Astrological Magic

Hi. Been following the forum for a while and decided I would join. I also have a question if thats okay.

I cant speak for anyone else but I am at the point where very little seems to surprise me. If an election can be used to gain the most out of a moment in time to perform an action, is it possible that astrological talismans can take on the energies of a planet, fixed star etc.?

I confess that I may be interested and have come across Warnocks wares.
I dont doubt him or the testimonials from his cutomers, but part of me also wonders if the talsimans could also be having a bit of a placebo effect as well. Although from what I have seen fortunate external events outside of the persons psyche seem to happen too. Coincidence????

Its been proven that metals change and shift according to the cycles of the planets ruling them....maybe talsimans, rings, mirriors etc. holding their energy is not so far off?

I actually do astrological magic.

I'm not sure taking a materialist approach (i.e. the influence of the planets change metals) is the best. It creates too many difficulties - for example why would changing metal affect anything? I actually have the same issue when people attribute astrological effects to gravity or magnetism. Why would Venus' gravity cause love and Mars' war?

Not all talismans are metal. Also, not all talismans are created as simple elections for when a particular planet is powerful. There are other talismans for when planets are weak, or in minor dignities, or based on a horary, or based on a natal chart.

There is certainly some placebo effect, but this is true of all astrology and many other things in life. However it's not the only effect.

Personally, and I might be in the minority here, I think that there are also spiritual causes. Magic works on a physical and spiritual plane simultaneously. Some effects are due to psychology, some are emotional, some are spiritual.

I agree.

Mithra6 wrote:I actually do astrological magic.

I'm not sure taking a materialist approach (i.e. the influence of the planets change metals) is the best. It creates too many difficulties - for example why would changing metal affect anything? I actually have the same issue when people attribute astrological effects to gravity or magnetism. Why would Venus' gravity cause love and Mars' war?

Not all talismans are metal. Also, not all talismans are created as simple elections for when a particular planet is powerful. There are other talismans for when planets are weak, or in minor dignities, or based on a horary, or based on a natal chart.

There is certainly some placebo effect, but this is true of all astrology and many other things in life. However it's not the only effect.

Personally, and I might be in the minority here, I think that there are also spiritual causes. Magic works on a physical and spiritual plane simultaneously. Some effects are due to psychology, some are emotional, some are spiritual.
True. It could simply be a drawing on a piece of paper, instead of a amulet etc. I also dont think that you are in the minority at all when it comes to a spiritual view. I believe that astrology works according to divine providence, and that it is this that moves manifest creation.

I also dont think that the planets have any physical cause via magnetic wave etc. I follow Frawleys view that all of manifest creation consists of the essences of the 7 planets and as the planets move those that share in their essence move. I am also in the process of trying to decipher Ibn Arabis "Mystical Astrology" :-cry

The metal analogy was not the best example, but that also highlights the issue doesnt it? Although Astrology has a spiritual background its effects can only be seen through the matierial conception of reality.

Given the number of intelligent people who profess their faith in astrological magic, and still persist in its study, has me believing that there must be something to it. I guess the best way is to order that talisman and see for myself??

Do you have examples of it working in practice? Its not that I dont believe you, I am just curious what it is capable of.

There's a little finesse needed. You shouldn't make planetary talismans for planets that are afflicted in your natal. Peregrine is fine, but not planets in detriment or fall. There can be exceptions to this, but that's the general rule.

I did a Jupiter talisman a while back when I had been jobless for a long time. After doing the talisman, I had two job offers the following week. That was probably the most dramatic.

I tend to get little bumps in business with certain talismans. However I tend to not worry about dramatic results though. I do them and then let things happen as they may.

Generally talismans manifest according to the planet's nature. You might do a talisman for Venus to help out with your art, but then you might find love instead. You can't really pin down particular effects - or at least it doesn't seem to always work that way.

Mithra6, I'm interested in studying Astrological Magic in the near future. My question would be, where do you get the talismans to do it, and do you have to use one or can it be anything?

Konrad wrote:Mithra6, I'm interested in studying Astrological Magic in the near future. My question would be, where do you get the talismans to do it, and do you have to use one or can it be anything?
Talismans are made as part of a ritual that is timed according to specific rules. The most important thing to know is WHEN to make them.

You can make them on paper, clay, wax, whatever.

Konrad wrote:Interesting.

Do you recommend any particular text? I was going to go for the Picatrix.
Yep I would go with that. The other primary texts are De Imaginibus by Thabit Ibn Qurra, and Agrippa's "Three Books of Occult Philosophy". I would start with Picatrix.

Mithra6 wrote:There's a little finesse needed. You shouldn't make planetary talismans for planets that are afflicted in your natal. Peregrine is fine, but not planets in detriment or fall. There can be exceptions to this, but that's the general rule.

I did a Jupiter talisman a while back when I had been jobless for a long time. After doing the talisman, I had two job offers the following week. That was probably the most dramatic.

I tend to get little bumps in business with certain talismans. However I tend to not worry about dramatic results though. I do them and then let things happen as they may.

Generally talismans manifest according to the planet's nature. You might do a talisman for Venus to help out with your art, but then you might find love instead. You can't really pin down particular effects - or at least it doesn't seem to always work that way.
All right.Thanks. :)