Cutting observation

In the past three-and-a-half years, I have suffered two separate lacerations to my lower left shin, both serious enough to require stitches. Naturally, I turned to astrology to see what was going on.

I noticed that in both cases, at the time of the accidents, transiting Mars was conjunct my Solar Return ascendant for that year.

I further noticed the SR Venus was in both cases conjunct natal Venus. In my nativity, Venus is in the first house, and therefore relates to my physical self, as well as to how attractive I might appear to others.

Ironically, when the doctor was sewing me up the other day, he joked that I would have another scar and that my modeling days were over.

I love it when astrology is this literal.

I have a similar story.

At around 6 pm on January 30 I sliced a sizable chunk out of my little finger with my new mandolin slicer. Transiting Mars was square my Mercury (the little finger is associated with Mercury) and opposing the transiting Ascendant.

In my solar return, Mars is the almuten and final dispositor and also placed opposed the Ascendant, mirroring its placement at the time of the accident.

Next time I use that damn thing I'm wearing garden gloves.

Tara wrote:I have a similar story.

At around 6 pm on January 30 I sliced a sizable chunk out of my little finger with my new mandolin slicer. Transiting Mars was square my Mercury (the little finger is associated with Mercury) and opposing the transiting Ascendant.

In my solar return, Mars is the almuten and final dispositor and also placed opposed the Ascendant, mirroring its placement at the time of the accident.

Next time I use that damn thing I'm wearing garden gloves.
Maybe you should look into the lightweight chain mail gloves available at good butcher supply companies. The mandoline is nothing to mess with.

- Ed

Tara wrote:Thanks for the tip, Ed. :' I'll definitely look into it before attempting to use the "finger guillotine" again.

Tara
Of course, on the other hand, it does a wonderful job at its intended purpose!