske because I discoved one of my clocks is 15 minutes out of whack this morning... so how valid are questions i've used that clock to define?

thanks for the thoughts, (might explain some of those early and late asc.)

:???:

Granny....

PS, having started out in modern/natal astrology all these years, I'm inclined to think that the actual time is more important than the imagined, but am open to your thoughts on the matter. Granny

I haven't heard anything about this explicity, but if I were in that situation, I would find out exactly how far off the clock was from the real time, and corrct your charts accordingly.

Think of a horary as a kind of a natal chart - the natal chart of an issue that is confronting you. You would want the accurate time for a ntal chart, and the same would apply to a horary. For years I thought the time of my birth was 7:10 AM, when instead it was 7:50 AM. So for years I thought I had Pisces rising, but really I have Aries rising. Thinking it's so doesn't make it so, and I have Aries rising. I'd say that the same applies in horary.
Mark F

Hi Granny,

Interesting. I'd do the opposite. If I were reading the chart, and it made sense, I'd go with the reading if I found out the time was off. If everything happens for a purpose, then your clock being off has its purpose, too.

Look at page 387 (it begins on page 385). Lilly states " ... and Jupiter was very near a sextile dexter of Saturn, still applying, not separated."

No matter what time we use for this chart, Jupiter is already separated from Saturn using a modern computer. This aspect become quite important in the judgment as Lilly tells the lady will be reunited with the man she desires via the efforts of a third party if she approaches that 3rd party before the 27th of the month. Then he tells us: " ... the Gentlemen (i.e., the third party) should first move the quesited in the business: my reason was because that day (June 19) Saturn and Jupiter were in perfect sextile aspect."

Not so Bill. The aspect had perfected and moved on before you calculated the chart. Yet Lilly tells us " ... the Match effected, and all within 20 days following, to the content of the sorrowful (but as to me unthankful) Lady ..."

The point is he got it right with the wrong chart. So don't toss those charts without looking at them carefully.

Tom